• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Allow players to choose town halls of different eras up to the current age Town hall

DeletedUser16126

-1 the townhall is the best indicator in which era a player is.
Some people have buildings of all kind of eras, so it's hard to know which era the player really is. The townhall is the the only real objective parameter

-1 the townhall is the best indicator in which era a player is.
Some people have buildings of all kind of eras, so it's hard to know which era the player really is. The townhall is the the only real objective parameter
A label, say under the town name, would make it even clearer. With such a label to rely on, the town hall could be any age.

DeletedUser653

no way, horried impact on new players, great for me but unfair on newer players so a big

DeletedUser103370

no way, horried impact on new players, great for me but unfair on newer players so a big

I'm not saying @HRC that you didn't read the comments, but I think you didn't read the comments.

On the contrary. New players have absolutely no clue which buildings represent which age, to address that - as we've mentioned earlier -, a simple label would suffice under the towns name for example. Not to mention, that in normal circumstances a new player only see people from stone, maybe bronze and iron... Choosing the look of the town-hall would only be a gesture from the devs.

Hell, it could be even done, so that you would see the town-hall of your choice, but others who visit you would see your current one.
I'd even support the idea to be able to choose different look for all the buildings you could possibly change, so that you could see the original city, or switch to the customized one. People love bragging, and to feel unique.
There are a lot of options, think creative.

These are just visuals, nothing more, easily changeable, doesn't require a lot of coding, doesn't need to change any mechanics, doesn't increase lag or loading times, should I continue? :) And if it'd make people happy, then the only question remaining is why not?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser653

Proposal:
Simply allow players to choose Town Halls of different eras, they may choose town halls of different era from the age they are currently in to town hall ages that are below their current age.

I did read the proposal and having read it again i still think its a bad idea.
EDIT: Plus this would allow a player to keep repeating IA quests while actually advancing and we all know how how much that really helps a player to advance 3 times faster then anyone else.

DeletedUser110195

EDIT: Plus this would allow a player to keep repeating IA quests while actually advancing and we all know how how much that really helps a player to advance 3 times faster
Wait, how would the town hall being IA allow that player to do quests as if they were in IA when they are not? I still think this idea isn't good, but it's just a cosmetic change being proposed as I understand it.

DeletedUser103370

Wait, how would the town hall being IA allow that player to do quests as if they were in IA when they are not? I still think this idea isn't good, but it's just a cosmetic change being proposed as I understand it.

It wouldn't, as you said the proposal is merely about a cosmetic change.

DeletedUser653

Just a cosmetic change !!!!!! really even worse as it adds nothing to the game Massive -1 now