• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Allow players to choose town halls of different eras up to the current age Town hall

DeletedUser109385

IA houses and units will be so lacking you'll go nowhere having them;
Wrong, with IA units I manage to get GE level 2 and some level 3 done(I can't do all of it due to lack of time) and Iron Age buildings in EMA are still powerful especially cottages and villas, in some cases I even manage to kill HMA or even LMA units(for LMA is really rare) using IA units.
Don't believe me? I got screenshots showing IA units killing HMA units and I even have BA units killing HMA units!

DeletedUser110195

Well of course a swarm of fast units can kill an archer, you throw all 8 on one thing that's only an age or three above sure it'll kill it. I occasionally lose an archer to a guy running an odd mix of BA-IA-EMA units, but only ever one. Unless you've got 20 or so levels on all the attack bonus GBs I just don't see you beating an army 2 ages above you unless it's all one thing and you can throw 8 of its hard counter at them.

DeletedUser110195

You think so? :D
View attachment 12077
I fought with 8 units vs 8 units much more advanced than me and didn't lose a single archer of mine!
All ranged vs all heavies, the exact scenario I was talking about. Do that with a balanced mix of units vs a balanced mix of units or a 3-3-2 mix and then I'll be impressed.

DeletedUser109385

All ranged vs all heavies, the exact scenario I was talking about. Do that with a balanced mix of units vs a balanced mix of units or a 3-3-2 mix and then I'll be impressed.
I think you should be impressed, is not actually easy to keep all your archers alive when fighting 2 ages above you, how about you try and fight against 8 heavies of HMA using 8 archers of IA? I will love to see you try
And do you mean something like 8 archers vs 2 heavies, 2 berskerkers and 4 rogues? Is that what will make you impressed?

DeletedUser110433

This idea thread has brought up a question I had the other day.....spotted a guy on a new world I'm playing who was bronze age, but had an iron age premium building. How?
The same way i got them. It was the only time i spend money on this game and that was a 3 Euros. In BA you can buy premium package from IA ! That was a major boost, plus i liked old style of Tailor. Perhaps i would of bought another package IF i got premiums from next age much latter in the game, but with well balanced city buying premium buildings of your own age does not make much difference in economics, thus it`s not worth it.

DeletedUser108842

I find the idea ok so I vote +1. It doesn't really improve the gameplay a great deal but it's something that people don't have a reason to say "NO" to. To be realistic they won't do it cuz there are more important things to fix or implement but I support this one anyway.
P.S. I would also suggest people should choose if their town hall should give supplies or coins but I think I would make another topic fo` dat.

DeletedUser109268

Unnecessary change.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109385

I advice you to have an ADHD test kid...looks like you have a serious behavior problem.
I suggest you go and take that test and you behave more like a kid than me, you have some serious laughing problems, laughing when is not necessary but you can keep on laughing if you want, you are just going to prove that your point goes against you.
Your ideas in past been a bit rubbish and it's getting worse:D
Another ignorant joining my ignore list, oh I forgot you limit of who can visit your profile, allow me to see your profile so I can ignore you:D
Why do you even limit who can see your profile? Do you have anything to hide?
You haven't even seen half of my ideas, more than 2 of my ideas have been getting lots of support so I am not stupid if you think I am. Go and suggest an idea yourself Mr Know it all, you will definitely not have a positive feedback from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 to a simple idea.

The player's current age/era should appear below the town's name, anyway. How is anyone supposed to know the age of a town hall by sight unless they've been to that age?

However, do not rely on mouse-over too much. Those of us using mobile devices don't have a mouse pointer and software developers are generally guite lax in implementing a tap to bring up the same information.

In any event if you are in TE with TE barracks, goods, coin & supply buildings - it will look pretty weird with an iron age town hall...
Not in many towns in Europe, it wouldn't! (Admittedly, such ,buildings are often no longer the town hall but they are still around, surrounded by concrete office blocks.)

DeletedUser110195

The player's current age/era should appear below the town's name, anyway. How is anyone supposed to know the age of a town hall by sight unless they've been to that age?
Mouse over it, or tap it, and you see the buildings age. This includes the town hall.

And once again the inferiority of the mobile version rears it's ugly head. A browser player can mouse over a building and see its age, this includes the town hall.
An app player can tap on the town hall to tell, which is the closest equivalent of mouse-over. I was responding to the sentiment that you currently only have to look at a town hall to know, which is a learning curve, not the obvious point some posters think it is.

DeletedUser110195

An app player can tap on the town hall to tell, which is the closest equivalent of mouse-over. I was responding to the sentiment that you currently only have to look at a town hall to know, which is a learning curve, not the obvious point some posters think it is.
I'd been informed, just after posting that, that app players can indeed tap buildings to find out and edited it accordingly. Not sure if I read over whoever erroneously posted the thought that you should be able to know a buildings age by sight, the only ones I could ID by sight before having them myself are ones I've moused over while visiting, or oceanic future buildings, which are very distinct and new.

Still, the town hall being of the players current age is important for knowing the latest age buildings to look for when manually polivating.