• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Attemps as a Reward

Emberguard

Legend
If you guys think attempts is a legitimate reward then give negotiations the same options you have when buying attempts. If a player could use medals as one of the options to negotiate members won't feel cheated when the prize is another attempt.

Medals ARE used for negotiations during GE though. (Lvl 4)

And attempts can be a reward IF you are using a boost in the tavern for the GE. It end ups giving me more rewards for the silver spent. I wouldn't be able to afford to negotiate without those attempts as I'd be spending more tavern silver then I get in.

You should not have to spend a cent on the GE. If you only require the guildies to do a single encounter in GE then there's no reason to even negotiate. The very first encounter is always really easy. If your enemy has 3 troops and you get 8 how do you even lose that battle?

My suggestion: Don;t be so harsh on yourselves. You're not going to win every battle or every negotiation and when you go up a age it's harder to win at the start of the tech tree then near the end. So don't make your expectations to be like that. Strive to do well but accept the result when you get a failed encounter rather then spending diamonds to fix it. Diamonds shouldn't be touched until Lvl 4 when you're actually going to recoup them and gain more in the process.

Sounds to me like your guild has unrealistic expectations as to how to play GE born out of impatience. If your guild is not ready to complete the entirety of GE they shouldn't be forcing themselves to do so. They need to grow before they can be expected to complete it

My guilds have the following requirements:

Houndsmoor: Complete 8 encounters minimum (easy, you shouldn't even need to negotiate except at the "boss" stages and that's debateable)
Korch: Complete... hmm, I could have sworn it was somewhere in their rules but I can't find it. I think it was complete Lvl 1?
Noarsil: Complete 23 encounters minimum (this may require negotiating depending on your setup)
Ordhrorvar: Complete 8 encounters minimum. (guild treasury donations if that's all you do - does not state how much to donate)

If your goal as a guild is simply to contribute to the guilds growth rather then compete to be the best I suggest you put the minimum as 8 encounters. There's no reason for that to cause problems as they should barely go through goods and should have sufficient military to complete it.

My Offer: What world are you in? If you would like I could have a look at your guild and ask the members if they would like any tips / advice on what they could do to improve. If it's a world I'm not in already I could start a new world and join your guild to help strengthen it once I can get it to Iron Age

DeletedUser107476

Guilds like mine who don't do gvg in a big way focused our players towards GE because unlike gvg everyone can participate and they are rewarded.
Comparing GE to GvG is like comparing a pea to a marrow. The amount of power from GE is so minimal and HoF's outstrip either. GE is more about the rewards from relics.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Medals ARE used for negotiations during GE though. (Lvl 4)

And attempts can be a reward IF you are using a boost in the tavern for the GE. It end ups giving me more rewards for the silver spent. I wouldn't be able to afford to negotiate without those attempts as I'd be spending more tavern silver then I get in.

You should not have to spend a cent on the GE. If you only require the guildies to do a single encounter in GE then there's no reason to even negotiate. The very first encounter is always really easy. If your enemy has 3 troops and you get 8 how do you even lose that battle?

My suggestion: Don;t be so harsh on yourselves. You're not going to win every battle or every negotiation and when you go up a age it's harder to win at the start of the tech tree then near the end. So don't make your expectations to be like that. Strive to do well but accept the result when you get a failed encounter rather then spending diamonds to fix it. Diamonds shouldn't be touched until Lvl 4 when you're actually going to recoup them and gain more in the process.

Sounds to me like your guild has unrealistic expectations as to how to play GE born out of impatience. If your guild is not ready to complete the entirety of GE they shouldn't be forcing themselves to do so. They need to grow before they can be expected to complete it

My guilds have the following requirements:

Houndsmoor: Complete 8 encounters minimum (easy, you shouldn't even need to negotiate except at the "boss" stages and that's debateable)
Korch: Complete... hmm, I could have sworn it was somewhere in their rules but I can't find it. I think it was complete Lvl 1?
Noarsil: Complete 23 encounters minimum (this may require negotiating depending on your setup)
Ordhrorvar: Complete 8 encounters minimum. (guild treasury donations if that's all you do - does not state how much to donate)

If your goal as a guild is simply to contribute to the guilds growth rather then compete to be the best I suggest you put the minimum as 8 encounters. There's no reason for that to cause problems as they should barely go through goods and should have sufficient military to complete it.

