• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

A nice Friday evening rant...

DeletedUser

It's not an opinion. You can forge an empire, but you can't forge of empire.

DeletedUser13082

The game isn't called forge an empire so that's irrelevant. That would be the same as saying, if the game was called forging of empires, you can't forging of empires, the meaning would still remain the same. As I've already said, it can be interpreted in different ways. I'm not saying one is right or one is wrong, I'm saying none are wrong as it's based on the personal opinion/interpretation of the person in question.

Won't be posting on the subject any further as I really can't be bothered to say the same thing over and over.

DeletedUser100956

Again, if we could discuss the main issues raised in this thread about GvG and the extortionate GB levelling scam we might entice a developer out of hiding to comment. Ultimately, that's what the post is about. Interaction from Inno about certain parts of the game that have become boring and rediculous. Every reply is a help, even if we don't agree, that's life. But, enough replies and we might get some discussion from Inno about the points in the thread. :)

DeletedUser99445

I don't think it works that way but I love that you are still optimistic and hope that a developer will read these posts and do something.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99445

Sorry babe, but I just don't believe that at all. Not in this game forum.

Andrew420

Major
Of is a preposition
A preposition indicates a location or some other relationship between a noun or pronoun and other parts of sentence and is before said noun or pronoun
But preps have some strange rules
Certain ones follow verbs such as for, from, in, of, on, to, with, but usually verb ending in ing
Anyways since we are talking about a title and not a sentence those rules don't apply so you can apply any def. of forge you want
Its another of a long line of unexplained parts of this game
At least this one doesn't affect game play

DeletedUser2989

That is not what forge means. It means a furnace or workshop where metals are heated and wrought. What did you think was in the game logo? So, Forge of Empires literally means a workshop where empires are built.

Just going back to this comment, if Forge of Empires does only mean "a workshop where empires are built" then surely that implies that players taking part in the game are working in the workshop. These "workers" are then making empires but an empire can come in many different shapes and sizes. Some of the workers may be making an empire on their own (players building up their towns solo, well as solo as possible) or they might be working together, each making a piece of a larger empire (players coming together to form a guild). Depending on the size of the workshop (which theoretically each world is 1 workshop) you might even have people break up into teams (guilds) to work on pieces of a grand empire (alliances).

So I'd say that yes the name can imply that people will form alliances but it is not exculsive to that as it can also imply that people are just building up their own towns or that they only go as far as forming guilds. Thus if they take actions to reduce alliances it is not going against what the name of the game might mean (thus the name is not a lie). At the same time the name is still open to interpretation and doesn't mean just one thing.

Thanks for getting the thread back on track ;)

My original post was not taking issue with demolishing guilds but rather the lack of being able to help other guilds who are at the mercy of demolishing guilds. Granted the fight against a demolishing guild is hard, but guilds joining together to defend would have made it harder, its easier to replace defending armies if a lot of you can do it. Yes you can still have alliances but they are meaningless if the only way you can help each is by dividing up sectors and a simple NAP would suffice. Before the 7-day guild lock, guilds interacted with each other a lot more than now. Hunting for BPs is another advantage of alliances. There might not be many complaints about the lack of BPs is we had more avenues in which to search for them. Trading is another part of alliances that suffered too, which now comes at a price. The 7-day guild lock is an act of weeding out alliances and drying up the interaction between them.

I like how optimistic you are about how well an alliance of guilds can fight against Demo guilds :) . However what you have described (NAP's, trades at a cost and division/organisation of sectors) is still an alliance, a less effective one than before but it is still an alliance. So I pose the question, were alliances too effective before and are they now more balanced? Lets face it if you have set up to only trade amongst a set of guilds (at fair rates), organised NAP's and are coordinating who gets where on the GvG map then you still have an advantage over a guild that has trouble making "allies".

As for the "GB leveling scam" I still don't have anything more to add past my post #14. Can't help the discussion there :(

DeletedUser99445

Alliances of guilds was another deciding factor in my forming a Demolition Guild.

DeletedUser96867

Not that i care at all about this discussion for the name of the game and the use of nouns vs verbs, but perhaps this is the very sort of discussion we need to get a developer to show up in the forum. The last time(about the only time) i've seen Anwar post in the a game forum it was to a discussion about the name of the last event being called soccer rather than the more commonly worldwide football. Of course all our other important concerns about the game were left unanswered.

DeletedUser100956

Five days now since the issues were raised for discussion and still no reply from any developer or Inno representative. Don't you love feeling like a valued customer! :confused:

DeletedUser13082

Five days now since the issues were raised for discussion and still no reply from any developer or Inno representative. Don't you love feeling like a valued customer! :confused:

If you really expected a dev to come and comment in here then you must be pretty new to the forums. It's very rare that devs even log on to the forums, never mind post on them. Look through all the threads, rant threads, complaint threads, vote threads, petition threads and so on. Not sure why you thought this one would be any different. I've seen threads generate a lot more discussion and complaints than this one, created some myself even, never seen a dev post in them though.

DeletedUser99588

'we seek them here, we seek them there, we seek those elusive devs everywhere'

DeletedUser100956

If you really expected a dev to come and comment in here then you must be pretty new to the forums. It's very rare that devs even log on to the forums, never mind post on them. Look through all the threads, rant threads, complaint threads, vote threads, petition threads and so on. Not sure why you thought this one would be any different. I've seen threads generate a lot more discussion and complaints than this one, created some myself even, never seen a dev post in them though.

You're right... what is the point in having a forum if discussions never lead to changes. The whole debacle has been like watching an episode of Loose Women!

DeletedUser13082

You're right... what is the point in having a forum if discussions never lead to changes. The whole debacle has been like watching an episode of Loose Women!

Some changes do happen due to things that are brought to light on the forums. Especially now, with Tracey being here, as things actually get passed on to the devs and we're kept in the loop as to what is going on, where as before, that never happened. There's still a lot of improvement needed though. When it comes to devs posting on the forums, I doubt that will ever change.

DeletedUser99445

Perhaps they feel out of their depths in this thread. It is still the English grammar, Noun v Verb thread?
Can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't post here :))

DeletedUser

Especially now, with Tracey being here, as things actually get passed on to the devs and we're kept in the loop as to what is going on, where as before, that never happened.

That's Tracey's job and she does it very well. :D

DeletedUser13082

Perhaps they feel out of their depths in this thread. It is still the English grammar, Noun v Verb thread?
Can't think of any other reason why they wouldn't post here :))

Same reason they don't post in any other threads, they don't care :p