• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Changelog 0.22 Discussion

DeletedUser

The comparison is not between this site and other sites but whether the effect of diamonds has been enhanced in mid-course putting the non-diamond players at a greater disadvantage than had previously been the case. I use diamonds. I love diamonds. Diamonds are in my head when I go to sleep at night.

So long as the relative value of diamonds is held constant with each new feature that is diamond enabled there is no concern. Can you not acknowledge that changing the value of diamonds after some persons (not myself) have invested great amounts of time believing that the relative value of diamonds would not change dramatically might have a beef? It seems like the attitude of the mods here is one challenging those players to leave and find something better.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The fact is that this game would not have survived without the non-premium players. Naturally you (Innogames) would not have survived without the premium players. There is a lot more players who have purchased once(me for example) and those that are not bought diamonds rather than those who are buying regulary.
This game is what it is thanks to the large number of players.
You say that it is still in beta?
Whether it will ever come out of beta if large numbers of non-premium players stop playing this game?

After the latest update (0.22) this could happen.

Premium players absolutely should have an advantage, but not this much!

Bye, bye.

DeletedUser276

My, my it does seem the mods have been quite defensive today.

because I have pages of the same players complaining about the same thing. I cant change anything with a snap of my fingers. And yet people are dogging the same point over and over and over and over... disregarding what is said to them in almost any form. Yes its frustrating.

The comparison is not between this site and other sites but whether the effect of diamonds has been enhanced in mid-course putting the non-diamond players at a greater disadvantage than had previously been the case. I use diamonds. I love diamonds. Diamonds are in my head when I go to sleep at night.

As stated money makes the world go round. However we cannot change things till we see the impact on things. As the game progresses the diamond expenses will be evaluated and adjusted later.... wait I said all this before.. again something people arnt reading.. (1 tick to the frustration list)

So long as the relative value of diamonds is held constant with each new feature that is diamond enabled there is no concern. Can you not acknowledge that changing the value of diamonds after some persons (not myself) have invested great amounts of time believing that the relative value of diamonds would not change dramatically might have a beef?

I have always said the value of diamonds will change... ALWAYS since April. Just as the costs of buildings ingame changes with certain updates to either make them more appealing or a deterrant to try and balance out the buildings ingame.

It seems like the attitude of the mods here is one challenging those players to leave and find something better.

actually yah a bit. I figure if players see what kind of landslide advantages they see on other sites in comparison to here they might actually take things into perspective and consider this is a new game and new features require time to get balanced.

Do I hate non diamond buyers? heck no do I love diamond buyers... well a bit as they pay for the site. But I will treat each person the same regardless of who they are. Its a benifit to have non diamond buyers which is why the subscription idea will never work as it will scare them away.

Surge

Brigadier-General
Yes, it's THAT time of the development cycle AGAIN.

Let me remind you, the guys who hold a grudge against the diamond buyers, the people who support and make this game FREE for you to play, this: your average Joe is not going to spend 1,600 Diamonds on the other 8 missing blueprints. Your average Joe is not going to spend an extra 181,500 Diamonds, ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY ONE THOUSAND, FIVE HUNDRED DIAMONDS, on accelerating the construction of a Colonial Age Great Building from absolute zero to level ten. You know how much money that'd take? Try 1,537.35 United States Dollars, or 1,182.92 Euros, taking the maximum 13,000-D best value transaction. As I heard, that's even more than buying and spending enough diamonds to fill up the tech tree from start to finish.

And suppose it's not even level 10, let's say 5. May I present the new 409.96 Dollar Bill, or 315.44 Euro Paper. I can't believe you guys think every diamond buyer would absolutely LOVE to waste that much money on just ONE SINGLE BUILDING. This is the most absurd anti-diamond argument I have ever seen on this forum to this day. I am not even going to bother touching on the details of choice and time/speed.

DeletedUser1176

About the production of GB, do you need to collect it like other buildings production or it is added to your inventory automatically?

If so, then, if I quit the game for lets say, 3 months.. when I come back, all the production will be accumulated there?

