• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Anniversary Event 2023 Feedback

Manimal

FoE Team
Co-Community Manager
Please leave your feedback for the Anniversary Event 2023 starting on March 28th below. See here for the full details of the event.

Malynn

Corporal
I much preferred last years Anniversary Event/Mini-Game. This new mini-game of continually having to merge gems is tedious, repetitive and boring.

Forwandert

Major-General
OK tried it and don't like it. It's tedious and all the information required ingame is that basic it's not clear what should be done. The test board doesn't explain anything at all just makes you move things around so when you complete it you're still none the wiser.

Main issue for me is the size of the key icons on mobile, actually straining to see these little key parts and don't know why the gameboard has been made so small. There's literally a huge amount of background which means the board could have been a lot bigger.

Screenshot_20230328_200721_Forge of Empires.jpg

As soon as I left the board my eyes actually had to adjust before I could read something. Won't be playing it any further. Very poor design and concept.

Spent a couple of years trying to destroy our hand dexterity with gbg on mobile by not fixing the buttons in a comfortable place and now you're trying to make us half blind too.

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Feedback from me - is that this is a terribly created game. It is extremely frustrating. Game time is time to sit back, relax and enjoy. This particular mini-game is anything but enjoyable. From new boards that have, or are completely out of balance - lots of one key type, almost nil of the other, boards that when you keep paying the 10 energy, getting lots of level 3 and 4 pieces but next to no level 1 or 2 pieces. And the sound effects are very irritating. This is the first time I am throwing in the towel on an Event, due to the complete frustration that the Event has provided. Event building looks nice, but no chance of obtaining it, since the Event is far too frustrating to complete.

Last edited:
Completely agree, which are the locked ones because I can't tell what's in the top right corner of the pieces? Somehow I have spent around 610 things? And I was only on 225 which seemed to take forever having only opened the first chest and 1 gold and as Palaidiac says I had loads of lvl 3s etc but then all of a sudden it says Congratulations you've cleared the board but as I said I don't know which are the unlocked ones and what's the difference anyway if I can pair with both types? Oh and I've just logged on again and I'm not on 225 I'm on 109 like what the actual is going on.

Yet another rubbish event and reason to look for a new game!

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
What I hate about the mini game is the randomness. There's NO player control over what sort of gems will be generated. Need a blue gem? Here are a bumch of useless red and green. Need a level 1 red gem? Here are a bunch level 2, 3 and 4 red gems.

Then there's the imbalance in the gems on the board. Example:
FoE CrappyBoard1.png

The two unlocked gems were red, so ignore them. Look at the Green gems instead. How many green gems give a lower key part? TWO! Every other green gem gives upper key part. So best case scenario I can get 2x3 keys, plus 1 more for having 4 green gems with half a key on the board.

The Blue gems are even worse: ONE upper key part, everything else is lower key parts.

Only the reds are somewhat balanced.

In my main city I am down to just 200 energy left and my progress is 283. Yes, uust ONE Grand Prize so far (not counting the free one at the start). If I want to get more Grand Prizes, the best way seems to be to open one golden chest per day, the one that gives the most progress (because the first oen gives double the reward). Which means I will be ignoring the game for most of the event (until I need more keys for chests).

Overall it is not a bad mini game (once you figure out how things work), but the randomness ruins it. Skill is meaningless if you are at the mercy of RNG.

What I hate about the mini game is the randomness. There's NO player control over what sort of gems will be generated. Need a blue gem? Here are a bumch of useless red and green. Need a level 1 red gem? Here are a bunch level 2, 3 and 4 red gems.

Then there's the imbalance in the gems on the board. Example:
View attachment 24799
The two unlocked gems were red, so ignore them. Look at the Green gems instead. How many green gems give a lower key part? TWO! Every other green gem gives upper key part. So best case scenario I can get 2x3 keys, plus 1 more for having 4 green gems with half a key on the board.

The Blue gems are even worse: ONE upper key part, everything else is lower key parts.

Only the reds are somewhat balanced.

In my main city I am down to just 200 energy left and my progress is 283. Yes, uust ONE Grand Prize so far (not counting the free one at the start). If I want to get more Grand Prizes, the best way seems to be to open one golden chest per day, the one that gives the most progress (because the first oen gives double the reward). Which means I will be ignoring the game for most of the event (until I need more keys for chests).

Overall it is not a bad mini game (once you figure out how things work), but the randomness ruins it. Skill is meaningless if you are at the mercy of RNG.
It was broken in Beta and is still broken now. I have had colours which only have either the bottom half or the top half so merging is impossible. Also when you are given only lvl 1 spawns and there are no locked lvl 1 or level 2 gems kinda makes it fruitless to progress.

Zontan

Private
When selecting a free gem, the free gems and locked gems that you can match with are too similar. Likewise the gem levels aren't distinct enough. The free gems can be moved around (which I found out by chance), but this doesn't help much - the locked gems cannot be moved around and the mini-game already takes quite a bit of time and energy to do (counting and planning etc.). As someone already said: tedious

GADfan

Warrant Officer
I must be in the vast minority because I'm enjoying this event.
The mini-game is very different to those in the past, which is refreshing.
It took a little bit of time to understand what was going on but once you develop a strategy (or two) it's plain sailing.
Yes, a lot depends on what element spawns but if you leave the board as varied as possible as you work through it then the right element will come along.

It's not just about pairing up keys and converting them. I like the fact you can change tactic and clear the board by unlocking the squares, or you can pay energy to refresh the board (or you can wait until the next day for a free board refresh).

The free energy along the Event questline helps a lot too.

nice2haveu

Corporal
It would have been nice to keep energy cell also as an additional item in the daily challenge keys reward. After rush quest, if no energy cell and finishing daily challenge giving keys doesn't make any progress on event board.

It is awarding 9 (one of the RGB) keys and expecting it to give along 20 energy cell too. Kind of small helping hand from daily challenge to the event board progress when rush quest and energies are over.

Terrible event. Too complicate for no reason. Not enjoyable at all. I hear the same comments in the guild about it. Sad.
Not worth spending time, on something that's difficult to get as a building, and for what reason; to just gain 1% more power.
Complicated is good. Easy (e.g. spinning a fortune wheel) is boring. But this minigame really isn't very complicated at all. Almost too easy. And all the rewards you can get along the way are great.

Last edited:
So many defence boosts. Why do we need so many defence boosts? I feel like by the end of the minigame I'll have a thousand of these tiny useless blue bottles.

I must be in the vast minority because I'm enjoying this event.
The mini-game is very different to those in the past, which is refreshing.
It's not too horrible, really. Tons of bonuses (most of them useful) for the amount of clicking you normally do. Not nearly as controllable as the St Paddy's mini-town (that's still miles ahead of everything else), but still not as entirely random as those football games we get in the summer.