• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Guild Vs Guild Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Legend
Are spears totally out of AA ?
Please tell me that it will no longer be possible to set a siege with spears, this would be a superb improvement.
Right at this moment? Nope.

Planned for the future? Yes for now. The announcement was to gauge player opinion on the proposed changes before they are applied

More specifically if they go through with the changes listed it’d prevent any Bronze Age units from being used in GvG. You can’t access GvG until Iron Age anyway so it doesn’t lock anyone out that wouldn’t already be unable to participate.
0D24CDB1-D2E7-4515-9050-236FE0823476.jpeg

DeletedUser115549

IMO if INNO really want to change the status quo the only way to go is to reduce the prices massively. As long as a guild need more farmers that fighters to sustain then actually nothing significant will change. Because now even there are many that want to fight guild leaders will be hard to convince to grant rights because guild treasury will run low very soon. At this moment I do not see GvG maps full of shields so the recalculating is not the limiting step, but prices because even now many guilds with many players simply can not afford GvG. And even in guilds that can there is needed more farmers than fighters for support. And yes ghosting is damaging because of high prices: if a guild loses a sector in which it invest 1000 of each goods is really painful, but if the investment is only several dozen goods, well that is not so painful. Also this will move the weight from guilds to players so amend the first major flaw of this feature.
So in conclusion: if there is a will for a real change and make GvG more popular, very low prices is the key.

Last edited by a moderator:

LastWarrior

Brigadier-General
Thankyou for the reply it looks very promising if spears are totally going to be removed from AA , great job go for it asap.

DeletedUser103858

Better way to address ghost guilding rather than increasing siege costs which wouldn't address AA map, would be to not allow guilds with less than 3 members to participate in GvG (same as GE guild tournaments) and a GvG actions ban for 7 days when changing guilds.

I believe to remove protections on new sectors after just 4 hours will force 1 of 3 things:
1: players will have to allow FOE and GvG take over their entire lives (not likely)
or
2: GvG in its entirety will lose all strategy and just become a free for all smash up (likely but everyone will soon get bored of it)
or
3: Will kill GvG seeing many FOE players leave the game for good (most likely and will also be what happens for option 2 eventually)

I had a feeling when Battlegrounds was announced that Inno was after doing away with GvG in its current form, these announced changes just confirms it to me that clearly Inno wants it gone, and its also clear that Inno feel the best way to do that is to destroy it without being obvious about it.

DeletedUser115549

Or option most probable 4) It will actually change nothing.
Just look on maps. How many sectors are now under shield protection? Not so many. In some cases about 20%. So changing the refresh rate will not change the status quo. The ones that for several days will do some damage will run out of goods too fast because GBs for guild collects once per day (and how many donate for guilds treasury?) and so the guilds that now are on top can compete and will recover faster.
Will be, maybe some days of trouble then the actual status quo will remain unchanged.

DeletedUser115121

If I read this correctly isn't Inno basically making AA sectors Mars Troops only? if NPC's are being replaced with highest era troops ..
furthermore a little investment in a few newer T1 Servers with Gigabyte connections and hey presto .. No Lag

a Better suggestion would be 8 hour calcs and introduce new worlds which are region specific so US players can play in US worlds, NZ, Asia and Aus could play in their own Worlds, Europe could play in their own World the same for South America and Africa and allow current players to leave their present worlds and migrate their cities intact to those new worlds on a once only basis or stay if they so wish in their present world

and update the game so it can be played fully from ios and android

DeletedUser

I believe even if they would want to fix guild wars they would need to start almost the whole project again from scratch since author Anwar has passed away.

That unfortunately is correct, as the current developers do not appear to be of the same quality as Anwar :(

DeletedUser

I might be going against popular opinion here, but I'm excited to see the new rules roll out. I think it'll make more PC players engaged in GvG, when relaxing the once per day calculation bottle neck. Also I think GvG rank will be more determined by fighting and strategy rather than superfast clicking for sieges/placing defs and whether the map is behaving that day. It will be much harder for top guilds to hold rank, so it's more egalitarian in that sense.

May you tongue turn black Hoss :)

Players, who have spent years building up strong cities, large stocks, high ranks and social relationships with other players on the international server, are not just going to start all over from scratch on a local server just to be able to … play gvg at a more convenient time of day.

DeletedUser

Bah! All this whining from a small handful of top gvg guilds, who will no longer be able to sit forever on large chunks of land on all maps. That's kind of one of the points with the new changes.

Not really, any small guild that may be lucky enough to land will only have a max of 4 hrs to fully defend instead of 24 hrs, this scenario is hardly beneficial to any small guild. the large guilds will only take them back, none of these changes actually take into account the fact that GvG has so many bugs, an entomologist would be proud of it.

So realistically the most sensible cause of action would be to fix the current issues, then look to make any game changes if required, the current approach to this is butt about face.

If the current developers do not have the knowledge to interpret the existing code, it is then illogical to suggest making any changes to the current system, what needs to happen is for them to take the time to rewrite GvG, then they can be more effective at keeping it going and moving forward, rather than attempting to patch a system they don't understand.

DeletedUser

Right at this moment? Nope.

Planned for the future? Yes for now. The announcement was to gauge player opinion on the proposed changes before they are applied

More specifically if they go through with the changes listed it’d prevent any Bronze Age units from being used in GvG. You can’t access GvG until Iron Age anyway so it doesn’t lock anyone out that wouldn’t already be unable to participate.

i'd like to stand up for the gallant fearless Spearman,the idea to get rid of him is st*pid in my book,as others have said archers would or even rogs do lol
on Rugnir a few months ago we had a training sector on AA for complete beginners to practice on full of spears easy to set up and quick,the tiny peeps wouldnt have taken part if the sector had higher age units in it,so any idea of something like that introducing beginners to gvg would be lost
anything that changes status of the big fat guilds is good like 4hr calcs more fighting the better we may get more peeps interested in gvg,

DeletedUser

lol why bother just bin GvG and get GbG on in its place

GvG can be real fun if you do it the right way,GbG farmville battlefields? lol if they dont have personal rewards included in it not that many will do it,most peeps just do GE for the rewards

DeletedUser

yeah i think main reason some peeps want rid of fearless Spear is they dont get many pts for killing them,rogs will leave a worst taste lol,,,most peeps have thousands,handy,,,,spear/archer/rog they all take same time to die!

Blitz Epidemic

Warrant Officer
There are some commenting about how great these new rules will be, how new strategies will develop...obviously they are clueless. There is no such thing as strategy when you need to defend, or can attack, 6 times a day. It is just mayhem, bloodshed and a few CC users wasting a few hundred thousand a month buying troop packets.

Agent327

Overlord
There are some commenting about how great these new rules will be, how new strategies will develop...obviously they are clueless. There is no such thing as strategy when you need to defend, or can attack, 6 times a day. It is just mayhem, bloodshed and a few CC users wasting a few hundred thousand a month buying troop packets.

That is a strategy.

Yes, mayhem and blodshed without strategy all day long for everyone to take part in. It's gonna be beautiful. Much more fun than the current auto battle and r&r rush around recalc for only a few top guilds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.