DeletedUser276

I have the Lighthouse and each day I have to collect it just like goods buildings :)

DeletedUser276

There is no difference between if its a guild mate or a stranger. The only thing that could be construed as a difference is someone in your guild will help you out rather than a stranger who thanks you for leveling up his great building and running with it without giving back once you build a GB yourself.

DeletedUser

when a great building says you get goods from the 'current age' does this mean the age you are in or the age the building is from?
for example the lighthouse is an iron age building but will it give colonial age goods?

DeletedUser276

it gives up to the age your in. So if your in colonial it will give you up to colonial goods. If your in Iron Age it will give you up to Iron Age goods :)

DeletedUser

Well Blacksmith has convinced me to wait and see whether or not GB's take too long for players to get BP's for without diamonds. Because there will eventually be a ton of great building and constant chances for new BP's by donating to great buildings. Its already how I'm in the process of getting Deal Castle.

Having read all your moderators arguments though I still think these buildings are imbalanced. Even ignoring the diamond aspect of it Deal Castle gives a preposterous defensive bonus to any player and by level 2 or 3 it will impossible to successfully attack their defenses if they use dragoon or grenadiers. This allows plundering with impunity. Even if your guild kicks you for complaints they still can't attack you and your position is unchanged. Attacking better players is hard enough in this game, eventually this will make it impossible.

I think the defensive bonus to armies is a terrible idea and should be changed. I don't see how it adds to the games playability. It creates barriers to PvP between players. People are going to despise the first time they accidentally attack a defensive GB player. Why make players go through that?

DeletedUser6461

I have a Cathedral of Aachen in 1st level. In the contributor's reward it say only 5 forge points and 7 medals?
Where is the blue print? is it a bug? shall i report to admin?

DeletedUser276

depends what rank they were in when the tower leveled up. The tower must level before you get your rewards for boosting with fp :) the different the level the different the rewards as well as where in the rankings they came in.

Having read all your moderators arguments though I still think these buildings are imbalanced. Even ignoring the diamond aspect of it Deal Castle gives a preposterous defensive bonus to any player and by level 2 or 3 it will impossible to successfully attack their defenses if they use dragoon or grenadiers. This allows plundering with impunity. Even if your guild kicks you for complaints they still can't attack you and your position is unchanged. Attacking better players is hard enough in this game, eventually this will make it impossible.

I think the defensive bonus to armies is a terrible idea and should be changed. I don't see how it adds to the games playability. It creates barriers to PvP between players. People are going to despise the first time they accidentally attack a defensive GB player. Why make players go through that?

The defense is for when they attack only. So they can be attacked and the bonus wont be effective at that point. Plus the only bonus it gives is 10% which when looking at the points of the units isnt much. The defensive stat of a Ranger for example varies depending on what unit is fighting against it, but the general defense of it is 35 points. With a 10% bonus thats 38 points which when looking at the 40 that a grenadier has to begin with isnt that much of an increase. Then when attacked by a grenadier their defensive stats drop to 25 without the bonus and 27 with the bonus.

I dont see how thats too strong?

DeletedUser

As things are now, Deal Castle is one of the most useless GB for, yes agressive players...

One simple reason. Players that can build Deal Castle usually are so advanced, that even without this bonus, it have very few "natural enemies" - so spending so much FP to get protected from 1 max 2 plunders (if any) a day is a mu point. This would be a good building for peaceful diamond users (are they any? :lol:) since they can "win tournaments" and expand cities without even fight in PvP.

Of course this would change if in the future would be implemented a paralel tournament (like world wars) where "top dog" players from different "hoods" would join a separate tournament, of cracking eachother skulls with Castel del Monte, Deal Castle and post Industrial Age units... Against little guys in the "hood" ? - bad investment...

