• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.22 Discussion

DeletedUser

In the formula/odds to find a BP, is there any sort of varieble which either diminishes over some period of time or number of searching actions taken? Or the odds stay constant all the time?

I do hope someone offers some clarification. I assume that the mods are clued in on the inner workings to have the ability to answer this with certainty. Understood that they want to keep an element of discovery with regards to exactly what factors may affect the odds if they do exist, but confirming t the existence of these factors shouldn't be off limits. For my own part, I would interpret silence on the matter as confirming the existence of "other factors" that affect the probability function.

DeletedUser

If I'm understanding your math right, you got 10 total in four weeks. On one world. On three worlds, all with 80 member guilds, and 50+ neighborhoods, with me being extremely active daily, I have a total of 5, for 5 different buildings. Three of these I got the first day. I have not received a single blueprint since Thursday (it's now Monday).

Not quite - On the beta server, in 4 weeks, from polishing and motivating mostly IA buildings gave me 3 Lighthouse, 3 Colosseum and 1 Tower of Babel (was hoping for a Statue of Zeus) blueprint and from spending FP I got another 9 Lighthouse Pieces (and will have another guaranteed 2 when another level finishes); of those 12 Lighthouse pieces five are duplicates.

Since it was released on the EN servers I have: 5 pieces for 5 different GBs on one server (one from spending FP); 4 pieces from 3 different GBs on a second server (no FP spent here); and 6 pieces from 5 different GBs on a third server (one or two of which are from spending FP).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4089

Or you could interpret my silence as "I've been out buying groceries and then when i got back i made some sandwiches"

Blueprints aren't meant to be easy to find, and the chances of finding them are random. So some days or weeks you may be luckier than others. Of course as this is still a new feature it's possible that rates may be changed if the dev's find they are too low/high (Don't ask for it though, it's too early to evaluate).

As far as I know the odds for finding a blueprint in a particular scenario remain constant(even Senior Mods aren't given exact droprates), and there's no daily/weekly cap or time limits.

DeletedUser1094

In the formula/odds to find a BP, is there any sort of varieble which either diminishes over some period of time or number of searching actions taken? Or the odds stay constant all the time?

I do hope someone offers some clarification. I assume that the mods are clued in on the inner workings to have the ability to answer this with certainty. Understood that they want to keep an element of discovery with regards to exactly what factors may affect the odds if they do exist, but confirming t the existence of these factors shouldn't be off limits. For my own part, I would interpret silence on the matter as confirming the existence of "other factors" that affect the probability function.

LOL... Nope, the BP's are found by pure chance. They are very rare objects to be found. Some days you might be lucky to find 2 or even 3, but most days you won't find any. IF there exists such a thing as a BP-formula, the developers are keeping it to themselves. We are no more lucky, in finding BPs, than all the rest of the players. Sorry guys... no help from the Mods... we're just as clueless as you. ;)

DeletedUser7719

It should grow for every BP (even start lower at first)

so if you have found 8 BS's and want to buy the final one, to cost 100 diamonds

if you found 7 BP's and want to buy 2, 100+200

if you found 6 BP's and want to buy 3, 100+200+300

if you found 5 BP's and want to buy 4, 100+200+300+400

and so on...

it will cost less for people who buy 1-2 BP's, and seem the last pice of the puzzle just don't comme in, the same as now for 3 BP's, and more if you wanna buy more than 3. (also will hit a breake for the "find one BP buy the rest" players, maybe just maybe they will bother to find al least 3-4 BP's)
That's not a bad idea, and also maybe a buy-only-one-BP-a-day will also make it more fairer

DeletedUser7115

Klevito,
I've been polishing/motivating/plundering pretty hard for the last 3-4 days and after the first BP (very easy to find) I've had nothing. I estimate maybe 200 plunders and 230 polishes. Making it hard work!!
Cheers

DeletedUser7768

I also have only 1 which i found on the first day.. Also after 35 P/M plus 65+ battles per day with plundering since then.. I am still on 1..This is absurd..

