• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

0.18 changelog: discussion

DeletedUser3157

Jup it is out now, should have never doubted schedule punctuality in a game mostly developed in Germany :P

Decoder

Warrant Officer
"The login process for repeat logins has been improved"
-I don't know what this means but it's time to mention my second problem with the login page. (th efirst was that the forum link didn't fit on that page )
The login and the register should not be on the same page. Why? Because I use "lastpass" to fill my passwords and it does not fill the login it fills the register space. I can't even force it to fill the login. Lucky that it stays loged in for a long time.

"Building tooltips (in the build menu) now also display which age they belong to."
-Not for me! this would be nice for the military buildings.

"Replay - We added a Replay functions for the battles. You can now replay battles that have happened while you have been away. They will be possible to activate through out the event window."
-This sure is nice but I can't help notice that all the past battles I am looking at, I, as a defender start the battle. However, it seems most battle I initiate, also lets me start. Something is fishy here.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1094

The age for buildings, are only showed for already build buildings and only when hoovering over them in the city.

The PvP-playback is the best thing (besides the new age, of course)... Now we can really have a look at how the IA abuses our defence troops. ;)

DeletedUser4365

if they mentioned that we will be fighting pirates and they have why shouldnt we also be able to build a navy-ships battle ships war ships and open a new way of fighting including land in sea think about it fight in sea like in land it can be great

DeletedUser1094

Decoder said:
-This sure is nice but I can't help notice that all the past battles I am looking at, I, as a defender start the battle. However, it seems most battle I initiate, also lets me start. Something is fishy here.

The battle always starts with the fastest units. If both you and the opponent has equal fastest units, the attacker starts.

Decoder

Warrant Officer
The battle always starts with the fastest units. If both you and the opponent has equal fastest units, the attacker starts.

Thanks. I see now that the Faster Type will start. The reason for the distinction is that faster is the one with the higher movement, but in the case of berserker against the spearfighter, the berserker can start if he is the attacker even it is slower.

DeletedUser3157

The PvP-playback is the best thing (besides the new age, of course)...

This. I can say that I no longer attack my nabers, I'm schooling them. About time someone other than me gets to witness my greatness. On more serious note though, I'm tad clueless on how should I navigate through the new map, it seems kinda....split

DeletedUser

Going South of the LMA provinces will give you a batch of Loot Provinces.
Going East of the HMA provinces (Mons Suiry) will give you 'normal' provinces.

- L

DeletedUser

Ok, i have been playing this game a longgg time and i find that replay button for battles totaly rediculous.
This gives away all your stategy and your neighbours can now simply copy your great tactics.
At this time i do not want to battle anymore, untill that replay button is removed.

Greetz

DeletedUser

Ok, i have been playing this game a longgg time and i find that replay button for battles totaly rediculous.
This gives away all your stategy and your neighbours can now simply copy your great tactics.
At this time i do not want to battle anymore, untill that replay button is removed.

Greetz

agree.
Developers, if you wanted to help the noobs and screw those who are active and waste hours of their time to use your PvP system you did right.
congratulations

Surge Edit: Admins have absolutely nothing to do with the development of the game. They moderate the forums, and in game moderators only answer tickets and fix quest issues. Please think seven times before slicing the bread once.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

To be honest, I don't see how this could work against you. It's not as if it wasn't known already that a good defensive army helps to protect your village.
Now we can see how "proper" fighting is done (and still the AI fights for us in defence and we can't do anything about it), but for noobs like me, it's a great way to learn!

DeletedUser

Pendragon, i can only laugh at that.
If you take a look at your events you`ll see how I attacked you in the past days,weeks, months and notice my siege.
What stops you from building 2 stables and raise 8 cavalry and next time I attack you kill everything I have.
Basically with this new change, the developers did NOTHING but to dispel the secret of the attacker`s strategy.
And this "how proper fighting is done"...? Didnt you attack provinces on the map? You tell me you dont know how "proper fighting" is done?

