• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

0.18 changelog: discussion

DeletedUser

That's hundreds of bucks for diamonds to speed through the 1000 hours with 50 diamonds per point and putting down buildings and everything..
Just wow..

- L

DeletedUser276

Yes, but what Wall was saying is that he enjoyed beating up blind men every night and take their hat or glasses or change from the jar. He is not happy that this may end. Go blind men, go!!!:D

Guess he is really going to hate it when its set up (possibly but its in idea stage right now) of having both players online the defending player gets a pop up stating he is under attack and has x amount of time to respond (aka have live defense action with the attack action)

Though if that happens the defender wont be safe of not losing troops.. on the plus side they will get points for defending. But as I said its just a thought being bandied about ;)

DeletedUser1946

Okay. I tested out the 2 musketeers that I got as a reward for conquering Raven Creek. And OMG, they're awesome! I never thought they still have the same range as Longbows!

DeletedUser

That's hundreds of bucks for diamonds to speed through the 1000 hours with 50 diamonds per point and putting down buildings and everything..
Just wow..

It's likely that he used his amassed coins to buy a couple of those (a million coins will give you around 100 forge points, or even more if you never used the coins-to-FP feature before). Still, despite working in the industry and having seen all kinds of payment data, stuff like that never ceases to amaze me either...

Regards,

Anwar

DeletedUser

Interestingly (or not), the formula for how much is spent on forge points is:

C = 25*(M^2) + (P - 25)*M

P = Initial price of 1 FP
M = Number of FPs to purchase.
C = Coins spent

Caveat: I derived this a while ago, didn't really go through the derivation again. I'm pretty sure it's correct, but don't make any wagers without verifying it for yourself.

DeletedUser3157

It's likely that he used his amassed coins to buy a couple of those (a million coins will give you around 100 forge points, or even more if you never used the coins-to-FP feature before). Still, despite working in the industry and having seen all kinds of payment data, stuff like that never ceases to amaze me either...

Regards,

Anwar

Not too sure what player u guys are talking about, but I know of one who told me few weeks back he has 5M coins stocked for CA forge points on B world.

Although to complete whole CA age tree it would take about 25M+ coins.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

With the forge points yeah its easy to buy them for gold. I had 3 million gold stashed for the Colonial Age. Problem is with goods as you couldnt have paper, coffe and all that. So he definitely bought diamonds to finish those researches.
Question is what will he do now that he finished the tech tree once more :D

DeletedUser17

Thank you for your comments. I see that some players are not happy about the replay function. The reason we inserted this feature is to make defending and attacking more tactical. As an attacker you should have to switch your tactics according to the defending army. The defending army now has a chance to see how they were beaten and make the necessary changes to successfully beat the attacker. Please note the attack/defending system will evolve over time and changes to the current system will be implemented down the road. We always wish to make it fair for both parties, however this is also a matter of opinion. If you have any suggestions about the 0.18 replay function please post them in the ideas section. We will be happy to read your suggestions and implementation ideas. Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Go to the Ideas section

DeletedUser

Thank you for your comments. I see that some players are not happy about the replay function. The reason we inserted this feature is to make defending and attacking more tactical.[/URL]

I don't see no reason in that function. As a defender I have no chnace of defending against my agressors, as they are in 9 out of 10 times one or two ages above me, and how can I defend against them? Therefor, I don't need to see how easy they won against me.

And, good to see that the enemy armies have been buffed. Much more difficult to beat those armies on the map to conquer new territories, and it takes longer to get anywhere on the map. *ironic*

One thing that could have been done is something about trading. As most trading seem to be dead, it could have been done so that it's easier to buy whatever wares I need to research new technoglogies. I know, I can buy new techonologies with diamonds, if I could afford to buy diamonds that is.
Just my two red cents on the update...

DeletedUser276

Replay function is being discussed here. No point in having a topic in two different sections

just a friendly heads up for players :) This is link in this post for discussion only (not talking about this specific thread but the link in this post). If you have ideas on how to "better" the system or alter it in some way then please feel free to use the templates in the idea section like Checkered Jester mentioned.

DeletedUser914

I spotted a difference in heavy knights behaviour. It used to be that these heavy knights moved a few squares so that they cannot be hit. In the second move all 8 attacked your army. Was so difficult to beat these, because battle was over before starting.

Now they move all forward and it is a fair battle. Is this in changelog 0.18 too?

But I am happy with it, because these heavy knights could only be beaten with another 8 heavy knights and still with these it is hard. This is better.

DeletedUser

But I am happy with it, because these heavy knights could only be beaten with another 8 heavy knights and still with these it is hard. This is better.

No, you beat them with heavy and light melee. Even 8 berserkers could do the trick (with some luck). Put the light melee in bushes/ forests and heavy melee on grass.
If you got as far as to raise guardsmen or great sword warriors it would be a piece of cake with limited casualties on your side.

DeletedUser4401

Colonial age looks awesome, nice work.

I've just seen a travelling circus in somebody's town, is this part of the bonus content at the end of the Late Middle Age ??

Best Regards
MAL1701

Surge

Brigadier-General
Colonial age looks awesome, nice work.

I've just seen a travelling circus in somebody's town, is this part of the bonus content at the end of the Late Middle Age ??

Best Regards
MAL1701

No, the Traveling Circus is the premium cultural building for the Colonial Age, giving a bonus of 2,800 happiness.

DeletedUser4401

Thanks for the info.

I won't be getting one of those then, although i'd like one as i don't believe in buying my way through the game.

As much as i appreciate it's how the Innogames make thier money, iv'e progressed thus far without paying for premium buildings and will continue to do so.

Best Regards
MAL1701