DeletedUser3315

We have had a very close look at the drop rates between a few of us in our guild (on cirgard, en server) (we looked at action & drop rate between a large number of us - these figures are for the last 5 days from the 30th nov, we excluded the 28th and 29th of nov as everyone seemed to get a bp within their first few polishes) and our results were as follows:
- Motivate guild member - 1904 mot's - 8 bps dropped - rate 0.42%
- Polish guild member - 1617 pol's - 7 bps dropped - rate 0.43%
- Motivate Neighbour - 802 mot's - 6 bps dropped - rate 0.75%
- Polish Neighbour - 413 - 2 bps dropped - rate 0.48%
- Plunder - 1510 - 6 bps dropped - rate 0.4%

- Overall - 6246 - 29 bps dropped - rate 0.46%

By far the best way to get blueprints is donating forge points to existing great buildings in your guild / neighbourhood. The numbers above are probably not enough to be statistically viable and the 0.75% drop rate from motivating neighbours is probably an anomaly, however, we will keep on logging them and i think they seem to be holding up so far. The drop rate seems to be just less than 0.5% so you can expect to receive a bp for every 200 actions performed. This is where being a member of a big guild is very useful ((we have 79 in the Equinox guild plus 72 in my neighbourhood giving me 152 (because of duplicates) potential pol/mot/plunder per day)). The drop rates also seem to be quite patchy whereby generally you seem to pick up one or two, go 3,4 or 5 days with nothing then pick up another one or two.

DeletedUser

Very useful Ritzy, thank you. I would guess based on that at a drop rate of 0.5% and surmise that your figures represent short term variance. Over a longer term I'd expect to see it settle more.

DeletedUser

Definitely easiest way to get BPis to help others in the construction! But the problem is that while you gather enough BP's to build your own GB the one you helped with forge points will already have a level 10 GB.
While gather enough BP's to build your GB you will need at least a month, and raise it to level 5 GB you will need at least another month.
So for one to three months you will have a level 5 GB, premium players will be for that time build another 2 GB and again there is absolutely no way to deal with them.
That means only one thing - game over!
Definitely will incur big difference and will not even be interesting to play in a neighborhood that has diomond users :-(

DeletedUser3157

Just to give some hope for those feeling too desperate at the low drop rates, after another wasteful day of burning some 600k coins into FPs, I just obtained my 19th BP overall what happens to be my 7th unique Statue of Zeus BP. I plan to buy the 9th so only 1 more to go :)

DeletedUser1176

To build my deal castle I only needed to buy 1 BP, found like 3 and got the rest by FP donating... so IMO its pretty viable the way it is.

DeletedUser914

This game is now drastically changed: I read this topic carefully and 2 important things are not covered:

1. Forge of empires was always a game with careful planning: now you need luck. See BP as football players pictures: the last unique pictures are hard to get: yesterday invested all my coins (500000) to win a tournament for 3 BP. Sadly got just 2 of them. Same for motivating/polishing: you need to be lucky.
2. More concerning are these diamond users in the game. First of all: I can understand that you give diamond users a big fair plus: they help keeping this game in the air. However: what you miss is that you help support non-diamond users in guilds with many already build GBs. So these non diamond players have less competition to win a tournament. For me: as guild founder of Forge of Traders (8th in Arvahall) it is much better to leave guild and join one of the top ranked!

DeletedUser

This game is now drastically changed: I read this topic carefully and 2 important things are not covered:

1. Forge of empires was always a game with careful planning: now you need luck. See BP as football players pictures: the last unique pictures are hard to get: yesterday invested all my coins (500000) to win a tournament for 3 BP. Sadly got just 2 of them. Same for motivating/polishing: you need to be lucky.
2. More concerning are these diamond users in the game. First of all: I can understand that you give diamond users a big fair plus: they help keeping this game in the air. However: what you miss is that you help support non-diamond users in guilds with many already build GBs. So these non diamond players have less competition to win a tournament. For me: as guild founder of Forge of Traders (8th in Arvahall) it is much better to leave guild and join one of the top ranked!

