• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

0.18 changelog: discussion

DeletedUser

And the secret of the attacker's strategy? That made me smile. There's not much strategy needed to fight the AI, and no matter what would be in a defence, it could be beaten :)

Actually there are ways to defend against likes of me. The AI is not that bright but a defender can put up a range of troops which will inflict serious damage to an attacker, be it from LMA [or Colonial age as its more current]. Of course Im not going to give you tips for obvious reasons :D
Im just going to tell you that in our neighbourhood theres 2-3 guys who managed to kick my behind a couple times, and not just made me lose 2-3-4 troops but actually won.
So now maybe you can understand why I dont like this change. The little strategy the PvP systen had is pretty much gone now.

I dont have a problem with the game staff implementing this new change. My problem is that they didnt think it through and tried not to harm both sides of a battle front because this change clearly helps the defenders and offers nothing to the attackers.

DeletedUser

Great, i just spend 15 minutes explaining why i realy dont like this replay feature and it looks like my post has been removed from the questions forum so i will have to write it again.

I do not understand, in fact it kinda upsets me, when you (people) say there is no stategy involved in fighting AI units.
When i attack my neighbour who has 4 crossbowmen and 4 catapults in his defense with idem 4 crossbowmen and 4 catapults, i always score more then 3000 points.
I am positive, that not every player in this game is not able to score the same points, simply because they dont know how.
When this particular neighbour looks at the replays he can exactly see how i play and now he can do exacly the same thing, because i teached him.
Now, if everyone used the same "perfect" strategy to attack AI units, this game would only be about: who plays the most battles, not who plays his battles most efficiently.
Also, i agree with Wallachian who says we are not here for the shiney buildings because lets face it, our cities look a bit crappy. We would be playing a different game.

For me, there is no more challenge in playing this game. Every sunday i win towers with half as much fights and dubble the score then all other neigbours.
Now am i going to teach them how to do that? Hmmpf

So again: what game do you play? "I play the game of who can do the most battles in a week". Doesnt sound good to me.

Greetz

DeletedUser

Now, if everyone used the same "perfect" strategy to attack AI units, this game would only be about: who plays the most battles, not who plays his battles most efficiently.
Also, i agree with Wallachian who says we are not here for the shiney buildings because lets face it, our cities look a bit crappy. We would be playing a different game.

For me, there is no more challenge in playing this game. Every sunday i win towers with half as much fights and dubble the score then all other neigbours.

So again: what game do you play? "I play the game of who can do the most battles in a week". Doesnt sound good to me.

As I've pointed out a few times to others, please understand that FoE's gameplay focus does not lie with Battling necessarily.
Unlike what Innogames is most renowned for, FoE is more of a civilization game, rather than PvP orientated.

So if you're really focused on combat, you'll find these features less advanced and maybe incomplete and easy.
Although, improvements keep coming.

- L

DeletedUser65

lets way this up rationally

Pre .18
attacking another player

pro's
1you get ranking points
2 you get battle points to compete in towers and potentially win medals
3 you get to steal stuff from your victims
4 you get to see your victims troops and adjust accordingly

con's
1 you may loose a few troops

As a defender
pros
1 you loose no troops

cons
1 you get no points
2 you cant set up a defense as you cant see the attacker
3 you get plundered

Now post .18 the defender finally has something else working in his/her favor , the fact they can change there defense to be more effective against certain types of attacks. the replay is one of the best features that has been added to the game as it finally gives the defender a better chance to defend himself and their no longer a helpless farm your others. this argument that now people will see your tactics is a little childish in my eyes, theres nothing you are any other person knows that the rest of us don't or cant find out ourselves by just asking here in the forums.
Or is it the case your actually going to have to work and earn those battle points and plundered gear rather than just noob bashing??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7046

Greetz

You are forgeting a very important question about the battles. Your neighbours could watch the battle replays and even learn something with you, but when they go to a battle, against you, for example and they find a different field to play, all they had learned goes away.
They can't make a copy of your combat system, because it's not possible to do so. Too many things change from one field to another, don't forget that.

DeletedUser

..all they had learned goes away.

No, my neighbours do not know how to attack and score points. By watching the replay they will learn how i attack them and how i score dubble points as my neighbours do.
They will not forget that.

There is nothing you can say, that will convince me this is a great feature and i am not sure why you are trying to.
It is a mistake, period. I hope it will be changed.

Greetz

edit: i never plunder anyone, i realy dont need their goods, i will produce my own.
and why do i score double the amount of points with half the amount of battle if there is no strategy involved?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Greetz

Bad news man, you've been playing that game for quite some time now. Maybe you got lucky and scored a neighborhood where no one bothered to learn fighting strategy, but most everyone who's looked into it at all is using the same strategies. The replays just make it easier to learn for everyone, and they add an extra dimension to defending that wasn't in the game before. It adds more fun than it takes away in my opinion, but it will definitely shake things up in some neighborhoods.

DeletedUser65

so where is the bonus content after mount kilmore?

The first quest in the bonus content
newcontent.jpg

DeletedUser

You know you got to go to bed when...

...you look at the spoiler read it and then deliberately click the 'ok button'. :o

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

P.S.: Yes, I'm going to bed now... :D

DeletedUser

The player bar has also been completely fixed now, instead of an overwrite hook.
It won't race back and forth anymore. :D

- L

Decoder

Warrant Officer
Yes, but what Wall was saying is that he enjoyed beating up blind men every night and take their hat or glasses or change from the jar. He is not happy that this may end. Go blind men, go!!!:D

lets way this up rationally

Pre .18
attacking another player

pro's
1you get ranking points
2 you get battle points to compete in towers and potentially win medals
3 you get to steal stuff from your victims
4 you get to see your victims troops and adjust accordingly

con's
1 you may loose a few troops

As a defender
pros
1 you loose no troops

cons
1 you get no points
2 you cant set up a defense as you cant see the attacker
3 you get plundered

Now post .18 the defender finally has something else working in his/her favor , the fact they can change there defense to be more effective against certain types of attacks. the replay is one of the best features that has been added to the game as it finally gives the defender a better chance to defend himself and their no longer a helpless farm your others. this argument that now people will see your tactics is a little childish in my eyes, theres nothing you are any other person knows that the rest of us don't or cant find out ourselves by just asking here in the forums.
Or is it the case your actually going to have to work and earn those battle points and plundered gear rather than just noob bashing??

DeletedUser65

The player bar has also been completely fixed now, instead of an overwrite hook.
It won't race back and forth anymore. :D

- L
im afraid its not :( , it still resets after attacking a player

DeletedUser3698

Where is ANY of the Colonial Age update? I don't have it....my guildmates don't have it. What's up??? Did Arvahall not get the update?

DeletedUser65

arvahall did get it, i play there myself. look at your tech tree, scroll right and you should see the col age technologies.

DeletedUser

holy coly.

someone in brisgard, finished the tech tree of colonization age, in less than 15 hrs (and has half of his/her city upgraded with the new buildings).
It seems this not just a game to some :)