• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.21 update - discussion

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser6065

. . . BUT we really need to see who in the guild is donating and how much so we can see if its the same few players carrying the rest or if widespread contributions are being made

Nope. This will cause way too much friction w/in the guilds. This one needs a quick death . . . mk

DeletedUser96867

Nope. This will cause way too much friction w/in the guilds. This one needs a quick death . . . mk

I strongly disagree with you Mk. The players contributing goods to the gvg effort deserve the recognition for their contribution to the gvg effort. They promoted gvg for a long time as being a feature in which all players fighters and non fighters would have valuable parts. Fighters at least get pvp points and due to the communication involved in attacking are far easier to figure out who is taking part. If such a feature was add i feel more players would feel a reason to help and continue to help on the goods side.

I already have a good idea about 20% of the guild which is taking part in gvg, and another 60% who are not. It's the 20% i'm not sure about whom i'd love to send a thankyou message too if i could see that they were helping out

It's the lack of information which causes the most friction as it's assumptions being made, and often incorrect ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Have to agree. Being able to see who actively donates/fights would be wonderful. Who cares about the friction? Since overall points no long matter in the guild rankings I could care less if some 12 million point player gets mad because he/she got called out for not donating/fighting. Good riddance if they leave. If you're in an very active GvG guild there isn't room for players that don't participate in it. They could be gotten rid of for someone that donates or fights a lot. Perhaps an addition like this would motivate those players that don't help out, to do so so they aren't called out for it. Also, if it were to be shown who does/does not contribute guilds could adjust their rosters accordingly. Right now it is just a guess. You can ask everyone to post what they donate, but half the people won't post or don't read the messages to begin with.

This is just another in a long line of additions to GvG that NEEDS to be added. I know it's still basically just a shell of what it's supposed to be, but one would have hoped for a little more development before implementation.

DeletedUser

seeing who pollivates or doesn't causes friction too. This is just another way of seeing who contributes to the guild. Why should everyone else carry their dead weight when others are available to help?

DeletedUser

all things come in time. As the game is getting released one major release at a time changes are bound to happen.

The problem is though that we are still waiting for the most important changes - The need to see who is donating to the Treasury, who is fighting, who is laying a siege etc. If we ever do get that information I strongly suspect it will be too late. It looks like in a few weeks time GvsG will be completely stagnant with guilds just hanging on to what they have and not attacking each other as the costs are prohibitive. By that time the value of the information that we are asking for will clearly have diminished.

DeletedUser96867

If we ever do get that information I strongly suspect it will be too late. It looks like in a few weeks time GvsG will be completely stagnant with guilds just hanging on to what they have and not attacking each other as the costs are prohibitive. By that time the value of the information that we are asking for will clearly have diminished.

I did a count a couple days ago on EN6. I looked at all the ages in gvg and there were a total of 6 guild held sectors which were under siege. Of those 6, 4 were landing zone sectors. The only 2 non landing zone guild held sectors being sieged were both in Iron Age. It's already becoming clear that guild wars will have very little war between guilds, not a shock as this we clear in testing months ago.

DeletedUser13082

I did a count a couple days on EN6. I looked at all the ages in gvg and there were a total of 6 guild held sectors which were under siege. Of those 6, 4 were landing zone sectors. The only 2 non landing zone guild held sectors being sieged were both in Iron Age. It's already becoming clear that guild wars will have very little war between guilds, not a shock as this we clear in testing months ago.

agreed, the goods costs will be far too high. It will take a guild weeks to gather enough goods to be able to put a siege on an enemy guild sector and also have enough goods for a second siege (possibly a third) if the previous siege(s) are not successful. This means that once all sectors are taken by guilds and fully defended it will be once every few weeks that there is a change in ownership of sectors and therefore guild ranks will simply sit as they are and very rarely change. Goods costs needs to be capped. 500 of each good for a siege is more than enough to keep the pace down but keep the ability up.

DeletedUser1081

agreed, the goods costs will be far too high. It will take a guild weeks to gather enough goods to be able to put a siege on an enemy guild sector and also have enough goods for a second siege (possibly a third) if the previous siege(s) are not successful. This means that once all sectors are taken by guilds and fully defended it will be once every few weeks that there is a change in ownership of sectors and therefore guild ranks will simply sit as they are and very rarely change. Goods costs needs to be capped. 500 of each good for a siege is more than enough to keep the pace down but keep the ability up.

I imagine the current siege costs were specifically, deliberately aimed at wiping out the huge stockpiles of goods that long-term players have. Which is tough on newer players right now, but as you say they need to lower the costs and I assume they will quite soon: There can't be that many giant stockpiles still at large! :cool:

DeletedUser2989

Loved the update, a few useful things added and if this is a sign of the improvements to come I welcome it. Definitly need to priorities the fixing of the BA goods section of the guild treasury. The blimp's were an interesting addition, if your willing to just sit around and watch them that is.

DeletedUser6968

About goods donation : No need to wait for an update for this. You just start a thread in your guild and players who donate goods post what they gave and how much. It is working for us.

DeletedUser5180

About goods donation : No need to wait for an update for this. You just start a thread in your guild and players who donate goods post what they gave and how much. It is working for us.

so player A sees that there is 3200 gold in their guild treasury and simply posts "i have donated 400 gold" when they have actually donated none. the guild thinks what a great guy / gal player A is when in reality they are contributing nothing.

don't say players like this don't exist. EVERY guild has some :(

a proper record of what every player donates is needed and could be easily implemented as an event in the treasury

DeletedUser13082

so player A sees that there is 3200 gold in their guild treasury and simply posts "i have donated 400 gold" when they have actually donated none. the guild thinks what a great guy / gal player A is when in reality they are contributing nothing.

don't say players like this don't exist. EVERY guild has some :(

a proper record of what every player donates is needed and could be easily implemented as an event in the treasury

This also works well for us in Titans. You can easily keep track of who puts what and if somebody is lying about it then the numbers won't add up.

I'd prefer an automatic record implemented obviously but until then, a thread for players to announce their contribution works well :)

DeletedUser6065

I'd prefer an automatic record implemented obviously but until then, a thread for players to announce their contribution works well :)

Does size matter? And, do you really want everyone to know how often you're good for? Somebody's gotta ask . . mk