• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Anniversary Event 2023 Feedback

Pedant

Private
Please leave your feedback for the Anniversary Event 2023 starting on March 28th below. See here for the full details of the event.
6 days in, I haven't got a Scooby what is going on with this event. I have lots of handle parts of keys and lots of other bits floating around. Complete mess. I have given up and look forward to the next event.
(Scooby Doo = Clue in Cockney Rhyming Slang)

This event mini games are getting too annoying and time consuming. Game is meant to be enjoyed and not to be frustrating and tedious. It is OK to occasionally put event with something more complex like wildlife event but not have every single one like that. Sometimes simplicity is what people are looking for to relax and enjoy the game, there should be a good mix of both.

Vesiger

Monarch
I seem to have suddenly lost the ability to redeem any keys at all since yesterday - I can merge top-level keys with each other, but tapping on the key and then on the square in the middle of the board no longer redeems anything :(
(Although only by reading through this thread have I realised that there are supposed to be upper and lower key parts - I thought there were only gems with keys, which could be redeemed, and gems without keys, which could only be unlocked! So maybe I'm missing parts which I was accidentally obtaining previously... I agree that the in game help is woefully inadequate. )

Vesiger

Monarch
only by reading through this thread have I realised that there are supposed to be upper and lower key parts - I thought there were only gems with keys, which could be redeemed, and gems without keys, which could only be unlocked! So maybe I'm missing parts which I was accidentally obtaining previously... I agree that the in game help is woefully inadequate. )
Well, I worked it out - the problem was indeed that there are three kinds of keys rather than just two, as I had somehow failed to gather or had forgotten since the first day I played. That certainly adds an extra level of strategy..

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
I agree not a bad event and the mini game take a bit of getting used to but interesting

DaveSA

Private
I think this is my least favourite event so far. Besides for the mini-game being overly complicated, you are forced to doing a set number of games every day otherwise you are penalised due to the reset cost doubling every time. It feels like a chore, there's no fun in the event.

In previous events, if you didn't get the final level, you could just wait for it to show in the AD. With these special upgrades, you might as well remove all the upgrades and just have 1 completed special building in place of the golden upgrade kit because that's the only one that really matters.

I've also had to switch my AD over to 2 hour runs to try make a dent in all the worthless items this event spits out.

PlasmaWolf

Private
I'm very disappointed by the minigame. The variance in the blue/green/red stones is so big that I now have 6 blue, 25 green, 79 red keys. That makes it entirely luck-dependent on whether you get the maximum level of the event building or not. That makes it incredibly frustrating to play.

Worst event FOE has come up with and the %'s are a joke. Tedious game that takes too much time. I reset the board 4 times/day, spawn gems 10 to 12 times each board. Save up all my keys for a good daily prize. I've used all my keys on two days so far. The first day I opened about 50 chests and got 0 daily prizes. The 2nd time I opened 64 chests and got 5 daily prizes. So the odds of getting a daily prize range from 10 - 24% and so far i've gotten a daily prize 4.4% of the time. The gap in what the % should be and what it actually is, is everywhere in this game. Also i'll be lucky to get enough tower of conjunction kits to get a fully upgraded building. This game has become completely focused on making people spend money.

pharl

Corporal
I"ve stopped playing this event - played up to now every day, but today I opened it up and just couldn't be bothered with the tedious game play. Then took a look at GE and started to battle, but also stopped on that as well - what's the point? I"ve now got pages of selection kits and fragments to wade through, splice together, pick what I'm going to use if any and then send stuff to he Auction House. Where's the fun in that? It's become a real chore to do everything and just isn't fun anymore. Getting seriously fed up with how the game has gone recently after 6 years of playing.

Dr Jeaps

Private
have been playing this game for some time now and over the last year or so have spent a lot of money, which I don't really mind doing but.....feel myself and others are deing ripped off deu to this so called anniversary event, I spent almost £100 trying to gain advantage gettint extra up grades for event building, what did I get with only 3 days to go ? 6 upgtades, a short fall of 5. NOT HAPPY AT ALL !

Gooders99

Private
Not going to get close to a fully upgraded event building despite "completing" the event. What an utter waste of time this has been.

suethegreat

Captain
level 9 if lucky. Real insult is adding a second level 1 base in the prize list before players have got even level 8 maybe. Scratching my memory but in previous events couldnt you get 1 event building upgrade in Bronze? now only in Silver up which as the stats keep increasing is pretty hard unless of course you have diamonds and cash to spare. Obviously Inno is a business but the feedback on this is too random too time consuming and would it really hurt to reward players with a better chance to fully level after 2 weeks of daily play?

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I've enjoyed this event.
It's been different to those before and needed some thought into how to play rather than just clicking a wheel or jumping across a pond or field.
Once you crack the technique of merging pieces or keys then the event becomes much more likeable.

It is definitely possible to get a full (lvl 11) event building without spending diamonds, I've managed it on my main world and I'm not the cleverest of people by any means.
I got level 10's on my other worlds but a final upgrade might become available in the future. It's not a problem, I can wait.

But waiting seems to be a massive problem for some players. FoE is a GAME and is a marathon not a sprint. More upgrades will turn up at some point.
If you don't like the style or mechanics of an event then you're entitled to your opinion of course, but it seems childish to me to howl how bad the event is just because you haven't gotten a full building.
If you want easy event gameplay where everything is handed to you and a full prize is guaranteed every time then you're in the wrong game.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
If you want easy event gameplay where everything is handed to you and a full prize is guaranteed every time then you're in the wrong game.

I don't complain either way, if it doesn't suit I just don't do the events but by simply completing the quests and doing the events upto the last year or so has gained you a complete building.

There is a massive difference between being handed an event building and needing to complete an event with the most basic of instructions when the wiggle room for errors is minimal.

Being able to get a full building without having to play a certain way (without instruction) WAS the previous way events worked. Players aren't in the wrong game they've changed the way events work, going to assume you haven't been playing that long to not know that but it certainly was the way events worked for a long time.

King Dael

Sergeant
A fully upgraded event building + a crapton of extra goodies along the way. I can't really complain when it's all have been for free...but...
The amount of red keys vs. green and blue was ridiculous. 129 unusable red keys in the end. There should have been a way of trading keys from one color to another.

Screenshot_20230417_182932_Forge of Empires.jpg

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
Here's another fine example of how random this event was:
FoE AnniEv1.png

1) A total of THREE locked green gems, all of them with an Upper Key Part, no Lower Key Part at all.
2) I filled the initial empty space with gems. How many blue gems did I get? ZERO! NOT A SINGLE ONE!!! But I did get more greens than I needed.

It is clear that I took too long to figure out how this event works, so this will be the first time in years that I do not get a fully leveled building. No Golden Upgrade either. Congrats to those who managed to get at least one Phatom Tower of Conjunction.