I somehow cant get over the feeling that the developers are dumbing down the game trying to make it more accessible for a more varied category of customers.
The downside is that it will become boring for the rest of us. Im really not playing this game because I like the shiny new house design of colonial age. If I was into that Id play other city simulation games.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Pendragon, i can only laugh at that.
If you take a look at your events you`ll see how I attacked you in the past days,weeks, months and notice my siege.
What stops you from building 2 stables and raise 8 cavalry and next time I attack you kill everything I have.
Basically with this new change, the developers did NOTHING but to dispel the secret of the attacker`s strategy.
And this "how proper fighting is done"...? Didnt you attack provinces on the map? You tell me you dont know how "proper fighting" is done?

I somehow cant get over the feeling that the developers are dumbing down the game trying to make it more accessible for a more varied category of customers.
The downside is that it will become boring for the rest of us. Im really not playing this game because I like the shiny new house design of colonial age. If I was into that Id play other city simulation games.

Wallachian, you have done nothing but complain about how this replay feature killed the game. Instead, you should have done something more productive - post in the ideas section and politely explain how this feature is a game killer for you. But you believe that insulting people who have not done anything brings benevolence. The admins have absolutely NOTHING... NOTHING to do with the development cycle of the game. They only help moderate the forums and the in game mods help solve player tickets and quest issues for specific players. And looking at your previous posts today, you have directed the insults to Lodroth and Pendragon, however they have not done anything worthy of note in this update - no admin has done anything to this update.

Also, think about what you are saying! Sure, the people behind the screen know your strategy. So what? The AI is terrible as is! Sure, they beef up their defense, but you still would be able to ace their city's defenses simply because the AI is too predictable and easy to defeat. You are overreacting in an extremely major way. That is not necessary.

Next time, please think before posting. You have done nothing but insult other players without proper reasoning.

There is a Russian proverb - think seven times before slicing the bread once. Please, before getting too jump and too aggressive, think about what you are saying.

DeletedUser

I havent insulted anyone Surge.
I might not be too diplomatic and I have no intention to be. Im just blunt and telling things how I see them.
If you have an issue with people not sweet talking you and not telling you how everything is fine and dandy, you should look into it and get it fixed.
Im having fun here. You should try it sometimes. Fun is good ;)

ps: your excessive censorship is abusive, a moderator`s role is to moderate not to shove their fist into somebodies mouth, just saying...

pss: by ADMINS I dont mean forum administrators or in-game moderators, I mean those who create the game - developers, upper management, community department, q&a etc... Do i really need to explain every word I use? Seriously?

DeletedUser

I totaly agreed with Wallachian, this game is dead because of replay button. And his post was a normal post. Not insulting at all!

Greetz

Surge

Brigadier-General
To wallachian - Actually, you insulted people beyond the game discussions section. I have edited your post, but I still have the original copy. This is NOT going to be posted, however, we do not threaten anyone or cause embarrassment.

All you have to do is control your mind.

Also, where do you see censorship? That post has not been edited at all. What I think is you are trying to counter attack to prove innocence. This does not work here. I am not insulting, swearing, or breaking other rules. I haven't even insulted you.

To SpadeRacer - You dont see it because it was edited already. The quote in my post is already the edited version.

DeletedUser

Other priorities for my population ;)
I already had the knights and troops and demolished them. Plunder is annoying, but not life-threatening, and I rather use my people for things I like more :p - which is not fighting. And the map can also be "conquered" by negotiating.
And the secret of the attacker's strategy? That made me smile. There's not much strategy needed to fight the AI, and no matter what would be in a defence, it could be beaten :)

DeletedUser

Actually, you insulted people beyond the game discussions section. I have edited your post, but I still have the original copy. This is NOT going to be posted, however, we do not threaten anyone or cause embarrassment.

All you have to do is control your mind.

Also, where do you see censorship? That post has not been edited at all. What I think is you are trying to counter attack to prove innocence. This does not work here. I am not insulting, swearing, or breaking other rules. I haven't even insulted you.

Post what? What insults? What swearing? Dude are you delusional? If you`re so easily offended tell me and I`ll wear gloves from now on.
Hmm I just said the word "delusional". Now i start worrying that you`ll take it as a personal insult LOL

Come on, take a chill pill and relax. You are not the topic of this conversation. The topic is the today change and that replay function.

DeletedUser4089

This thread is about the 0.18 update, please keep it to that topic, and that topic only.
There is no need for anyone to insult anyone else.

Wallachian, if you want to discuss moderation, censorship etc, then PM me, this is not the place for it.