• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Army Management

DeletedUser

I was suddenly confronted with a horrible and totally counter-intuitive layout to "manage" military units.
Do I have a choice in this and can I revert back to the old screen which showed me what I needed to know? It was a bit awkward, but did the job. The new one is not really usable.

DeletedUser

It will take a little getting used to like all new features, but its not possible to revert to the old style unless of course this was changed for all players. Just remember to press the blue defence button on the left and highlight 8 of your units in blue, these are your defence, then whichever units you wish to attack with jus click on them once from the unit pool at the bottom and they go straight into your top column of currently selected army, these are then what you will attack with. I hope that helps simplify it a little. Give it time I'm sure in a week or so it will be the 'norm' :-)

Puablo

Corporal
If we have a blue button for the defending army, then why couldn't they make a green button for an attacking army. At the moment we do not know what we have selected!
Another way to lose people fast. All it needed was two toggles, one for attacking and one for defending. There is room to show both and still keep your army at the bottom. Suggest a rethink quick.

DeletedUser14587

ehhh the story of FOE with every update but i put my voice with puablo

DeletedUser15471

So where has the shield for extra defence gone? Especially for the 20% extra with the monastery.

DeletedUser14587

u can put the mouse on the unit it will show how much defense she have it was couple of weeks when they removed that shield still it shows in green the percent of defense u have

DeletedUser

Personally I can't really see an advantage in this screen, but it is new and we'll all have to put up with it. It would have been far more beneficial to have added an "unattached" filter though, as that could serve a purpose. Go figure. :confused:

DeletedUser

LaszloV said:
I was suddenly confronted with a horrible and totally counter-intuitive layout to "manage" military units.
Do I have a choice in this and can I revert back to the old screen which showed me what I needed to know? It was a bit awkward, but did the job. The new one is not really usable.

And why do you think that it is so horrible? :confused:

A main problem here is obviusly that people don't care to read.

Here's one example. This basic question wouldn't even have been asked if people did care to read the announcements.

Question said:
If we have a blue button for the defending army, then why couldn't they make a green button for an attacking army. At the moment we do not know what we have selected!

Announcements - Update to 1.13 - Answer 1 said:
Now, you can mark units to defend your city, but unlike before, they can now also be used in attack.

Announcements - Update to 1.13 - Answer 2 said:
Units you select from your unit pool (at the bottom of the screen) will be placed into your current army.

Announcements - Update to 1.13 - Answer 3 said:
Units with a blue surround are marked to defend your city. Clicking this blue defensive helmet will activate the defending army selector, which can be toggled on and off. When active, click any unit to add/remove it from your defending army.

My answer:

There's no attacking army selector because all your aviable units can attack, even the ones defending. Attacking and defending units are no longer separated, so why separate them by a different pool or color if they are not separated anymore? The blue color is just used so that you should know that this unit is used in the defence aswell.

EDIT: For clarification: All your aviable units that you've placed in your "currently seleced army" pool can attack, even the ones defending.

To everyone that is confused about the new army managent window: Read the > Announcement < !

If you have read it, and understand how it works, and still don't like it, then please explain why :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14587

@falcon

how many time u need to pick up ur army avoiding picking up the unattached unit plus to check them again before the battle so u dont pick accidentally an unattached unit

DeletedUser5180

utter utter waste of time.........slows down the whole process of selecting a unit if you are searching for an attached or unattached unit as previously the pages gave you an idea where they were. even hovering over a unit to see its info takes longer for the info to pop up than before. It takes longer to select an army than actually use the army in a single battle. As most players spend far more time selecting an attacking army as opposed to a defensive army this has no real benefits whatsoever. Im very very disappointed with this as its ruined the whole pvp part of the game which is the main attraction for many (or most) players. I guess this will be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of players dedication to FoE

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DONT FIX IT.

DeletedUser

@falcon

how many time u need to pick up ur army avoiding picking up the unattached unit plus to check them again before the battle so u dont pick accidentally an unattached unit

Not so many because I always pick the units to the right in the army pool first :) Unattached units are classed as "defensive" units, and defensive units are aligned to the left in the army pool.

You'd also have known this if you had read the announcement :)

Announcement Update Version 1.13 said:
4. This is your unit pool, where your available units are kept. As before, you can filter between different unit types. Defensive units always appear at the front of the pool, for easier location.

EDIT: So to answer you question; I only check the units tooltip once, before I click on "Attack" :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14587

@ falcon

actually i have over 6 pages of unattached unit plus the daily i receive from Alcatraz

now with 85 member in my hood i have to take one minute to pick the right unit for the army this is 85 minute extra time been add to this game this is why i don't like the update

DeletedUser13805

utter utter waste of time.........slows down the whole process of selecting a unit if you are searching for an attached or unattached unit as previously the pages gave you an idea where they were. even hovering over a unit to see its info takes longer for the info to pop up than before. It takes longer to select an army than actually use the army in a single battle. As most players spend far more time selecting an attacking army as opposed to a defensive army this has no real benefits whatsoever. Im very very disappointed with this as its ruined the whole pvp part of the game which is the main attraction for many (or most) players. I guess this will be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of players dedication to FoE

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DONT FIX IT.

bang on the button its a sheer utter pile of rubbish its slowed down the selcetion process and added so much more time onto battles it does take longer to hunt for unattacked units than it does to do a battle they keep on bringing things out and we dont have a choice other than to quit and maybe thats what its trying to do to get rid of the hard core

DeletedUser

@ falcon

actually i have over 6 pages of unattached unit plus the daily i receive from Alcatraz

now with 85 member in my hood i have to take one minute to pick the right unit for the army this is 85 minute extra time been add to this game this is why i don't like the update

I'm not saying that you're wrong, a checkbox that would allow us to toggle between showing unattached units or not would be a great implementation :) I'm just telling people that havn't read the user-guide to actually read it before they complain about something that they don't even understand :)

DeletedUser14587

@ falcon

this is the first thing i said in the discussion thread with all they do in the new layout they could add an filter UNATTACHED with ages so it make it easier for us to pick up what we need but now its abig mix and evry unit takes over 5 second just to show is it unattached or no

DeletedUser14587

bang on the button its a sheer utter pile of rubbish its slowed down the selcetion process and added so much more time onto battles it does take longer to hunt for unattacked units than it does to do a battle they keep on bringing things out and we dont have a choice other than to quit and maybe thats what its trying to do to get rid of the hard core

despyete

i found we still can fight with the old layout if u opened the tower and attacked from there

DeletedUser

i found we still can fight with the old layout if u opened the tower and attacked from there

Uhm... and what makes the old version better? :confused:

DeletedUser99281

mine doesn't work at all. dunt matter how many times i click blue or not, it never gives me the opportunity to attack. absolute joke.

DeletedUser14587

what makes the old version better

first it only take a second to check the unit if it unattached or no
second u can pick up from ur attacking army any number of unit and change them which u cant in the new version
third u can easily count how many unit u have so u can know what unit u gained from alcrtaz

DeletedUser13805

you clearly dont battle hard core as you dont seem to understand why people dont like it so just to explain little bit for you
1 the old system showed up if a unit was unattaqched or not in a blink of an eye
now you have to hold the mouse over the icon and wait a second to see if its unattached or not
now if you have hordes of unattacjed uints it means you have to keep on scrolling to hopefully find a unit you can use
its all time consuming and its bad enouigh as it is with the slow maps
now it might be great if you only havew a few units or better still you dont have unattached units but for people who do its a long slog