• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: Add an option to create "Neighbourhood only" trades

• Thread starter DeletedUser5026
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9759

I would like to second or third or what ever ALL this ideas.

In short MORE control over trade! I would also love to see free trade with friends.

DeletedUser11626

@ Mutzena
Anything showing as a Guild only trade should conform to guild rules. I very rarely have to trade outside my Guild and if I do it is a simple matter to uncheck "guild only" to see what is on the open market. However guild admins do need to know if one guild member is trying to profit from another if this is against guild rules (which in most guilds it is). This would be easier than chasing every member who has "forgotten" to check a "for profit" trade as neighbourhood only.

@ wizard1001
Don't forget that if the guild's rules forbid trading outside the guild then the player posting the neighborhood only is already risking his removal from the guild.
But at least this way a gambling option is introduced into the game: profit or a cozy guild.

DeletedUser

@ jegesmu, If a guild member posts a fair trade it is pointless to forbid guild members to trade outside the guild as guild admins have no way of telling trades apart, that is the fundamental problem.
In the early days of this thread my guild allowed members to trade for profit on the open market. The number of unfair trades and the number of complaints about those trades when "Guild Only" is selected became unbearable. Therefore Sadly we were forced to restrict ALL trades to fair ratio's. Although we encourage members to trade within the guild we allow trading outside guild, as I said its pointless to do otherwise. We want to let our members trade for profit but can't do so until those trades stop showing in the Guild Only market because they were posted by guild members but were never intended for guild members.

DeletedUser

Basically this the same idea as this. Which was already "upgraded" to the great ideas section.

DeletedUser15314

Any system that would allow guild members to post profit making trades to their neighborhood only would get my vote. I don't trade for a profit myself, but I do understand that some players want to. So come on Innogames ... Please get this sorted out!

DeletedUser100639

Since it’s not included in the next update (1.22), and might not even be “on the way” yet, I’ll try to stir things up again here.
All points I make are made earlier (and probably better ;-).

I applaud any change that will make it possible to filter out offers with ‘commercial rates’ for guild members.
If you can only see which offers are just meant for the guild, without any filter, it will still be a lot of work to tell them apart. That ‘work’ is the main reason that a lot of guilds demand the use of fixed exchange rates from their members.
Solving this will increase trade dynamics enormously.

I would prefer it when the adressed issue would be resolved by making it possible to put an offer on the market only for players that are not in the guild. The same way you can now put up an offer only for guild members. The offer would be for your neigbourhood ánd friends as long as they are not part of your guild.
When you put an offer on the market you’d have three options: check the box ‘Guild Only’, check the box ‘Non-Guild Only’, check nothing and make it an offer for all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13805

this is one of the many reasons i dont belong to a guild anymore. as i will not be told what i can trade and for how much by anyone and in my time i have had a few run ins with power mad leaders over this
for example
in one world i am trading at 1:1 ratio ind age goods and pe age goods for mod era goods and with gvg and the shortage of goods i am making a killing just today i had 5 trades taken of 50 : 50 so i just made 250 mod era goods for just ind age goods

so what is wrong with that ? its me making a profit big time and should be ok to do that but not if your in a guild that trys to ban you from doing so
maybe guilds should have a look at themselves and just take the laid back attitude of anything goes ? instead of trying to force there rates on players ?

DeletedUser

bump

+1 please - Neighbourhood only trades please
so I can have a peaceful life not being complained at by the minority of players that feel the injustice of having to click past my "unfair" trades that are meant for players that do nothing to help me in my neighbourhood (do not mot/pol, plunder or just totally ignore the request to not polish) why would I want to trade fairly with these people??

DeletedUser2989

+1 to the options of creating neighbourhood only and friend only trades :) By all means keep the default as "to all" but give the options to direct trades to the 3 different groups (guild, neighbourhood and friends).

DeletedUser99588

+1 to the options of creating neighbourhood only and friend only trades By all means keep the default as "to all" but give the options to direct trades to the 3 different groups (guild, neighbourhood and friends).

+1 This has been needed for a long time and like many things in the game that could benefit from filters I don't understand why they haven't been implemented. The code already exists just need to add another option a bit like what is required for unattached troops.

Andrew420

Major
This thread is 2 yrs old and if I'm not mistaken there is a box in trade window to list just the neighborhood trades

Last edited:

DeletedUser2989

This thread is 2 yrs old and if I'm not mistaken there is a box in trade window to list just the neighborhood trades

This idea is not just to add the filters but to add the option of putting up trades your guild can't take. As it stands all you can do is put up trades exculsive to the guild or to all. You can filter out the trades your guild/neighbourhood put up but if you want to put up "unfair" trades to your neighbourhood anyone else in your guild still has those trades show up in their screen (even though you don't want your guild to take them) even if they use the guild filter (because it shows you all trades from your guild not just the guild only created ones).This idea would let you select "neighbourhood only" when you create the trade and only people in your neighbourhood would be able to see them (thus allowing you to create tons of unfair trades and your guild doesn't have to suffer sorting through all the unfair trades to find the trades meant for the guild).

DeletedUser14782

This idea is not just to add the filters but to add the option of putting up trades your guild can't take. As it stands all you can do is put up trades exculsive to the guild or to all. You can filter out the trades your guild/neighbourhood put up but if you want to put up "unfair" trades to your neighbourhood anyone else in your guild still has those trades show up in their screen (even though you don't want your guild to take them) even if they use the guild filter (because it shows you all trades from your guild not just the guild only created ones).This idea would let you select "neighbourhood only" when you create the trade and only people in your neighbourhood would be able to see them (thus allowing you to create tons of unfair trades and your guild doesn't have to suffer sorting through all the unfair trades to find the trades meant for the guild).

I totally agree with you Tankovy.

DeletedUser

an alternative or addition would be extra guild administration option to filter the trade lists, basically this guild only allows fair trade.
from what I've seen the math is straight forward
the tier of the goods as a binary (1,2,4,8,...) multiplied by the quantity and if the value being received is greater than the amount given it is unfair and hence filtered.
a simple on/off and in the admin screen could filter it all out..... end of problem :-)
the players could then have a see all filter that they would have to activate to see the unfair trades which too could be blocked depending how strict the guild is

DeletedUser1081

from what I've seen the math is straight forward
the tier of the goods as a binary (1,2,4,8,...)

After the LMA the ratios for trading between ages cease to be simple 2:1. Which doesn't mean it couldn't be programmed, but it's worth pointing out because a lot of players seem not to notice the change.

DeletedUser100639

Update 1.34 is almost there, and still no possibility to open up the markets with non-guild offers :(

Status
Not open for further replies.