• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Quest -

Is this worth considering?

• Yes

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

DeletedUser113125

[Proposal]: A quest that one member in a guild gets once a week that if completed will benefit the guild.

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]:
Yes

[Reason]:
As a way for all players in a guild to have an opportunity to contribute if they want. It’s nice when newer players feel part of the team; they can’t always do GvG, or have an Obs yet or do much GE. No GE on Mondays so it would be nice to have another guild based thing for that day.

[Details]:
One quest once a week to one player in the guild. The quest might have 7 days to complete, or 24 hours if easier to be implemented. If completed the reward is guild goods, or crowns, or 5 prestige. No-one would know who got the quest so the player would only share they got it if they want to. There could be an achievement badge. It is optional so can be ignored. The quests should not be do 80 5 minute productions but I think more aiding players, or gathering goods of several eras, completing GE1 or completing 24 hour productions so players who only check in once a day can still do the quest.

[Balance]:
Solo guilds the player would get it every week but large guilds you might only get it once a year. The benefits would probably have to be scaled for the guild level. Guilds that are active and do the quest will benefit but the rewards should only make a small difference.

Agent327

Overlord
So basically you want something to contribute to the guild to feel part of the team, but nobody knows who will do it.

Makes perfect sense.

Shad23

Emperor
if implemented founder of guild should know wich player has it and also he should know if player completes it so if quest falls on same player more then once and player does not complete founder should know that that player does not help guild
between you and me i voted no

DeletedUser113125

So basically you want something to contribute to the guild to feel part of the team, but nobody knows who will do it.

Makes perfect sense.
I thought that the player who gets it would post on the guild thread that they had won guild goods etc...
I don’t want anyone getting abuse for not doing it, which might be a risk if it is known who has it.

DeletedUser113125

if implemented founder of guild should know wich player has it and also he should know if player completes it so if quest falls on same player more then once and player does not complete founder should know that that player does not help guild
Thank you for voting, even if it is no. I can see why the founder knowing might be useful.

Agent327

Overlord

What if that player has 10 HoF's and can not do it for some very good reason?

Is it right to give founders this type of power?

I thought that the player who gets it would post on the guild thread that they had won guild goods etc...
I don’t want anyone getting abuse for not doing it, which might be a risk if it is known who has it.

What if two players post that?

Emberguard

Legend
If it's a guild quest why not make it a guild wide thing where anyone can access and complete the quest at any time? Either X% of members complete a task for it to complete or anyone can contribute and after X times have been done a reward to the guild is given?

Shad23

Emperor
well founders have the same right for GE and for knowing who is active so yes it's right to give them that power after all he's proposing somthing that helps guild lvl rise like GE

DeletedUser113125

If it's a guild quest why not make it a guild wide thing where anyone can access and complete the quest at any time? Either X% of members complete a task for it to complete or anyone can contribute and after X times have been done a reward to the guild is given?
I like your idea to amend it. I still want to avoid the super keen active players doing it before others had a chance, and I don’t want it to be a repetitive chore for those who like to do everything, but I do like the change for it being guild wide.

DeletedUser113125

What if that player has 10 HoF's and can not do it for some very good reason?

What if two players post that?
Anyone who has 10 HOFs and collects each day can do what they like :)
Usually if someone is the sort of player to lie and take credit when none is due they tend to be a git about other things too. Most guilds know who the bad apples are.

Agent327

Overlord

So it will be GE 2?

well founders have the same right for GE and for knowing who is active so yes it's right to give them that power after all he's proposing somthing that helps guild lvl rise like GE

No. Everyone can see who is active in GE. HoF's make guild power rise. Can the founder see who has those and how many they have?

Anyone who has 10 HOFs and collects each day can do what they like :)

How will that be implemented in the game?

Usually if someone is the sort of player to lie and take credit when none is due they tend to be a git about other things too. Most guilds know who the bad apples are.

If they do those apples would not be in the guild.

DeletedUser113125

How will that be implemented in the game?

If they do those apples would not be in the guild.
No, not implemented, it was a personal opinion not related to my idea. I like HOFs. I should have made that clearer.

Bad apples sometimes are good at GvG, or have a high Arc, sometimes their guild still values them. Mostly they don’t last too long in each guild. Either your point is that a player would lie about doing the quest or that guilds won’t have any players who are deceitful. If guilds won’t have bad apples then no-one would claim to have done it falsely (unless winding a friend up maybe).

Shad23

Emperor
No. Everyone can see who is active in GE. HoF's make guild power rise. Can the founder see who has those and how many they have?
am talking of global / your guild / members page to see who is active in guild
can founder see who has HoF yes if he goes through all citys and makes a list

Zeratul 2.0

Lieutenant Colonel
A quest, in esscence , is basically the player interacts with the Server , or "directly with the game", instead of with other players (friends & guildies). There are already things to do in any guild, some universal, such as swaping, muds and more trading, without "tax" FP.

