• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

1.05 discussion thread

• Thread starter DeletedUser12086
  • Start date

DeletedUser2973

this battle lag is doing my nut in it takes ages too complete a number of battles

DeletedUser9061

Hooray! Today's update (1.05.16134) seems to have fixed the slow fighting problem (for me at least) - anyone else notice an improvement?

DeletedUser

for me 2 aswell back to normal

but the amazing thing about this the Lack of communications from any staffer to the peeps who play this.. would be nice to have have passed the bug onto devs and there now looking into this then a follow up but nothing. i know staffers have barely enough time but it don't take long to let the mass's no

expect Blacksmith input but again no follow up

DeletedUser2973

now i can,t load any units up i try too attack go to the screen to choose my units and they won,t load up even replay,s unit,s are invisable

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I'm still having terrible speed problems. To be honest, I'm about to give up. Can't we have a low spec mode without all the smoke and animation nonsense? I've never known a browser game this slow.

I'm going to wait for the Guild Wars etc, but I suspect that will overload the PC even more! If the devs don't listen to all the complaints then I'll be off. :mad:

DeletedUser

I'm still having terrible speed problems. To be honest, I'm about to give up. Can't we have a low spec mode without all the smoke and animation nonsense? I've never known a browser game this slow.

Calm down :cool: The lag is not due to smoke or animations, but due to not yet optimized code, and maybe even internal bugs. And yes, it takes time to optimize code, but they are surely working on it :)

DeletedUser12086

I'm going to wait for the Guild Wars etc, but I suspect that will overload the PC even more! If the devs don't listen to all the complaints then I'll be off. :mad:

Hi Praeceptor,

Please could I ask you to send in a ticket explaining your problem with as much information as possible? It may be that we are able to help, or otherwise identify an issue.

DeletedUser

Can't we have a low spec mode without all the smoke and animation nonsense? I've never known a browser game this slow.

Turn it off.

Settings, lower left corner, look for two cog wheels in the icon

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Turn it off.

Settings, lower left corner, look for two cog wheels in the icon

I've got everything turned off that I can turn off. This game is such a memory/CPU hog! It even takes an age to type in on the messaging system. How can typing be so slow?

@Countess - I'll be in touch :)

DeletedUser1983

I think the best way for y'all to fix this speed issue is to take a cue from your very own Tribal Wars. It allows the city to be in graphic version as well as text version. Is it possible?

DeletedUser

I think the best way for y'all to fix this speed issue is to take a cue from your very own Tribal Wars. It allows the city to be in graphic version as well as text version. Is it possible?

Now we shall not forget that Tribal Wars is written in HTML, PHP and JS. Forge of Empires is written in AS :)
While in Tribal Wars all they have to do is propably just create a new page, they would however propably need to do serius changes to the main code for Forge of Empires.

The reason why it may lag is because they've just recently added some new graphical features, which may result in performance issues if the code is not fully optimized yet.