• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Add an option to create "Neighbourhood only" trades

• Thread starter DeletedUser5026
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser5026

Proposal: Add an option to create "Neighbourhood only" trades

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?: Yes, there is a thread (click here) related to this suggestion in the Feedback section, but no formal presentation of the idea has been proposed.

Reason: So that profitable trades can be created to target neighbours only, and leave guild members with a cleaner trade board

Details: Some people, such as myself, would like to create trades with profit in mind. Of course, since that wouldn't be fair in most guilds (I believe; correct me if any guild leader thinks otherwise), these profit-driven trades are targeted at neighbours. At present, there are only two options: "Guild only" or "All". Unfortunately, after creating profitable trades, some guild members start to protest about the fairnest of such trades, etc. Of course, this can easily be solved by sending out a mass message about those trades, informing all guild members of the intentions, and asking them to avoid taking those trades. However, this just serves to clog up the already fairly primitive messaging system, and not everyone reads guild mail. Also, since guild members won't accept those profitable trades, they sit there, clogging up the trade board, and hinders those trades which are not-for-profit.

Visual Aids: Not very good at this, use your imagination, or perhaps someone can help?

Balance: I don't see any balancing issues.

Abuse Prevention: I don't see any possibility for abuse.

Summary: As already mentioned above, add an option to create "Neighbourhood only" trades.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Something along these lines WOULD be very handy for a very active trading Guild. However, one possible (and possibly easy?) alternative to this, is to make the "Guild only" option when POSTING trades actually work, so that when folks DON'T tick that box, when you sort by Guild trade in the trade screen, it shows only "Guild Only" trades?

Either way... a way of removing the potential clutter of "profitable" vs "Guild-friendly" trading would be VERY handy.

DeletedUser

However, one possible (and possibly easy?) alternative to this, is to make the "Guild only" option when POSTING trades actually work, so that when folks DON'T tick that box, when you sort by Guild trade in the trade screen, it shows only "Guild Only" trades?

Either way... a way of removing the potential clutter of "profitable" vs "Guild-friendly" trading would be VERY handy.

+1 to bobdabuilda's alternative. The Guild only filter should only show the trades members have marked as "Guild Only". My own guild allows members to profit on the open market but not from other guild members. This would allow Guild admins to regulate guild trades and give members the opportunity to filter out the "clutter" they have to sort through to find fair trades.

DeletedUser7719

+1 for any one of those ideas. Also, I think we need "friends only" trade too

DeletedUser

fantastic idea ! I personally trade within my guild a lot and its very busy - much time is wasted checking through pages of 'for profit' posts that are not intended for guild mates - it would be very beneficial to have the option to hide these away

DeletedUser

Lazy me quoting myself from the linked thread ;)
"What I would like to see is a neighbourhood only-checkbox just like the guild one. Because sometimes it's handy to be able to post trades that are available for both if what you need is a rarer good. But I can see the benefits of being able to trade outside the guild in a more profit-seeking way than one is allowed in the guild.
So, a box ticked restricts the trade to either guild or neighbourhood, no box ticked enables everyone to see it."

Definitely something I would love to have.

DeletedUser

I have no objection to a neighbourhood only check box but it is just as important to stop trades showing as guild trades when NO check box is used.(I'm assuming you would still be able to leave a trade unchecked as one or the other) So that the guild only filter refers only too trades check boxed as guild only. Otherwise the guild market will still be cluttered with offers from members that can appear on both markets.

DeletedUser

@wizard
I don't think there is any harm for letting the no checkbox trades show up in guild trade menu:
If people want to make a profit, they can post their trade as "neighbourhood only", and "free for all" trades would still have to be done within the guild rules. This would not be clutter but actual useful trades. So I dont see any reason why they should not be shown, since they are from guild members and they are within the guild rules. Doesn't make a difference if it is also available for his/her neighbours does it?

