• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Attemps as a Reward

DeletedUser103849

Within the 1st 6 encounters in level 4, 4 attempts offered as a reward twice...absolutely ridiculous. MORE ATTEMPTS IS NOT A REWARD! Members sacrifice time, goods, diamonds, etc. to advance in GE and you reward them with attempts. My members don't like it and neither do I.

DeletedUser103849

What is wrong with you people? An additional attempt is not a reward you get one every hour wake up! If you need more use medals and buy one but don't stick the rest of us with more attempts.

DeletedUser

What is wrong with you people? An additional attempt is not a reward you get one every hour wake up! If you need more use medals and buy one but don't stick the rest of us with more attempts.
Attempts are cool for everyone who negotiates. If you fight, more attempts can be useful or not, depending on how often/long you can be on and how many troops you've got. Personally, I like getting attempts every once in a while.

DeletedUser103849

It makes no sense I have members who negotiate to get through 4 levels of GE they have to use diamonds they buy with real money and are rewarded with more attempts. How would that make you feel? If players need more attempts they can buy them using medals, negotiations require diamonds. It's just not fair to penalize GE players who work to help the guild with more attempts.

DeletedUser110531

I really like getting attempts, especially when you buy an extra turn in the tavern. You can get through like 16 encounters in 15 mins if you are luck. It is good if you want to spend time on something else.

Andrew420

Major
I also like getting the attempts as a reward in the EARLY levels but have to agree with ChevyDiesel
Getting more attempts as a reward in the 4th level is a slap in the face
At that point more attempts are the last thing I want to earn

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
It makes no sense I have members who negotiate to get through 4 levels of GE they have to use diamonds they buy with real money and are rewarded with more attempts. How would that make you feel? If players need more attempts they can buy them using medals, negotiations require diamonds. It's just not fair to penalize GE players who work to help the guild with more attempts.
Then I'm afraid that they're doing it wrong... -_-

With the extra turn from the tavern, there is almost *never* any good reason to spend diamonds on negotiating...
So what, you lose a few goods. It's ALOT! easier to recoup a few extra goods vs. spending diamonds... honestly, the only times I ever spend diamonds on GE are;
a) on the final towers of Lv3 & Lv4, *IF* I know exactly which choices are needed to finish within 1 more round.
b) I only do the above if I've already won some diamonds that week. ;)

If you negotiate more than fight in GE, then you *should* ideally have your city set-up to produce at least slightly more goods than you typically spend per week on GE. That way, you can handle 'unlucky' attempts where you have to start over again & still have plenty of goods left over for events/continent map/research.
Otherwise, if members are having trouble running out of goods, then they need to re-think their cities and/or spend some time just focusing on building up their inventories.

I can produce 100 current age + 50 previous age goods per day in my main EMA city, just from my boosted factories.
Being in a good guild, it's easy to trade for what else I need. Add in 6-8+ recurring quests/day & my 2 GB's, and even without a Chateaux yet, I'm still bringing in more goods than I spend each week.
I'm now up to over 3k goods for both EMA & Iron Age!

Overall, I love getting me some extra attempts, as it helps to clear out larger chunks of the GE map on a single tavern boost. :)

Agent327

Overlord
Members sacrifice time, goods, diamonds, etc. to advance in GE and you reward them with attempts. My members don't like it and neither do I.

It hardly takes time, doesn't cost goods and it certainly doesn't cost diamonds. You and your members are obviously doping something wrong.

DeletedUser106696

Same here... Don't use diamonds for negotiations, but am quite happy when the tavern boost lasts for a few extra encounters.

