• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Army Management

DeletedUser12086

Hiya all,

We will reduce the tooltip speed until an unattached unit filter is implemented.

Edit: Read "waiting time" (so there is less waiting).

DeletedUser15432

Even if the previous layout had so many pages it was far much easier to browse by clicking on the Page numbers than in this current layout where we have to move using the slider ... Also the main issue here is choosing the attached units from the unattached units and this layout is just not good for that ....With the Alcatraz giving out free unattached units everyday the army keeps growing . and u will end up most of your time in sliding trying to find those 8 attached units out a 100's of non attached units ....Other minor things which is not in this new layout ... In the earlier layout we could select 8 units at a time ... in this we cannot .... We had clear separate units for defense... now we have defense mixed with all units making it more confusing ... Browsing was any day easier in the previous layout than the current one (thats if u r playing on a computer and not on a touchscreen equipment) ...Have u tried sliding through 1000's of units just to get the 8 units to fight ... And after we find and select 1 unit the unit selector again goes back to the beginning.... so we have to start all over again from the start ...the tool-tip whenever it appears (the slowness is a smaller bug, i feel) covers the units next to it making it more difficult check what is the next unit ... I find these issues which are irritating with this new layout ... Changing from the defense to attack and vice versa was never an issue for me ...it was very smooth in the previous layout.... Also i never checked how many clicks it required as that was also never an issue for me ...
I fight between 30-70 battles on each of three separate worlds each day and actually never bother to differentiate between attached and unattached units on the world where I have Alcatraz as I maintain a quite large base army and the new army management screen us far more efficient than the older multiple click version. If you have an Alcatraz, why are you bothering to differentiate between attached and unattached units as you will always have far more units than you will ever conceivably need

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Hiya all,

We will reduce the tooltip speed until an unattached unit filter is implemented.

Thats good news Countess ...Atleast we know now that the dev's are thinking of the unattached unit filter and can remain in hope that it will be implemented soon ... By the way i am not sure i understand what it means by reducing of the "tooltip speed"
... but i m sure most of the players will be ready to accept anything as long as its done to implement the unattached units filter :-)

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I fight between 30-70 battles on each of three separate worlds each day and actually never bother to differentiate between attached and unattached units on the world where I have Alcatraz as I maintain a quite large base army and the new army management screen us far more efficient than the older multiple click version. If you have an Alcatraz, why are you bothering to differentiate between attached and unattached units as you will always have far more units than you will ever conceivably need

Well I dont want to use my unattached units buddy and i prefer to play it that way .... Maybe u do not mind losing them in neighborhood battles but I do ...to each his own way of playing .... And i think most of the players also do the same and thats why they are having an issue with this layout ...

DeletedUser7990

I thought the last one was a bit weird, I got used to it, it wasn't the sort of interface you could just use. This new one isn't either.
I think having two boxes, one for attacking and one for defending, then a box at the bottom with everything else, you just click up or left or right to move between them would have been more user friendly.

DeletedUser3157

If you have an Alcatraz, why are you bothering to differentiate between attached and unattached units as you will always have far more units than you will ever conceivably need

It really depends on how many units you lose per day and what units you use where. For example some players like to use "normal" units they can quickly retrain in fights where they expect big losses. While they leave unattached units for fights they expect more minor injuries out off(when they have lost or injured all their normal units by then). If you'd play that situation vice versa, you'd end up with soon loosing all of your unattached units. And if in such scenario being in place where you actually need your unattached units daily, it would mean unit shortage despite your Alcatraz. Other factor is that people are trying to save up units for guild wars which need a ton of them.

DeletedUser13805

My thoughts ,
I too fight 75-85 battles daily but on auto as i dont have the time to play chess . In doing this i am on the army management screen nearly every 20 seconds or so . At first i found it a bit complicated but after doing the full daily rounds of battles i find the new screen a gift . Other than a little tweaking for unattached / attached units this is the way forward .
FoE dont just implement new stuff just to get people mad , i think this new management tool will play a part in GvG & as posted on another thread (i think) someone mentioned that it will help speed up the game in general .
@ desypete , I have listened to you moan on the forum for nearly a year now . Not given new ways a chance to be tweaked or rectified . You come on the forum all guns blazing every time and complain . I dont understand why you bother to play the game at all . If something bothered me that much i would have left a long time ago . But you keep coming back for more . Try to enjoy the experience or quit .

i am hot on your heals and you dont like it so you would love to see me quit not a chance and i am already past you as the top fighter in fel world no one has won more battles that no mean feat catching you guys up who have been around an age
you might auto battle i dont as i dont have 150% boost so its hard work for me hence i moan do you understand it

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

Hiya all,

Edit: Read "waiting time" (so there is less waiting).
Thank you! :)

I think that the best would be to both reduce the time it takes to show the tool-tip and also to add a checkbox to toggle between showing and hiding unattached units :) The downside with the color marker is that you'd need to mark the new units each time you collect them from Alcatraz :)
lol, wouldn't you just mark your attached units? :)