Why it is beneficial to show these in the guild only menu: If you need a rare good it is nice for it to be available for both guildmembers and neighbours in hopes of getting a trade fast. I don't think many would bother to go through the guild trade menu first, and then check all trades (including neighbourhood and game merchants) to see if anyone has "free for all" trades up. Another option would be to make this yet another tickbox (view trades posted by guildies available to everyone) but I think that would make it too complicated and again people might not check it that often.

DeletedUser

@ Mutzena
Anything showing as a Guild only trade should conform to guild rules. I very rarely have to trade outside my Guild and if I do it is a simple matter to uncheck "guild only" to see what is on the open market. However guild admins do need to know if one guild member is trying to profit from another if this is against guild rules (which in most guilds it is). This would be easier than chasing every member who has "forgotten" to check a "for profit" trade as neighbourhood only.

DeletedUser

So, let's say i have an excess of goods from different ages and i would like to put them in the market and get a small profit. After all, better than letting them sitting in the warehouse. It will cost me some time, but if i make a profit it's not wasted.

Now, the whole trade system works between neighbors and between guild members. And the majority agrees that it's morally correct to make profit by trading with neighbors and fair trade with guild members.

1- Only those who need a good will post a fair trade waiting for a guild member +neighbor to accept.

2- Only those who want to make a profit will post a profit trade for neighbor.

3- Only when one is not in a hurry and/or trading rare goods will post a trade for guild only

Here is where this idea doesn't solve much. (see point #2)

I know a few (including myself) who post "profit" trades and to my surprise 60-70% of them are accepted by my guild. At first i felt a bit uncomfortable to have made some profit from my guild member and i told everyone in my guild that they should just drop me a message and i will remove the good from the market and create it for them only on a fair ratio.
It never happened. They were all happy to be able to find the trade the second the want it and didn't mind the small profit i had made.Too lazy to message and wait for the cheap cost of 5 goods.
(we are talking about 20 brick for 25 salt or similar)
And it works this way in many guilds and worlds.

I would not use the "neighborhood only" option because it will not let my guild members (who are happy to have them) see them.
I still prefer to have them posted as "open trades"

But in the thread i made in the feedback section, i was proposing to have the filter improved. I believe open trades are much more used than guild only trades and (if it is implemented) neighbor trades.
Introducing Neighbor trades will not be used much (for the reason i explained above). Open trades will always be used a lot and contribute to the 20+ pages of trade we see.

What i would like to be able to, is to "turn off" open trades of my guild members so i can see only the "guild only" trades.

DeletedUser

What i would like to be able to, is to "turn off" open trades of my guild members so i can see only the "guild only" trades.
Exactly what I've been saying through this thread Guild only filter should mean trades marked "Guild only" and NOT include trades posted on the open market by guild members. That way it doesn't matter what an individual guilds rules are on trading, Guild admins will know what is being posted as guild only to their members, and will be able to determine if the trades conform to guild rules whatever those rules may be.

DeletedUser1094

Thanks klevito & Lone Ranger, for this proposal and discussion...

Yes, I totally agree to the need of a way, to filter out the other guild-members neighbourhood-trades.

+1 from me...

DeletedUser

If we have neighborhood only trades, we should have guild members to have an option to view them if they want

DeletedUser

Why neighborhood only and not neighborhood and friends only. My neighborhood is pretty useless for trades as I am getting too far ahead of most of my neighbors. But I have made friends with some players who may be interested in trades that do not confirm to my guild's guidelines.

In addition, I would surely like to put trades on the market to search for goods that are rare in my Guild but that do not follow Guild trade rules.

So I am saying its a great idea if you say 'Guild only' or 'All except Guild' when you post your trade. Guildies can see your trade if they search the 'all except Guild' area.

DeletedUser6461

+1 from me.

Also, there should be the an option to see all the guild members trades in the market which are only meant for the Guild (not for neighbors or friends).

this will help the guild members to reject those trades which actually meant for the so called "Profit".

DeletedUser

+1 from me.

Also, there should be the an option to see all the guild members trades in the market which are only meant for the Guild (not for neighbors or friends).

this will help the guild members to reject those trades which actually meant for the so called "Profit".

Agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.