• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Guild Vs Guild Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

knycknac

Private
In fact a shield from the 24 hours on taking sector is best idea
but maybe re calc at 26 hour intervals means it is different times daily
which also means that there will be a little gap time that guilds need to cover and makes it more suitable
for all times zones over a 12 day period as en is supposed to be INTL server

DeletedUser115071

4 hour resets will make it more balanced towards the high end guilds which hold around 80% of the land on maps.
The same people who are whinning here about it being bad. What strategy is to take 80% of the land and reshield sectors with 20-30 people everyday from keeping guilds and players to even play, disgusting.
People also that don't have SAM, should just reasearch the tree, if they don't like the waiting game, they should try another game.

The thing about the spears also needs to be fixed... GvG power should be given for what troops you have in your defense, not how many trees that sector has... That is a balance that should have been fixed a long time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think you should try the 4hr recalcs,the ability to move hq and freedom grants
as said removing BA units is stupid as I can use rogs or archers,it aint gonna make any difference in peoples pts scoring,,its supposed to be All Ages
the farming thing another side of it someone who holds lots of sectors could just siege some sectors(with rogs) take it and fill with rogs,release it game changes them to Mars units nice max pts on auto,a never ending cycle
the AA map on Rugnir brand new contained FE units as DAs,i suppose original inventer hardcored those in at the time

4 hour resets will make it more balanced towards the high end guilds which hold around 80% of the land on maps.
The same people who are whinning here about it being bad. What strategy is to take 80% of the land and reshield sectors with 20-30 people everyday from keeping guilds and players to even play, disgusting.
People also that don't have SAM, should just reasearch the tree, if they don't like the waiting game, they should try another game.

The thing about the spears also needs to be fixed... GvG power should be given for what troops you have in your defense, not how many trees that sector has... That is a balance that should have been fixed a long time ago.

Completely agree.

"What strategy is to take 80% of the land and reshield sectors with 20-30 people everyday from keeping guilds and players to even play"
No strategy - or brains - needed at all. GVG is all about being as many fighters as possible around at reset to reshield sectors and to click madly on auto battle to capture sectors. Don't even need good fighting skills to do that. Just need a lot of players skilled at fast clicking.

"GvG power should be given for what troops you have in your defense, not how many trees that sector has"
Yes, it should :-)
Forward this idea to dev's, please

Last edited:

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Hahaha :D After more than 5 years in this game I really don't feel very incompetent. On the contrary. But thanks for the insult.
Not many players or guilds are "incompetent", as you keep calling them. They are just smaller and less experienced than the "big guys".
A lot of (new) players in low eras and smaller young guilds are eager to join gvg. But they can't. If they try, they're are wiped away instantly.
It takes months of stocking troops and goods, leveling GBs and increasing military boosts, before new players are able to set a foot in gvg.
We have to find a way to make gvg more easily accessible for all players, newbies and oldies and everyone in between.
ok maybe i am to harsh with you with insults but my opinion is still that this your suggestion isn't best option (and i would tell that to anybody) your opinion is that someones effort should be deleted cause others cant compete with them??? Then lets make new rules for gvg... maps get reset at the end of each month BUT at the end of each month guilds and their members get rewards for holding certain spots on them and not that some guild spend millions of goods and then map get reseted cause others are incompetent to compete with them... and reward for holding top spot at the end of month in gvg should be really nice cause it isnt easy and it isnt cheap to do it.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
With the 4 hours turnover people are afraid that ghost will kick big establish guilds of the map
With a delay for attacking sectors there is the fear that established guilds will rule the map (which they in a way already do)
Does the combination of the 2 not result in what is wanted?

Adding delays for attacking a sector seem to me a perfect parameter that can be tweaked in all kind of ways to find a balanced solution.
For instance the delay could only start after a player did X attacks. So that a guild is still able to quickly take 1 sector with a coordinated attack (and bigger guilds more sectors). While a small gosth guild with limited number of players would need to wait giving the defenders time to stop them.
If the ghost guild is with so many they do have enough members to take over a well defended sector is it then still a ghost guild? Or would that be considered as fair GvG gameplay.

Adding delays could also be a solution to counter a tactic I just read about and that is percieved to be unfair.
The one where guilds release and conquer LZ just after the reset, to make sure no-one can hit them during the rest of the day.
They still would be able todo that with some of the sectors (nothing wrong with that). Just not longer with all of them.