You've missed some of the most important points raised in this thread then..

1. It may be luck you need to get the BPs, but they're a side project. Meant to be collected over the course of months. Not days. If you take that into account, the drop rates are pretty reasonable, and with the additional means of obtaining BPs, the chance of collecting the right ones increase drastically.

So although luck may be involved, if you collect BPs in the matter and time frame they are meant to be collected in, drop rate would be a more accurate term and statistic than shifting this on luck. But not if you want it in a few days no.

2. As for comparing to Diamond users; Yes, they get an advantage. But they pay for that advantage. Why would you pay for a service if the reward would be minimal?
However, if you take a look at this post, it effectively annihilates any discussion about Premium users being able to build all GBs at their whim: Click me

- L

DeletedUser

You guys just keep saying that premium users should have some advantages! As if this has not been the case!
They have so far some advantage. I have nothing against that.
They could buy premium production buildings, premium houses, premium decorations, premium cultural buildings, they could speed up production, speed up healing of units etc..
Are these benefits?
Okay, and now they need to take advantage too, but now is too much difference is between them and the players who do not buy diamonds.
That's the problem.

DeletedUser914

You've missed some of the most important points raised in this thread then..

1. It may be luck you need to get the BPs, but they're a side project. Meant to be collected over the course of months. Not days. If you take that into account, the drop rates are pretty reasonable, and with the additional means of obtaining BPs, the chance of collecting the right ones increase drastically.

So although luck may be involved, if you collect BPs in the matter and time frame they are meant to be collected in, drop rate would be a more accurate term and statistic than shifting this on luck. But not if you want it in a few days no.

2. As for comparing to Diamond users; Yes, they get an advantage. But they pay for that advantage. Why would you pay for a service if the reward would be minimal?
However, if you take a look at this post, it effectively annihilates any discussion about Premium users being able to build all GBs at their whim: Click me

- L

I think the second question is not answered. I am comparing non-diamond users with non-diamond users. They both don't pay: however, the one that is in a top guild with paying members have a clear advantage over that in a guild with non paying members. With that in mind: it would be very likely that the top ranked non paying players leave there guild for a top ranked one, and in near future all guilds are worthless with exception of a few.

DeletedUser

I think the second question is not answered. I am comparing non-diamond users with non-diamond users. They both don't pay: however, the one that is in a top guild with paying members have a clear advantage over that in a guild with non paying members. With that in mind: it would be very likely that the top ranked non paying players leave there guild for a top ranked one, and in near future all guilds are worthless with exception of a few.
I'm not sure I agree that players will gravitate to the guilds with diamond users, any more than they do now. And of course, guilds can only have a max of 80 players. I suppose it's possible that there will be a couple of guilds that have 80 diamond users, but I suspect that after they rushed through the available content they'd all wander off, and their guild would languish.

And I do not agree with your final statement. Here's why: lots of people don't give a hoot about guild rank. They join a guild so their buildings will get polished and they'll have access to a robust market. As long as guilds provide those two features, they'll be far from worthless. I really like our guild. If it were ranked 20th I'd still like it. If it were ranked 1st I'd still like it. I like it because of the people there, and what we accomplish together. Rank means nothing to me, and to at least 50% of our members, I'd guess. :)

The thing I like about the great buildings is that they'll give players something to do with their forge points once they've finished the tech tree. I'm collecting blueprints right now, but even if I get all 9 that I need for a building, I won't spend a single forge point on my GB or anyone else's until I finish the tech tree. So, on Arvahall (full disclosure to readers, I'm in Alwinal's guild) it will be another month or so. On Griefental more like two months. On Cirgard....4 months, maybe.

DeletedUser

Do you get the rewards for each phase or when the construction has reached level 10?

DeletedUser6461

you will get the reward from the 1st level itself. in order to reach the first level, you need 50 F.Ps.

DeletedUser

Perhaps I was unclear, I was talking about supporting other player's great buildings. I don't have one of my own currently.