• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.15 discussion topic

DeletedUser6065

Was the changing of ThreeSixes' avatar part of this change? And I'm surprise nobody noticed THAT! . . .mk

DeletedUser10967

I did, but that was a change by myself, nothing to do with the game updates lol.

DeletedUser7223

+1 , thanks L.Ice . Two new Expansions will do nicely .
There is also a new PvP Tower Position in the Event History .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7223

Yes two new Expansion slots available , cant remember how much the first one was , second is 21K .

DeletedUser16026

Yes two new Expansion slots available , cant remember how much the first one was , second is 21K .

18k maybe? The last one before that was 15k if I remember correctly, seems evened out to have it at 18k. So it would go 9k, 12k, 15k, 18k, 21k.

DeletedUser

18k maybe? The last one before that was 15k if I remember correctly, seems evened out to have it at 18k. So it would go 9k, 12k, 15k, 18k, 21k.

Yes, 15k, 18k then 21k.

If only they let you buy more beyond that....

DeletedUser13082

A conscript has both attack and defence boost against a tank... Really? So are you telling me that if you were fighting a war and you saw a tank rolling up on your own tank you would get out because it would be safer to NOT have a HUGE METAL SHELL around you? How the hell would a conscript have a defence boost against a tank?!?! Common sense tells you that a conscript wouldn't be a good choice against a tank. Tell me why is the sniper weak against a tank if a conscript is strong against it, they are both men they just carry a different rifle. Are you saying that the conscripts rifle is what shields him from a tank? I can't seem to figure this one out at all. What I do know is that AGAIN you have tried to fix something that isn't broken rather than working on improving the game.

On a side note, apologies for ranting, clearly you all work hard but a bit of common sense wouldn't hurt anybody. Why not create a forum for things like this and ask your customers what they would like?

DeletedUser7719

Maybe they carry some sort of anti-tank weaponry? (Though that would still not explain their defense boost... )

DeletedUser5180

i think the whole concept of defense has to include the chance of being hit by the attacking unit. Now a wwII tank was probably not very accurate at picking out an individual soldier on the battlefield and scoring a direct hit. More likely the soldier would say to himself hmm.....that tank has just trained its turret on me, i'm gonna dive for cover behind that big rock here and protect myself.

The soldiers ability to out-manouvre a tank will in essence give him a defense bonus which i think is whats being taken into account here.

DeletedUser

Maybe they carry anti-tank grenades and hide well in the trenches? :-P Besides tanks in world war I were pretty weak and were frequently disabled by regular infantry. Anyhow, there is no sense discussing this stuff... List of things that dont sound too realistic could go on, but lets not keep the imagination at bay too much :-P It is a game after all.

DeletedUser13082

Maybe they carry some sort of anti-tank weaponry? (Though that would still not explain their defense boost... )

A fair point but like you said yourself, that doesn't account for the defence boost. I still can't make sense of it at all lol.

i think the whole concept of defense has to include the chance of being hit by the attacking unit. Now a wwII tank was probably not very accurate at picking out an individual soldier on the battlefield and scoring a direct hit. More likely the soldier would say to himself hmm.....that tank has just trained its turret on me, i'm gonna dive for cover behind that big rock here and protect myself.

The soldiers ability to out-manouvre a tank will in essence give him a defense bonus which i think is whats being taken into account here.

That makes sense to an extent, if that is the case however, you also need to take into account the blast radios and the shrapnel damage. A tank doesn't need a direct hit he just needs to hit close to a target to cause damage, against another tank this wouldn't be effective however against an infantry unit it would blow him out of his shoes with ease. Also would a sniper not be able to dive for cover too? where is their defence boost?

In my opinion this change had nothing to do with realism within the game, rather just another way for peoples growth rates to be slowed down as now they will clearly take more damage in a lot more battles as conscripts are the second most used unit in the game at the moment following tanks.

Maybe they carry anti-tank grenades and hide well in the trenches? :-P Besides tanks in world war I were pretty weak and were frequently disabled by regular infantry. Anyhow, there is no sense discussing this stuff... List of things that dont sound too realistic could go on, but lets not keep the imagination at bay too much :-P It is a game after all.

