• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Newbies - Don't Make The Same Mistake (I did)

• Thread starter DeletedUser109379
  • Start date

DeletedUser109379

You're starting your city and are the kind of person who thinks negotiating is preferable on any level to fighting. Don't !

The game promotes the FALSE notion that both options produce the same end result but skipping fights hugely penalises you expanding the size of your territory.

Just thought you ought to know.

Happy forging !

@vrooom How does it peanalise you? You get the same rewards from map provinces either way. The only difference would be the slower accumulation of medals by not competing on PvP towers for victory expansions but they don't give that many anyway.

Emberguard

Legend
@Cursedveggie what they mean is if your negotiating you’re taking from your goods stock. There’s no way around this. No matter how well you negotiate you will consume your goods

With fighting you could potentially come away with no losses aside from the initial cost of setting up the army and space in your city.

I too prefer fighting on the map simply because it’s lower in cost overall then trying to negotiate. It’s not penalising you to negotiate, but it can be a less efficient way of progressing unless you’ve got a specific reason to be continuing further in that manner

@Emberguard I agree but that's a choice.

By fighting you take up more room in your city with attack GBs, barracks etc so you could say the game penalises you that way through lack of space which could be used for more goods buildings to make negotiation therefore progression faster and easier

Shad23

Emperor
By fighting you take up more room in your city with attack GBs, barracks etc so you could say the game penalises you that way through lack of space which could be used for more goods buildings to make negotiation therefore progression faster and easier
i think vrooom meant you'll loose out on medals for expansions if you don't fight expansions that are needed eather way you play

DeletedUser653

vroom, i think i agree with you, theres more downsides to being a farmer and paying for negotiations than being a fighter.
space for troops V's space for goods about the same
Troop cost V's goods cost, spending lots of goods will slow down tech tree progress and trying to negotiate 4 levels of GE will be horrid expensive.
extras ; those expansion slots from medals are really really important to any serious player and Cursed veggies you know that newbees do not have a L80 ARC top collect millions of medals so for most new players Expansion from medals and hence medals won in towers is essential.
FP collecting: Might be strange one this but moist guilds need fighters much more than farmers, so its easier to get into higher level guilds when you fight and hence increase you FP daily from your HQ.
will think of some more, as sure theres more

DeletedUser111359

Given that medals eventually become virtually useless, accumulating them slower isn't much of a penalty.

On En5, I have 1.8m medals with nothing to use them on.

And I haven't fought a battle there in probably 5 years.

DeletedUser653

Given that medals eventually become virtually useless, accumulating them slower isn't much of a penalty.

On En5, I have 1.8m medals with nothing to use them on.

And I haven't fought a battle there in probably 5 years.

SirFrancis - i am guessing your a newbe and not in a top guild, if you had been playing longer or in top guild you would not have made your statement.
My next expansion is about 3 million medals so i would keep collecting those valuable if you want all the standard non diamond expansions.
The sieges in GvG tonight were costing us 182,000 to just under 200,000 medals and we have 25 new sectors, so thats about 5 million medals a day our guild spends. So for a really active top guild player medals are very important and without them a guild cannot do GvG.

DeletedUser111359

SirFrancis - i am guessing your a newbe and not in a top guild, if you had been playing longer or in top guild you would not have made your statement.
My next expansion is about 3 million medals so i would keep collecting those valuable if you want all the standard non diamond expansions.
The sieges in GvG tonight were costing us 182,000 to just under 200,000 medals and we have 25 new sectors, so thats about 5 million medals a day our guild spends. So for a really active top guild player medals are very important and without them a guild cannot do GvG.

I said in my post that I haven't fought a battle in 5 years. Does that sound like a newbie to you?

Your next expansion is nowhere near 3 million medals. They top out at 950k, and I've already bought that one.

I think we've established who the novice that doesn't know what's going on is. And it's clearly not me.

Oh, and the guild I'm in on En5 is ranked 7th, and has the second highest #1 total. So we're doing just fine thanks. Currently the guild treasury has 18million of them as surplus. So we'll be ok on that score too.

DeletedUser112017

He's actually in GvG active L75 guild and SF has 49 million points, currently in OF, but progressing slowly as negotiations are quite demanding (and downright silly in terms of goods needed on Mars map).

And a total of 219 battles in his few years history :D

Many of those he couldn't avoid for various quests.

So, it's kinda difficult to call him a newbie :)

And as long as medals goes, my guildie has over 300m in his inventory, I've got above 200m.... so guild wise - I think we can survive without SFs medals contribution :)

DeletedUser111359

The goods to advance isn't the impediment, it's purely the desire. I'm too busy swapping FP to research. :)