• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

A Proposal for an Alternate City View (2D vs 3D)

DeletedUser110621

My huge buildings obscure my views of streets, roads, empty spaces tucked between buildings, and little buildings or decorations near them. In the present Winter Scenario, occasional fallen trees or roadblocks appear on streets -- and I can't see them unless I frequently move every building to get a view of what is behind it.

I propose a new icon that allows the player to switch between the existing 3D view and a new 2D view (from directly above -- like a street map). All you need to do is colour-code the types of buildings in this 2D view:

* Dwellings -- pink
* Factories -- purple
* Military Camps -- red
* Cultural Buildings -- yellow
* Decorations -- green
* Great Buildings -- grey
* Streets & Roads -- black
* Empty Squares -- white

Now you can show those added items as "X" marks, for example.

This 2D view also allows the player to have a clearer view of the city when making plans for changing the city because of new conditions (i.e. the adjustments needed for two lane roads or to accommodate dwellings or factories that require ever larger spaces).

Thanks.

DeletedUser110195

It's a birds-eye view of the city which is 3-D, the problem is you can't rotate the city to an angle where you could see past that giant building blocking your view of a section of road. For unrelated reasons, they will never do this. They've stated they will never allow us to rotate buildings for placement because it would 'ruin the challenge' and by this they mean 'cost us money to have all the buildings drawn 4 times'. If they were willing to have all 4 sides of a thing drawn so you could rotate your city, they'd have let us rotate the buildings themselves.

Agent327

Overlord
It's a birds-eye view of the city which is 3-D, the problem is you can't rotate the city to an angle where you could see past that giant building blocking your view of a section of road. For unrelated reasons, they will never do this. They've stated they will never allow us to rotate buildings for placement because it would 'ruin the challenge' and by this they mean 'cost us money to have all the buildings drawn 4 times'. If they were willing to have all 4 sides of a thing drawn so you could rotate your city, they'd have let us rotate the buildings themselves.

They have stated that you can not rotate buildings simply because they are flat.

Galladhorn

Monarch
(-1)

.....but here is a your alternate solution/suggestion taken directly from http://foemanager.com/city-planner/app/

This city planner has two view modes, one being normal like you see in the game and the other being a "Blue/Foot-Print Flat View" as here:

FoE_Cityplanner_Alt_View_v01.jpg

DeletedUser105579

I see no point in a -1 for something that would be quite simple for the devs to do. +1. Yes, it exists elsewhere, which is a problem; the game should be self-containing. As to the previous being archived, it died then; it may not die now.