DeletedUser103849

If you guys think attempts is a legitimate reward then give negotiations the same options you have when buying attempts. If a player could use medals as one of the options to negotiate members won't feel cheated when the prize is another attempt. This is a big deal and needs to be fixed because I make members participate in GE because it helps the guild, zero encounters you get the boot. Many players have no choice but to negotiate and I hear the frustration when they get hit with another attempt as a reward...it's a total rip off and I agree! Many members are now saying GE is not worth the resources & effort. Offering attempts in GE to assist those doing the daily challenge is simply not fair to those who sacrifice so much to participate in GE out of guild loyalty. There are 2 ways to look at this, from a leadership or follower point of view, anyone who thinks attempts is a reward needs to buy a leadership hat & wear it until you see the light.

DeletedUser103849

I really like getting attempts, especially when you buy an extra turn in the tavern. You can get through like 16 encounters in 15 mins if you are luck. It is good if you want to spend time on something else.
You like more attempts? You probably like high taxes, big government, and getting hit in the head with a hammer. I hate to inform you but you get free attempts every hour. I have ton's of attempts left over I'll be happy to sell you some.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
You like more attempts? You probably like high taxes, big government, and getting hit in the head with a hammer. I hate to inform you but you get free attempts every hour. I have ton's of attempts left over I'll be happy to sell you some.
+1 attempt/hour is pointless when you're on Lv3-4 and only have 15-30min window to negotiate as many encounters as possible. -_-

And no, "spend medals" is dumb & self-defeating, because those are far more valuable for buying expansions ASAP, and/or are required on Lv4 anyways...
Likewise, "spend diamonds" is even sillier, since those are much harder to come by and/or cost real $$$, and are better used for guess what? Yep, more expansions! :P

DeletedUser111589

@ChevyDiesel at what age are you and your guildmates and how long are you all playing? How much knowledge of game do you have? How many daily goods are all you producing and which ages? How are you negotiating, which tactic do you use?

And finally, are you brainless not to check tavern boost for extra turn so that you can enter negotiations with 4 turns instead of 3?

I hate to spend 4500 tavern silver when I can do pass lv in 15 minutes which costs 1500 silver. I'd much rather buy 1d 30% attack boost for 8000 silver every now and then.

On lv 3 GE, my success rate is roughly 80%, usually failing on every 4th encounter. On lv 4, its around 65% because I have more options to pick from. Which is still good for lv 4.

DeletedUser103849

@ChevyDiesel

And finally, are you brainless not to check tavern boost for extra turn so that you can enter negotiations with 4 turns instead of 3?

Mr Farmer it's obvious you don't have a clue, talk about brainless I hate to inform you but if you have a tavern military boost going and you get stuck and need the extra turn it requires diamonds. I started this post to get the attention of FoE so they would take a look at this unfair situation. I didn't realize there were so many sheep. If you don't know what that means google it. As for the rest of your pointless post I won't waste my time to respond to a farmer, farmers are farmers cause they don't know how to fight.

DeletedUser111589

Mr Farmer it's obvious you don't have a clue, talk about brainless I hate to inform you but if you have a tavern military boost going and you get stuck and need the extra turn it requires diamonds. I started this post to get the attention of FoE so they would take a look at this unfair situation. I didn't realize there were so many sheep. If you don't know what that means google it. As for the rest of your pointless post I won't waste my time to respond to a farmer, farmers are farmers cause they don't know how to fight.

On Jaims, I'm battling my way through GE, still increasing my attack bonus for more, simply because I focus on farming doesn't mean I don't know how to fight.

And if you are battling through GE, why should you negotiate and waste diamonds for extra turn? Getting stuck is no good, you poor lad. Just force your way forward as a fighter would do.

You want those attempts to be removed, I want them to stay so I can finish GE faster and spend less silver.

DeletedUser111866

On lv 4, its around 65% because I have more options to pick from. Which is still good for lv 4.
Hmmm, you probably underestimate, however indeed negotiating GE4 is harder. I normally end up with 1-2 attempts wasted out of 8 in GE4, today managed with 0 but I had good luck winning 3 out of 3 50% guesses. So 75% on average is doable in GE4 with boost. Without boost - ummm, there's something with the adventurer's brain.