It also does not have to be a timer for the delay. Just to give another altarnative it is also possible to limit the number of attacks on the GVG map (not really like that). Think that will also limit the effect of ghost clearing a map with a 4 hour reset. They would be able todo some damage and then will have to wait untill the next reset to get more attack turns and thus a delay is added slowing them down.
wich era you are? you obviously cant picture to yourself how it looks in higher eras and how impossible taking sectors would be with what you are sugesting if calc stay on current format and if they make calcs every 4 hours then mess would be even bigger cause ghost take your sector for 25 goods and then you need to take it back for 2000 goods in one siege or if you need more than one it would be 4k or 6k or more, you alone dont understand what you are talking about, you are progressive era or below or your gvg expiience is below month otherwise you even wouldnt say something like this.

knycknac

Private
i have just thought of another wonderful idea that will make GvG interesting and make shield issue interesting
each guild is given 1 shield removal per day for every 10 members it has up to a max of 4 per map

now this will stop ghosting guilds/players having an advantage
this will give all established long term guilds a shot at those guilds that release and retake sectors and tie up maps

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
i have just thought of another wonderful idea that will make GvG interesting and make shield issue interesting
each guild is given 1 shield removal per day for every 10 members it has up to a max of 4 per map

now this will stop ghosting guilds/players having an advantage
this will give all established long term guilds a shot at those guilds that release and retake sectors and tie up maps

Mighty ghost will be couple of fighters with bunch of BA players

DeletedUser

it would be totaly wrong to handicap a Maverick or ghoster in a guild of 1 if he/she beats a guild of 20 players,its not his/her fault if the other guild is naff or asleep,imo they should be given more advantage to make gvg more interesting,anything that helps peeps have a go at established guilds is wots needed,if the established guild cant afford goods ect they shouldnt have so many sectors,,most peeps you try to get interested in gvg say it looks boring with 1/2 guilds holding all the sectors
hoping the 4hr recalcs will help,some peeps in big guildswill have to have less sleep defending their sectors

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah but for this...they don't have to do GVG...."each guild is given 1 shield removal per day for every 10 members it has up to a max of 4 per map"
In GE costs and % are per member that’s able to participate. BA can be in a guild and have no bearing on the final results of a guild competition

If the suggestion of per 10 members were to happen then previous precedence is the best indicator of how it’d be implemented. BA can’t participate so it makes no sense for them to have any influence on GvG

So if you’re intending BA players to be included in effecting any suggestions you make it’d be prudent to mention that in the post of the suggestion given current mechanics would have BA players excluded by default. Otherwise you’d be relying on the assumption if implemented they wouldn’t do so under any established rules of GvG out of the ones that haven’t been set to change

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
I personally do not like the change... what stops a high player that is already in SAM to put 64 low era troops , release the sector and then from what you wrote , his troops in sector would become SAM and he takes it back ... he would again for sure accumulate a lot of points by doing that and would only loos lowe era tropps that he actually doesn't need lol

Edit: i mean on AA map

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Only one good change is focus on the last intersected sector ... so that if after every manual attack i don't need to scroll to find a attack in progress:-)

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer
I personally do not like the change... what stops a high player that is already in SAM to put 64 low era troops , release the sector and then from what you wrote , his troops in sector would become SAM and he takes it back ... he would again for sure accumulate a lot of points by doing that and would only loos lowe era tropps that he actually doesn't need lol

Edit: i mean on AA map

If someone wants to farm, they will find a way to do it, even with champs. E.g. Two farmers fill their tiles with champs, at reset they take each other tiles, since there is no dropping involved the change will not impact them in anyway in any map.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
If someone wants to farm, they will find a way to do it, even with champs. E.g. Two farmers fill their tiles with champs, at reset they take each other tiles, since there is no dropping involved the change will not impact them in anyway in any map.
Yep ... one more exploit found lol ... maybe we shouldn't point them out lol ...

If inno team didn't think on thta ... why should we give it out for free ... they have people that work for money and it is there job to find things like that lol !!!

DeletedUser110180

why not reduce ghosting, by increasing the siege costs for the first 5 sectors

we need to remove the notifications of HC rewards when in GvG. its annoying to be fighting a sector and having to cancel these notifications all the time
You get payouts from your HC ....so you’re the one that is getting them.....lol

DeletedUser

siege costs are ok as they are,make it more costly to fill a sector with DAs is wots needed lol

DeletedUser108241

Nothing wrong with GvG..... granted a few fine tuning tweaks here and there would be nice..... but fundamentally it is ok as it is. I see no reason to change it at all.
It would make more sense to get the Battleground feature up and running first before any decision is made re GvG.

Nothing wrong with GvG..... granted a few fine tuning tweaks here and there would be nice..... but fundamentally it is ok as it is. I see no reason to change it at all.
It would make more sense to get the Battleground feature up and running first before any decision is made re GvG.

Seriously? … A lot of things are wrong with GvG
1. GvG is mostly accessible for a few strong guilds with a lot of fighters and an endless stock of troops and goods
2. Most of the fighting happens one time a day around recalc.
3. GvG is used as the main source for point farming.
… to mention a few of the main problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.