The example quests given in the proposal are no different from player quests such as DC and event quest, in terms of requirements, only that the reward goes to guild. This is not ideal. As a new type of quest, it should differ from existing ones. Therefore, the "requirements" (tasks) part, should be things that can only be done in a guild, basically as said above in paragraph #1, mud program, and swaping, so generally it means the game takes over what already almost universally exist in guilds. And then, the rewards part, I think the reward should be guild rights. If a player completes these quests, they earn status in the guild, "trusted member", etc. all the way up to "leader" and even founder (or maybe co-founder). So basically what I mean is a de-concentration of power from founders and that no one can any longer decide which are "good apples" and which are bad apples subjectively, and the proposed quests shall decide such a thing.:rolleyes:

~~~Examples~~~~
Quest 1: Stay in a guild for a month / 2 months / 3 months (accumulative active days).
Reward: "Trusted member" Level 1 / Level 2 / Level 3 (yes, the rights are further refined).

Quest 2: Aid all members for xxx times (similar as above)
Reward: "Message all guild members" ("Notifier").

Quest 56: (To be determined)
Reward: Overthrow the founder.

Now let's think about the last one (I'm 'out of quiver'). The principle is that this particular quest should be very, very, very difficult -- but doable.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
@Bewildered Zeratul on paper as a concept it sounds great and I'd love that idea to be fleshed out.

On analys in regards to this specific game it sounds like a disaster waiting to happen

If this were a new game or a different structure then working your way to founder that way might work. In the current game though I doubt it would. Completing tasks doesn't make someone a competent leader. It could even result in people sending agents to undermine enemy guilds and click the delete button if they're confident they can complete that condition

Agent327

Overlord
The idea behind it is to make newer players be more part of the team, but only they or the founder will see it. Now what if they fail? Will they be less paart of the team? What if the founder is away and nobody knows?

If completed the reward is guild goods, or crowns, or 5 prestige.

Guild goods. How much? Will you be more part of the team when you win 10 goods and someone with an Arc donates 100+ a day.
Crowns, same question.
Prestige. Not possible. Can only be achieved in GvG.

The quests should not be do 80 5 minute productions but more aiding players, or gathering goods of several eras, completing GE1 or completing 24 hour productions so players who only check in once a day can still do the quest.

If you do not aid people in your Guild you are not part of the team anyhow.
Gathering goods of several eras is hard for new people, so the guild has to help out. Will that make you feel part of the team, or an underachiever?
Completing GE1 is strange cause you want the quest to be on monday. The GE off day.
24 hr productions aare equally easy or hard as 80 5 minute productions. I rather do 80 5 minute.

Sorry, but your idea is halfbaked.

At the moment players are faced with quests for the storyline, quests for the DC's and quests for the event and you want to throw in even more quests?

DeletedUser113125

I don’t agree with your points but I like the cut of your jib@Agent327.

The idea behind it is to make newer players be more part of the team, but only they or the founder will see it. Now what if they fail? Will they be less paart of the team? What if the founder is away and nobody knows?
I don’t like punishing players; if they fail there are no repercussions. Maybe best if founders didn’t know. Most players don’t feel less of the team for not doing 64 encounters in GE. If no-one knows so what? It’s an extra.

Guild goods. How much? Will you be more part of the team when you win 10 goods and someone with an Arc donates 100+ a day.
Crowns, same question.
Prestige. Not possible. Can only be achieved in GvG.
Depends on guild age. Could be 1 of every good every age going up to 10 of every good or more?
Crowns again would be on a sliding scale.
Prestige is also from guild level. The vast majority of guilds do not do GvG. There are plenty of guilds with the same prestige, ranked by size of guild. On O there are 85 guilds level 10 who have the same prestige. A small increment, even 1 prestige, would affect your rank. For big top guilds with prestige in thousands this won’t make a difference.
It was only quick suggestions. It could be something else, like everyone in guild gets a 10% coin boost for the week?

If you do not aid people in your Guild you are not part of the team anyhow.
Gathering goods of several eras is hard for new people, so the guild has to help out. Will that make you feel part of the team, or an underachiever?
Completing GE1 is strange cause you want the quest to be on monday. The GE off day.
24 hr productions aare equally easy or hard as 80 5 minute productions. I rather do 80 5 minute.
Asking for help shouldn’t make you feel an underachiever (I wasn’t suggesting Iron Age players gather Virtual Future goods though ;) )
I suggested that it might last a week.

Sorry, but your idea is halfbaked.

At the moment players are faced with quests for the storyline, quests for the DC's and quests for the event and you want to throw in even more quests?
One quest occasionally. It was just an idea. I can see it’s not your cup of tea, and it is half-baked as it was just a quick idea and maybe needs more proofing. Hmm, I’m getting hungry typing this. I’m glad of your feedback and if you are ever on O send a FR.

Last edited by a moderator: