• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.22 Discussion

DeletedUser17

Hi Guys,

Please leave your thoughts and feedback below:

Announcement Change-log for players:

Hello Kings and Queens,

A Grand and age-changing feature is at hand. With the 0.22 Forge of empires version, that will be implemented on November 28th, comes a long awaited feature: The Great buildings! This feature is accompanied by many bug-fixes and other great features. Please read on for more details. May your plunders be fruitful and your guild members loyal!

New feature: Great buildings

The Great building are a new and exiting feature which allow players to aid their friends and guild members in constructing unique buildings with powerful bonuses. Each Age offers 2 Great buildings the players can erect. Each Great building has 10 levels. The higher the level, the more powerful the Great building bonus becomes. Before you can build a great building you will first have to acquire the 9 separate blueprints.

Blueprints can be acquired through the following actions:
- When a player does a positive social interaction (polishing, motivating), he has a chance to find a blueprint of one of the Great Buildings belonging to the age of the building he just polished.
- When a player plunders a building, via attacking another player, he has a chance to find a BP of one of the Great Buildings belonging to the age of the building he just plundered.
- Players can purchase any specific blueprint they are missing for a Great Building with diamonds (see Construction Screen).
- If a player helps other players constructing a Great Building, he/she can receive blueprints at the end construction phase of this building.

All Blueprints can be viewed in the inventory menu which is located at the bottom left orange "inventory" icon of the screen. (click on the spoiler below)
This is also where you can build the Great buildings.

inventorybp2.png

To help construct a great building, simply visit a city in which a Great building construction is present and click on the Great building. Players who have great buildings have a "castle" icon on the social menu:

visx.png

You can receive bonuses for the help you provide during the construction process.

Have fun exploring and constructing the new Feature!

Bugfix List:

- A tooltip explaining the messaging system was added.
- The Army tool-tip format was improved.
- Blueprint purchase was optimized.
- Internet 10 explorer issues with flash have been resolved.
- Profile goods dropdown menu, displayed on the neighbourhood bar, no longer drop down and are cut off.
- Guild points were displayed as being "0". This was resolved.
- The point score of a player who invited a friend is no longer displayed with "0" points in the friends bar.
- The boosted bar (Right side menu) had small graphical issue, and was fixed.
- Construction completions no longer cause bugs in the trade.
- Player can now correctly leave the guild if they are the only member.
- Trade offers create by "friends" are now visible in the auction-house.
- The "enter" key now works as intended when inviting multiple people in succession.
- It is no longer possible to keep a cultural building polished for more than 12 hours.
- The game no longer crashes after returning to the City after scouting.
- The player's bank(coins/supplies) are now visible while visiting other cities.
- The Event history now displays which building you Motivated/Polished.
- A small Forge point cost bug was fixed, regarding coin purchases.
- unlocking military slots now work as intended.
- When visiting other members the event window froze. This has been fixed.
- Searching for players has been optimized. (Switching to page 1 is no longer needed).
- Your own guild is now highlighted in the guild ranking.
- Slinger range sounds were added.
- Reward tool-tips when players have the exact amount of required resources are now accurate.
- Country flags on the login page are once again displayed.
- The "Send Message" icon was removed in the appropriate menus of the trade window.
- In some cases moving specific buildings no longer crashes the game.
- Adding buff icons for bonus of enemy units in battle panel.
- The Colonial Age contained some sectors that could not be scouted.

Quests:
[Double Research] now provides the appropriate award.
[Win More Support] - Population is now counted.

Thank you very much for all your feedback and posts in the forum. We are very appreciative towards your participation and passion for our game.

Sincerely,

The Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser

The higher the level, the more powerful the Great building bonus becomes.
What's the power?
If you're in LMA, are you able to get previous age new buildings?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6603

Looking forward to these new features being added!

Appreciate all the time and efforts of the Inno Team.

:O)

DeletedUser6589

Can't wait for the great buildings.
:D
I appreciate your great effort in this game.

DeletedUser7137

Very nice, though I was thinking to stop plundering other players...Now I think that would not be such a good idea seeing that a blueprint can be found if you plunder someone..Thanks Inno Team for helping me making the right choice.... ;)

DeletedUser6968

Great job FOE team:)

The game will be more fun to play and will make the guilds an important factor of success.

DeletedUser

What's the power?
If you're in LMA, are you able to get previous age new buildings?

This is a question I'm curious about as well. But other than that this new update brings some pretty exciting changes to Forge of Empires. I've been here since the game was first announced and it keeps getting better and better! Thanks for all the hard work and for keeping it fresh.

DeletedUser2206

This is a question I'm curious about as well. But other than that this new update brings some pretty exciting changes to Forge of Empires. I've been here since the game was first announced and it keeps getting better and better! Thanks for all the hard work and for keeping it fresh.

when you polish/motivate/plunder another player, the blueprint awarded will be for a Great Building of the Age that you polished/motivated/plundered, regardless of what Age YOU are currently in. For example, if you polish a hut, and get a blueprint, that blueprint will be for a Great Building of the Bronze Age, even if YOU are in Colonial Age.

DeletedUser

Very nice, though I was thinking to stop plundering other players...Now I think that would not be such a good idea seeing that a blueprint can be found if you plunder someone..Thanks Inno Team for helping me making the right choice.... ;)

Hey but you can get them as well for supporting... It needn't be plunder! :p

DeletedUser7137

Hey but you can get them as well for supporting... It needn't be plunder! :p

I'd get a better chance if I do both now wouldn't it? lol..

But seriously, how about the odds? Does it gets better if you support/plunder the same player more or if you do it to different players? And would the same player or building gives more than 1 blueprints?

DeletedUser4800

Is the 22 update up yet, because I've polished/motivated/plundered over 50 people and no blueprints. I know from beta I should have gotten at least 2-3 blueprints.

DeletedUser17

Is the 22 update up yet, because I've polished/motivated/plundered over 50 people and no blueprints. I know from beta I should have gotten at least 2-3 blueprints.

With the 0.22 Forge of empires version, that will be implemented on November 28th, comes a long awaited feature: The Great buildings!

The update is not live yet. It will be implemented on November 28th :)

Also @ Erosennim

"When a player plunders a building, via attacking another player, he has a chance to find a BP of one of the Great Buildings belonging to the age of the building he just plundered (lower BP find chance rate than motivating/polishing)."

So motivating still makes more sense than plundering if you are looking for blueprints.

DeletedUser

It will be difficult to get blueprints for early ages in established neighbourhoods if my quick skim read of the details of this new feature is not flawed. Do you get rewarded with bluepints ofbuildings for just the age in question, or blueprints for "the age and any previous ages"?

DeletedUser

Many great improvements, thanks to the whole team behind the curtains!

I'm not sure why this is being implemented, though - can it be seen for any member or within the guild only?

The player's bank(coins/supplies) are now visible while visiting other cities.

My first reaction is that I'm not too happy about this. :confused:

DeletedUser

If it is the same as the beta server then:

Bronze Age Great Buildings:
Statue of Zeus
Requires: 9 blueprint pieces, 40 marble, 50 lumber, 40 dye, 10 stone, 10 wine
Building Size: 2x3

Level 1 Bonus: +5% Military (Attack and Defence) Boost
Level 10 Bonus: +50% Military (Attack and Defence) Boost

Tower of Babel
Requires: 9 blueprint pieces, 20 marble, 10 lumber, 20 dye, 50 stone, 50 wine
Building Size: 4x4

Level 1 Bonus: +60 population & +7 random goods per 24 hours
Level 3 Bonus: +90 population & +9 random goods per 24 hours
Level 4 Bonus: +210 population & +11 random goods per 24 hours
Level 6 Bonus: +420 population & +13 random goods per 24 hours
Level 10 Bonus: +1140 population & +18 random goods per 24 hours
Iron Age Great Buildings:
Colosseum
Requires: 9 blueprint pieces, 50 wool, 60 ebony, 40 jewellery, 70 iron, 80 limestone
Building Size: 6x7

Level 1 bonus: +1000 happiness & +3 medals per 24 hours
Level 10 bonus: +4000 happiness & +15 medals per 24 hours

Lighthouse of Alexandria
Requires: 9 blueprint pieces, 70 wool, 60 ebony, 80 jewellery, 50 iron, 40 limestone
Building Size: 4x4

Level 1 bonus: +60% bonus to the first 40 supplies buildings collected per 24 hours & +8 random goods per 24 hours.
Level 3 bonus: +75% bonus to the first 40 supplies buildings collected per 24 hours & +11 random goods per 24 hours.
Level 6 bonus: +105% bonus to the first 40 supplies buildings collected per 24 hours & +16 random goods per 24 hours.
Level 10 bonus: +145% bonus to the first 40 supplies buildings collected per 24 hours & +21 random goods per 24 hours.
Early Middle Age Great Buildings:
Hagia Sofia
Requires: 9 blueprint pieces, 120 copper, 120 gold, 40 granite, 80 honey, 140 alabaster
Building Size: 7x6

Level 1 Bonus: +1500 Happiness & +1 Forge Point per 24 hours
Level 4 Bonus: +2600 Happiness & +2 Forge Point per 24 hours
Level 10 Bonus: +6400 Happiness & +6 Forge Point per 24 hours

Cathedral of Aachen
Requires: 9 blueprint pieces, 80 copper, 80 gold, 160 granite, 120 honey, 60 alabaster
Building Size: 4x6

Level 1 bonus: +5% Military (Attack and Defence) Boost & +2160 gold per 24 hours
Level 10 bonus: +50% Military (Attack and Defence) Boost & +18950 gold per 24 hours
High Middle Age Great Buildings:
Notre Dame
Requires: 9 blueprint pieces, 220 brick, 100 glass, 180 rope, 110 salt, 140 dried herbs
Building Size: 4x6

Level 1 Bonus: +1000 Happiness & +1210 supplies per 24 hours
Level 10 Bonus: +3900 Happiness & +7240 supplies per 24 hours

Saint Mark's Bassilica
Requires: 9 blueprint pieces, 80 brick, 200 glass, 120 rope, 190 salt, 160 dried herbs
Building Size: 6x6