Once people start getting either a Statue of Zeus, a Cathedral of Aachen or a Castel del Monte up to level 8-10 then a LMA attacker should be able to go toe-to-toe with a CA defender who has no defensive GBs and reduce their losses (especially since the AI is not that good). Having a defensive boost (even if it only gives a boost to the defender's defence) will mitigate this. Less than a week into having GBs, on Cirgard, we have three Cathedral of Aachen built within my guild: two with diamonds and one WITHOUT diamonds (lots and lots of FP bought instead) - we also have two Deal Castles (almost certain both bought with diamonds but it won't be long before we get some built without diamonds off the back of upgrading the other two) so they are being built.

Also, you are forgetting the existing benefit of medals - extra expansions. I've bought the 2000 medal expansion and am most of the way to having the medals saved up for the 3000 medal expansion but if I had an income of 1372 medals a week without doing anything plus 400+ medals from battles then even the 6000 medal expansion will only take a month and that would give me a lot of extra room in my town - and that is very valuable.

DeletedUser7768

Oh well.. still on 1 bp piece after start.. Since i Motivate/polish/plunder littel over 100 players per day this is just plain stupid.. Dont tell me this BP are so random...

It can be also that i am the first in my neighburhood.. so i am more unlucky then other.. :mad::mad:

DeletedUser

I play on A, C, and G. I've been polishing all 80 members of my guild daily, and attacking at least half of each neighborhood daily. I haven't seen a blueprint since Thursday.

In my opinion, the drop rate is too low. No way am I spending diamonds to buy 8 more blueprints. I might buy one or at most two to complete a set. But (again, IMO) if the developers released this as a means to get players to buy more diamonds, then it may be backfiring. I'm so irked I'm not planning to buy any more diamonds at all, and will probably just walk away in a few weeks, once I spend my current stash of them.

DeletedUser3157

In the formula/odds to find a BP, is there any sort of varieble which either diminishes over some period of time or number of searching actions taken? Or the odds stay constant all the time?

DeletedUser

On the beta server, I've got 7 of 9 unique pieces of the Library of Alexandria (and two duplicated once and one duplicated thrice) - that has taken me about 4 weeks of polishing & motivating 80 people a day (which got me 2 unique pieces and 1 duplicate plus some pieces of the Colosseum and a few others from different ages when IA buildings weren't available) and spending several bucket-loads of forge points on other peoples copies of it to get me the other 9 blueprints. I don't care that it has so far taken me about a month (when I could have done it in a day with diamonds); I just think that in the end I will get the satisfaction to know I worked HARD to get it and very few other people will have got there (instead they give up and whine that it's too hard and can't the developers make it easier or just hand it to us on a silver platter). After all none of the real-life buildings were built in a day.

I will say that I would never be this far along with polishing & motivating alone and it is FAR more effective to spend forge points on someone elses (especially when the later levels can give you 2 or 3 pieces as rewards); so be grateful to the people who spend money to buy them with diamonds as it will make your life so much easier.

DeletedUser

On the beta server, I've got 7 of 9 unique pieces of the Library of Alexandria (and two duplicated once and one duplicated thrice) - that has taken me about 4 weeks of polishing & motivating 80 people a day (which got me 2 unique pieces and 1 duplicate plus some pieces of the Colosseum and a few others from different ages when IA buildings weren't available) and spending several bucket-loads of forge points on other peoples copies of it to get me the other 9 blueprints. I don't care that it has so far taken me about a month (when I could have done it in a day with diamonds); I just think that in the end I will get the satisfaction to know I worked HARD to get it and very few other people will have got there (instead they give up and whine that it's too hard and can't the developers make it easier or just hand it to us on a silver platter). After all none of the real-life buildings were built in a day.

I will say that I would never be this far along with polishing & motivating alone and it is FAR more effective to spend forge points on someone elses (especially when the later levels can give you 2 or 3 pieces as rewards); so be grateful to the people who spend money to buy them with diamonds as it will make your life so much easier.
If I'm understanding your math right, you got 10 total in four weeks. On one world. On three worlds, all with 80 member guilds, and 50+ neighborhoods, with me being extremely active daily, I have a total of 5, for 5 different buildings. Three of these I got the first day. I have not received a single blueprint since Thursday (it's now Monday).