• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Guild Vs Guild Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser12400

Well just leave it as it is and fix all the current bugs, I am sure most of us would be more than happy with that approach:)
Try to get a real count of how many players think GvG needs fix
Fix GvG? what is exactly is broken in GvG?
I believe even if they would want to fix guild wars they would need to start almost the whole project again from scratch since author Anwar has passed away. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

my solution would be
Reduce Point Farming Profitability
GvG battles don't give ranking points anymore

because it is still GvG
not: ranking points farm

:rolleyes:

or maybe as 2nd bonus for Star Gazer
x battles in GvG have a y% chance to give ranking points
:lol:

DeletedUser10694

Synopsis:

So let me see. I land and take 2 sectors either side of HQ (3 so far), then I take another in front of HQ & move HQ, then take another say 2 sectors (6 so far). 4 hrs later I take another 3 sectors (9 so far), then i do the same again for the remaining 3 goes, each with 3 sectors a go, so that's (18 sectors in 24hrs) and a depth of at least 8 sectors inland. That's the minimum number of possible sectors, more are quite possible.

So from the attacked guilds point of view who say held say 25 sectors (expensive holding), they are left with 7 sectors and a massive loss of goods and troops, all of which they would try and regain at the same cost again.

Problems:

Vast numbers of troops would need to be used to regain the land and add defences (though would there be any point?)
Vast quantities of goods would need to be used to carry out above work (bankruptcy almost certain after a few days)

Solutions:

1 - Get rid of the two game designers for gross incompetence
2 - Invest your money and effort into improving you IT infrastructure instead of using 28.8K modems and 386 CPU servers (reduces lag)

Agent327

Overlord
I wish to ask the game designers to consider changing this feature to allow everyone to access it on their devices. This will increase the participation of players using GvG.

Good to see you have thoroughly read the announcements. What part of that it will never happen did you not understand?

Last edited:
I might be going against popular opinion here, but I'm excited to see the new rules roll out. I think it'll make more PC players engaged in GvG, when relaxing the once per day calculation bottle neck. Also I think GvG rank will be more determined by fighting and strategy rather than superfast clicking for sieges/placing defs and whether the map is behaving that day. It will be much harder for top guilds to hold rank, so it's more egalitarian in that sense.

DeletedUser109087

Inno promised not to remove GvG. They didnt promise not to nerf it :) changing the timer to 4hr is a trivial change I suspect. they wont spend serious money on the feature

So ... we will soon have 2 GvG. GvG Battleground and GvG Playground

use the playground to annoy others, get your fight total up, but achieve little else. even if inno dont nerf GvG, guilds will still focus on battlegrounds I think, as doing that as well as GE is about the limit for most people.

if Inno want to be helpful, also add an AID ALL button, to reduce some of the workload of playing this game

DeletedUser96901

6 times the action (every 4 instead of 24 hours) is the opposite of nefing :P

it will be so much action that is even too much for people with a level 110 Alca and more than 500/300 attack boost :lol:

DeletedUser115549

IMO the GvG feature is flawed from start, not as much as design, but as principle:
1) The fight is between guilds, but battles are done by players
2) All guilds from a world compete in a single map that is the same in time
So those flaws can not be solved just by improvements. Now we are in some state of equilibrium and the proposed improvements will just set another. Not much better that actual. Because of 1 the rate of participating players will not improve, because few players can do that (need rights, army, boosts). And because affects the guild too much, few decisions is made without consent of leaders... so a chain of weakness. Also few players get motivated by the rewards GvG give.
GE is a much more balanced and avoid pitfalls of 1&2.
So IMO there is nothing there to improve.
The point farming will actual be more enhanced than now using the AA map: put a siege with a IA army, defeat defenders, the IA army become DA, put another IA as DA, free sector, the IA army become SMA army with much more points, in 4 hours can be attached again. Rinse and repeat. :)

Ceban

Brigadier-General
6 times the action (every 4 instead of 24 hours) is the opposite of nefing :P

it will be so much action that is even too much for people with a level 110 Alca and more than 500/300 attack boost :lol:
If you do some basic math you will see that even alcatraz level 200 is small if you will do real fighting every 4 hours AND REAL SIEGEING but i presume you are used to others sieging sectors instead of you.

DeletedUser96901

why do you need to siege every 4 hours

can't you keep your sectors ?

DeletedUser117526

There's too much negativity about this change on here. I think it's a great change. Currently, all the fighting is done within the first 30 minutes after reset, and then every border is locked up and there is nothing more that can be done until reset next day, where it happens again. If, like me, you have family and reset is bad, or you live in the US / Canada, or in east Asia, you never get to join in with GvG. This will open up GvG to an additional 10-15 players in my guild - which is 20-30%. That's huge. It will make it far more tactical, far more about attrition, and yes people are complaining that you'll run out of troops, but that surely is a positive thing. I currently have several thousand troops because I can't really do anything with them! If you don't want to run out, use restraint!

DeletedUser115549

Tombo224, True.
But GvG is also about treasury goods... So very soon your guild will be bankrupted...
Very few will afford to put more than 2 DA.
These changes only will make GvG more active for some days, weeks, then will stall as it is now in a some status quo.

Bah! All this whining from a small handful of top gvg guilds, who will no longer be able to sit forever on large chunks of land on all maps. That's kind of one of the points with the new changes.

Last edited:

knycknac

Private
Exactly part of the point
Many players have inventories that are full of troops -- so this will give you more opportunities to use them and going gung ho from the start will reduce you to be inefficent in a couple of weeks or less -- so strategy needed - remmeber laying 10 sieges in a 4 hour period will cost you 80 troops do this 3 times a day and that is 240 troops

So Inno have come up with a way of lowering troop count and then by going mad when battlegrounds come out guess what you will be so low in troops that you might not be able to play.

On a similar issue many made comments about large inventories of buildings etc and they introduced the antique dealer which will lower that inventory and from my experience of it in Beta and from the choices you have daily you can get special event buildings for sets -- upgrades etc and yet we will still have players complaining about the cost etc.

This is good -- who are the main moaners the high end players of high end guilds as they are the ones that are more likely to lose out -- yes i have a high end traz -- yes i am active in GvG -- yes i will have to look at new strategies -- i see some guilds just release sectors just before CC and retake them to protect what they have all part of the game nulify the opponents -- now they will have to do this 6 times a day will get costly

lets get this rolled out and lets work on a new strategy as this will make the game fun for more players which is what game developers consider not just a select 2%

DeletedUser10694

:knycknac, klods. The top guilds you go on about are the ones with the most active players, the ones who have invested there time and effort into building high end GBs, the ones who have worked hard to get to the top and in many cases remain there, and for those reasons deserve to be there. The guilds that likely benefit the most from the 6 times a day are smaller guilds, and why should they be able to decimate larger guilds in one day? If your a small guild, then get better, invest in players that do GvG and there GBs and earn your tight to get top spots, not whine because your in a low quality guild and cant get your foot in the door without having it slammed back in your face. As for giving USA/Canada etc a fare go due to timezone issues, try playing on servers in your own timezone and not moan about it.

DeletedUser115549

Maybe if INNO decrease goods required by about 5 or 10 times so that weak guilds do not become bankrupted in first days, then maybe the GvG will be more popular, till all will be short on armies...

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Bah! All this whining from a small handful of top gvg guilds, who will no longer be able to sit forever on large chunks of land on all maps. That's kind of one of the points with the new changes.
really strong guilds have a lot of fighters, between 20 and 30, if those guild decide they will make 5 guilds with 5 fighters and destroy whoever they want again cause with this way of gaming you will see real power of ghosting if strong guilds decide to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.