It's not so much the fact I'm annoyed that it's not realistic enough, I'm annoyed that my growth rate has been slowed down because of something that has been implemented despite the fact it makes no sense and therefore shouldn't have been implemented in the first place. Diamond players have enough of an advantage as it is, I can't even come close to the growth of a player who has a city full of deli shops who doesn't battle despite the fact I battle all my neighbours 7 days a week. This just means it's now even harder for us. Fair enough they need to make their money but battle should be able to go over the growth of simply collecting once a day from deli shops. Instead of making battling even more of a drag with a pointless change why not lower the amount that diamond buildings give by a little bit, at least that way people who put time into battling daily would stand a chance of climbing the ranks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

I honestly like the change. Tanks were too overpowered, and this change lessened that a bit. I honestly would use tanks against anything unless they had at least 3 RFCs and/or 6 conscripts before the change. Now I have to be a bit more careful and lessen my precautions to 4 conscripts (same 3 RFCs obviously)

DeletedUser

It's not so much the fact I'm annoyed that it's not realistic enough, I'm annoyed that my growth rate has been slowed down because of something that has been implemented despite the fact it makes no sense and therefore shouldn't have been implemented in the first place. Diamond players have enough of an advantage as it is, I can't even come close to the growth of a player who has a city full of deli shops who doesn't battle despite the fact I battle all my neighbours 7 days a week. This just means it's now even harder for us. Fair enough they need to make their money but battle should be able to go over the growth of simply collecting once a day from deli shops. Instead of making battling even more of a drag with a pointless change why not lower the amount that diamond buildings give by a little bit, at least that way people who put time into battling daily would stand a chance of climbing the ranks.

You make over a million of battle points per day which corresponds to over 20k points per day, right?
If you structure your town well, you can pull in additional 13k points with resources. Diamond users can pull in 14-18k on average, depending on how well they planned out their town and how many kings and queens they have.
As you can see from the numbers, even diamond users HAVE TO do their battles every day if hey wanna stay competitive against top players who dont use diamonds.
As for the update itself, I really dont see how it makes battles more difficult? Try out using the conscript combo instead of tank combo as somebody already suggested. You will be pleased with results. You just need to watch out for neighbours who put all sniper defenses, and I dont think there is too many of those since they are easy prey for tanks.

DeletedUser13082

My town layout is as good as can be for the moment in my opinion, will be more productive once I have a few extra land expansions. My Royal Albert Hall and St. Mark's are still quite low level so I only pull around 5k points a day from collections at the moment. I know somebody I once spoke to (I won't mention his name as he may not appreciate it) told me he was pulling around 30-40k points daily from collecting his deli shops/kings and queens, I think he had about 60 shops and a small amount of kings/queens, maybe more or less, I'm not 100% on the amounts. I'm not sure the 24 hour collection amount from deli shop so I have no idea if he was being truthful or not but in the case that he was then I have no way of catching his growth. What is the 24 hour collection for deli shop without boosts? I'll have a look and do the math.

Back on topic anyway as we're drifting a bit lol. I can see where you are coming from, byeordie, but personally for me battling is boring and tedious. The only reason I battle is for the point growth as my goal is to climb the ranks. PvP towers are no longer any use to me as I have nothing to spend medals on so the tower rankings aren't motivation either. I'm going to be aiming for the first recorded 8m points in a tower next week which will be a bit of extra motivation but after that it's back to normal. I auto battle majority of the time just to get it over and done with and manually battle any who would cause too much damage if I auto battle. The amount I now have to manually battle is a lot higher.

DeletedUser12086

RE: the new medal expansions

Thank you for pointing this out. Yes, there are two new medal expansions ingame. These are in place for the next era, which is currently under development, but unfortunately there is no simple switch to toggle it on/off once it is in the game code. So, while the addition was not entirely intentional, it's not a bug so feel free to use it :)

DeletedUser5180

ooooooooh don't worry @ countess..........i used them the moment i read a post here that they were available hehe i guess that means there will be six more expansions available in the modern era if the 18k and 21k are already used......2 on the map, 2 on the tech tree and 2 for diamond purchase.?

i can only fit 6 more into my original city grid so guess this is the case.?

DeletedUser

@death auron: run the numbers. your friend was pulling your leg :-P 60 delis would yield 15.8k points per day if they were all motivated. Even if he had 90 kings and 60 delis he would be getting 30k per day if he managed to have 150 motivations per day. So basically your freind was telling you nonsense or he was probably reffering to total points made per day together with battles.

RE: medals
this was also true for the progressive era release. we had those medal expansions way before the PE was released, and still there was no sign of this in the changelog :-P However, nobody complained :-P