DeletedUser13805

today (as i could be bothered to scroll through all the unattached attached etc) i sent 8 snippers into battle 8 rfc only my neighbour changed his army again for 7 tanks and 1 rouge i lost 5 unattached snippers that would of been attached snippers had i spent the time to check my army out but it takes to long : ( now players who have 150% attack and the game is all so easy for them might think on as they really dont have a clue how hard it is for players who dont auto battle

DeletedUser5180

Hi countess, can we expect the unattached unit filter in the next update, with currently having around 170 tanks and this figure rising by 5-6 per day it's sooooo frustrating scrolling along trying to find a specific unit ( especially when there is a high chance that the game will freeze once the fore mentioned unit is finally found ) and a battle started,

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Not happy with this new system at all...takes far too long to identify attached/unattached units, can't easily see what units were just given from Alcatraz collection, and the old system of selecting 8 of a unit type by double-clicking one and then moving them in to the attack window was far more efficient than having to click on 8 separate units (just in case a wrong unit gets put in the attack window)

DeletedUser

So if you'd make a filter to hide unattached units, I think it would be a very decient improvent this new army management system compared to the old one. Or esp if u add some proper extras like the above mentioned sorting units by health etc variebles. But until you do, this new screen is gonna be a terrible time-vampire and cause for frustration for pretty much any player owning an Alcatraz or unattached units in the mix they can not afford to lose rapidly.

A new filter would just complicate things uselessly. You`ll waste more time by selecting whatever filters you need.
The best solution would be to simply make different colour borders for attached and unattached troops.
Currently defense troops have blue borders while all the others have no border at all.
Just put attached troops in green and unattached in yellow for instance.
How hard can it be?
No new filters. No scrolling and scrolling. No nothing.

DeletedUser7223

i am hot on your heals and you dont like it so you would love to see me quit not a chance and i am already past you as the top fighter in fel world no one has won more battles that no mean feat catching you guys up who have been around an age
you might auto battle i dont as i dont have 150% boost so its hard work for me hence i moan do you understand it

No your very wrong mate , i want you to quit because every time i log onto the forum there you are like clockwork moaning & complaining over every update, quest & new age . I'm sick of it . you alone would make people want to quit . & btw dont be sending me personal messages in game telling me to shut my gob . Bit of advice , be a man & have some dignity . Stop posting negative & immature remarks .
Goodluck !

DeletedUser

A small gift to InnoGames, with a visual aid of the check box for unattached units :)

SA1N627.png

DeletedUser

Great news, Countess, thank you.

I'd honestly just rather have a small colored dot or icon on the unattached units than a tick box. I guess I wouldn't mind both, but if it were one or the other, i'd just like a simple visual aid to show it's attached or not.

DeletedUser13805

No your very wrong mate , i want you to quit because every time i log onto the forum there you are like clockwork moaning & complaining over every update, quest & new age . I'm sick of it . you alone would make people want to quit . & btw dont be sending me personal messages in game telling me to shut my gob . Bit of advice , be a man & have some dignity . Stop posting negative & immature remarks .
Goodluck !
like i said to you before you have it easy so none of the changes have had any impact on you hence you dont moan you soon moaned for a better hood when you was in a small one we had to listen to you, so now when things are ok for you then you expect the rest to be happy with it and if you hadnt noticed not many people are happy with it not just me. your only moaning at me as you know i will catch you up soon and thats because i dont auto battle i work dam hard for the poiints not sit there clicking a button and not having to look after the troops etc like i said your in a luxary zone hence nothing bothers you and please if you want to carry it on then do so in private its the grown up way to deal with it

DeletedUser15432

Hi countess, can we expect the unattached unit filter in the next update, with currently having around 170 tanks and this figure rising by 5-6 per day it's sooooo frustrating scrolling along trying to find a specific unit ( especially when there is a high chance that the game will freeze once the fore mentioned unit is finally found ) and a battle started,
Are you trying to create a Panzerarmee their because that seems like a little bit of an excess, you could fight 20 battles at once with that quantity of armour

Great news, Countess, thank you.

I'd honestly just rather have a small colored dot or icon on the unattached units than a tick box. I guess I wouldn't mind both, but if it were one or the other, i'd just like a simple visual aid to show it's attached or not.

Well this is where I say hood idea Alex

DeletedUser16126

The army management is clearly lacking an indication for unattached units.
You have to hunt for unattached units, once you find one and add it to your attack window, then the whole army seems to reorganize. I see no clear way how the army gets reorganized. I would expect that when you add a unit to the attack selection that all other units just shift in a way, and that you just can continue from the place where you stopped, hunting for other unattached units. But it seems that once you added a unit that you have to start all over again.
It could be simply solved by adding a simple visual indication on the picture, then you even don't have to waste time to wait on the pop-up of the unit details.
I really hope this will be taken into consideration, otherwise fighting will become a real time-consuming activity and become a real burden. And when a game like this becomes a burden, then the businessplan of the game will completely collapse...

DeletedUser276

Hey folks. I have gone through and dealt with the petty insults and childishness in this thread. I will give you all a friendly heads up to refrain from swearing in the forums and if you have an issue with someones idea then tear the idea apart not the person who posted it 1 person was already banned for going way beyond where they should have.