Level 1 Bonus: +100% bonus to the first 90 houses collected per 24 hours & +10 random goods per 24 hours
Level 10 Bonus: +250% bonus to the first 90 houses collected per 24 hours & +24 random goods per 24 hours
Late Middle Age Great Buildings:
Castel del Monte
Requires: 9 blueprint pieces, 270 basalt, 170 brass, 270 gunpowder, 150 talc powder, 140 silk
Building Size: 5x5

Level 1 Bonus: +5% Military (Attack & Defence) Boost & 1 forge point per 24 hours
Level 2 Bonus: +10% Military (Attack & Defence) Boost & ? forge points per 24 hours
Level 3 Bonus: +15% Military (Attack & Defence) Boost & ? forge points per 24 hours
Level 4 Bonus: +20% Military (Attack & Defence) Boost & ? forge points per 24 hours
Level 5 Bonus: +25% Military (Attack & Defence) Boost & 3 forge points per 24 hours
Level 6 Bonus: +30% Military (Attack & Defence) Boost & ? forge points per 24 hours
Level 7 Bonus: +35% Military (Attack & Defence) Boost & ? forge points per 24 hours
Level 8 Bonus: +40% Military (Attack & Defence) Boost & ? forge points per 24 hours
Level 9 Bonus: +45% Military (Attack & Defence) Boost & ? forge points per 24 hours
Level 10 Bonus: +50% Military (Attack & Defence) Boost & 6 forge points per 24 hours

Saint Basil's Cathedral
Requires: 9 blueprint pieces, 130 basalt, 230 brass, 130 gunpowder, 250 talc powder, 260 silk

Level 1 Bonus: +10% Defence (Only) bonus & +4220 gold per 24 hours
Level 10 Bonus: +100% Defence (Only) bonus & +28870 gold per 24 hours
Colonial Age Great Buildings:
Deal Castle
Requires: 9 blueprint pieces, 340 wire, 210 tar, 180 porcelain, 230 coffee, 290 paper
Building Size: 7x7

Level 1 Bonus: +10% Defence (Only) Boost & +34 medals per 24 hours
Level 10 Bonus: +100% Defence (Only) Boost & +196 medals per 24 hours

Frauenkirche of Dresden
Requires: 9 blueprint pieces, 160 wire, 290 tar, 320 porcelain, 270 coffee, 210 paper

Level 1 Bonus: +1500 Happiness & +4 random goods per 24 hours
Level 10 Bonus: +5200 Happiness & +11 random goods per 24 hours

Things to note:
  • If you motivate/polish/plunder a building then there is a random chance you will receive a blueprint; blueprints given this way are of the same age as the building motivated/polished/plundered.
  • If you donate forge points to a great building and you are one of the highest donators when it gets enough forge points to reach the next level then you will get rewarded with blueprint(s) from that great building, medals and/or forge points (the forge point rewards can be found in your inventory).
  • You can get multiple copies of the same blueprint.
  • If you build a great building and have duplicate blueprints (or subsequently get duplicates) the great building no longer appears in your inventory; however you still retain the blueprints even if you cannot see them.
  • You can build multiple great buildings (but not multiple copies of the same one).
  • You can get blueprints of a great building from an age you have not reached by polishing/motivating buildings of that age or by spending FP on someone else's copy of that great building.
  • You can build great buildings of an age you haven't reached IF you can pay the goods cost.
  • Great Buildings need to be connected to a road.
  • Great buildings do not consume population.
  • Level 10 is the maximum level for a great building.
  • If you sell a Great Building you get nothing back (no blueprints, forge points or goods)
  • If you collect forge points from a great building (as a daily bonus) and you already have 10 then they are lost.
  • Goods producing Great Buildings produce random goods from your current age.
  • Defence boost buildings boost your units' defence statistic (only) when they are defending in your town.
  • Military boost buildings boost your units' attack and defence statistics when attacking (other people's towns or map sectors) and not when defending your town.
  • Military and Defence boost buildings stack (so with three level 10 military boost great buildings and two level 10 defence boost great buildings you can get +150% when attacking and +350% when defending).

DeletedUser

Then you must be lucky (or I'm unlucky) as I've had about 9 days of polishing/motivating 75 people per day on the beta server and have only found one blueprint. I've got another 9 blueprints through spending forge points to boost other people's great buildings but in my experience you very rarely get blueprints from polishing/motivating.

DeletedUser

It will be difficult to get blueprints for early ages in established neighbourhoods if my quick skim read of the details of this new feature is not flawed. Do you get rewarded with bluepints ofbuildings for just the age in question, or blueprints for "the age and any previous ages"?

If you motivate/polish a building then you have a random chance to get blueprints of a great building from the same age as that building. (Stone Age buildings give nothing).

DeletedUser6968

A bit confused with the levels of the Great Buildings...How do one upgrade the lvl of a great building once it his build ?
Thanks.

DeletedUser

This is going to make the game more exciting. Yes, good incentive to be in a guild, too. Extra polish/motivate opportunities, but Martynius, is it true that you rarely find blueprints from polishing/motivating?