My Offer: What world are you in? If you would like I could have a look at your guild and ask the members if they would like any tips / advice on what they could do to improve. If it's a world I'm not in already I could start a new world and join your guild to help strengthen it once I can get it to Iron Age
Well said!

My Noarsil guild, (Storm Riders), are a heavy GE focused guild, with only a light side of GvG... It *IS* actually quite easy to plow through Guild Lv's & into the low 30's rather quickly on just GE... But you really need full commitment from the whole team to be effective at it. (as the OP seems to imply their guild is trying to achieve)
We have a weekly 32/48 minimum requirement, with 48/48 being mandatory on 'challenge' weeks so we can keep the 1st place trophy, and the big weekly bonus it will pay out for us.

How do we do it, week in and week out?
Simple... We're. A. Team!! ;)
- The big players help the early age players to keep their goods trading going strong so that negotiating into Lv4 is 0 problems.

- Our guild leadership helps to bring in goods to give every single guild member a FREE! Arc GB! (yes, you read that right - no fp payments & always trade with 50% of lowest age goods!)
We're now also organising to give every member a FREE! Alcatraz GB as well, so that eventually everyone can focus towards fighting as far as possible every week. (and thus, reduce the burden of trading for goods)

- We share our strategies & advice for how to efficiently crush the negotiating game, such that outside of the final Lv3 encounter & the later 'boss' encounters of Lv4, no one in our guild spends diamonds - Ever!

And because of our collective teamwork, everyone is capable at any given week to clear lv4 when needed to win that 1st place trophy. And even those of us who only do to the end of Lv3 each week, can & will still earn a steady trickle of diamonds that quickly add up! :)
Since last July or thereabouts, we've only had 3 or 4 weeks where we haven't claimed the 1st place trophy, even knocking off a couple top 3 guilds in other worlds to boot!

DeletedUser107476

Well said!

My Noarsil guild, (Storm Riders), are a heavy GE focused guild, with only a light side of GvG... It *IS* actually quite easy to plow through Guild Lv's & into the low 30's rather quickly on just GE... But you really need full commitment from the whole team to be effective at it. (as the OP seems to imply their guild is trying to achieve)
We have a weekly 32/48 minimum requirement, with 48/48 being mandatory on 'challenge' weeks so we can keep the 1st place trophy, and the big weekly bonus it will pay out for us.

How do we do it, week in and week out?
Simple... We're. A. Team!! ;)
- The big players help the early age players to keep their goods trading going strong so that negotiating into Lv4 is 0 problems.

- Our guild leadership helps to bring in goods to give every single guild member a FREE! Arc GB! (yes, you read that right - no fp payments & always trade with 50% of lowest age goods!)
We're now also organising to give every member a FREE! Alcatraz GB as well, so that eventually everyone can focus towards fighting as far as possible every week. (and thus, reduce the burden of trading for goods)

- We share our strategies & advice for how to efficiently crush the negotiating game, such that outside of the final Lv3 encounter & the later 'boss' encounters of Lv4, no one in our guild spends diamonds - Ever!

And because of our collective teamwork, everyone is capable at any given week to clear lv4 when needed to win that 1st place trophy. And even those of us who only do to the end of Lv3 each week, can & will still earn a steady trickle of diamonds that quickly add up! :)
Since last July or thereabouts, we've only had 3 or 4 weeks where we haven't claimed the 1st place trophy, even knocking off a couple top 3 guilds in other worlds to boot!
Nice guild advertisement lol.

I do find it funny though as under your rules for guild I would not be accepted. My O world city currently knocks out between 55-60K power a week with HoF's and I have an arc and obs. But my time spent in GE is erratic.

I am just not good enough :(