• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Allow players to choose town halls of different eras up to the current age Town hall

DeletedUser109385

Proposal:
Simply allow players to choose Town Halls of different eras, they may choose town halls of different era from the age they are currently in to town hall ages that are below their current age.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? I proposed a very similar idea Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Kind of this time without the supply benefit

Reason:
Since all buildings(Except event ones) can be built even if it belongs to a very low age to the one you are currently in, (E.g EMA Inn in Progressive era) I don't see why we can't do the same with Town Halls. It will allow the players to have more options to edit their cities the way they like. For example someone might like a EMA Town Hall more than their current Industrial Age town hall in their city.

Details:
Not much, there will simply be a bar in the menu where it allows you to select Town Halls of different eras up until the Town Hall of the era you are currently in.
To determine the real age in which the player is in there will be a small tag in the corner of the screen when you visit their cities showing the age they are actually in, also if you hover the mouse over the Town Hall it will display the real age in which the player is in.

Visual Aids:

Summary:
Before anyone yells out the old "Ugh they need to fix lag first before this so -1 blah blah...." or "This is a waste of time blah blah...."(Which I can guess it will be the same people) let me remind you that this is improving the game, it is improving the game in a visual way to make the player more satisfied with the way their city looks to them, and about the lag issue go mention it in the Bugs section, other ideas are not the culprits for the slow down for devs into giving your lag issue fixed, if you want to say how important it is; go yell about it in the Bugs section. This section is for proposing and voting on ideas so just vote on the idea instead of making a big fuss about how important the lag issue needs to addressed, just vote on the idea.

DeletedUser110433

I don`agree and here is why:
Town Hall is quickest way to find out the era of town owner. Will not go in to details why it is needed to know the era, but it comes in handy.
My vote: -1

DeletedUser

i dont agree, you should be proud of you city and show it of lol
and like krabis its good to know
My vote~-1

DeletedUser720

-1 because of what people said earlier and waste of time for the devs

DeletedUser109385

I would probably only want to change the town hall at the end of the game, when I want to slow right down.
LMA & HMA are probably my favourites...with the Gothic styles

They have Reno & 1-up, If they do a downgrade kit - that could do it ???
A kit that can downgrade a town hall? Nice idea actually but pretty sure it will be the same as just changing your town hall below the age. My favourite is the Iron Age town hall with its artistic views!
you should be proud of you city and show it of lol
Iron Age town hall simply fits nicely with my city, EMA town hall is just dull and boring and looks like the odd building in my city.

DeletedUser109385

It would actually be easier to find out what age the player you are visiting was in by just reading the tag in the screen which will be right in front of your eyes, For town hall you would need navigate through the city to find it and this can be frustrating if the player's city is very big. So really the tag is the quickest way to find out in which age the player is in.
If you still disagree with no good reason then it shows the luck of understanding some people in here voting have, not going to mention the names.

Calydor

Private
I'm sorry, but my OWN enjoyment of what my city looks like will always trump the ease of someone else to tell what era I'm in. I look at the town all day, my neighbors AT BEST see it for ten seconds every now and then.

Andrew420

Major
It would actually be easier to find out what age the player you are visiting was in by just reading the tag in the screen which will be right in front of your eyes,
The only city that has the age of the city right in front of your eyes is your own
Everyone else city has the name of their city in that spot

DeletedUser108047

-1 if all it is is a visual change of the town hall. If the aesthetic is that important stay in the relevant age and focus on building up your GBs.

In any event if you are in TE with TE barracks, goods, coin & supply buildings - it will look pretty weird with an iron age town hall...

DeletedUser110168

Thought I already voted here, guess not.

Neutral.

Honestly I wouldn't use it but I couldn't care less about people changing their THs, the only thing I care about when looking at people's towns is gb levels and whether I can make a profit xD

DeletedUser109385

In any event if you are in TE with TE barracks, goods, coin & supply buildings - it will look pretty weird with an iron age town hall...
It would also look quite weird if I had Iron Age houses, Iron Age barracks ect....with a Late Middle Ages Town Hall

DeletedUser110195

It would also look quite weird if I had Iron Age houses, Iron Age barracks ect....with a Late Middle Ages Town Hall
Yes, it would look like you're wasting space on very out of date buildings. What WOULD be weird is seeing it the other way around. If you like iron age buildings that much, start on a new world and just never leave IA there. Not at all sure what purpose to have this that can't be achieved by leaving a city in IA...those buildings will just make you stagnate. 0_o

This idea thread has brought up a question I had the other day.....spotted a guy on a new world I'm playing who was bronze age, but had an iron age premium building. How?

DeletedUser109385

Not at all sure what purpose to have this that can't be achieved by leaving a city in IA.
You will need to advance in terms of ages to complete main quests so just staying in IA isn't a solution, these quests accumulate overtime which is annoying if you stay in one age.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser110195

You will need to advance in terms of ages to complete main quests so just staying in IA isn't a solution, these quests accumulate overtime which is annoying.
You left out the important part of that sentence; those buildings will make you stagnate. If you are far enough through even EMA to have their upgrades, IA houses and units will be so lacking you'll go nowhere having them; if you actually are into LMA and you've got IA buildings sucking up space, my question then is....why? Apart from the odd premium building and your goods buildings, that shouldn't be a majority of your city.