• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

PLUNDERING CAP

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
In this way why then inno would need to give any of us any special treatment??? I was at some point a low level player ... but i asked and learned... i also joined a guild that i was confident that will give me knowledge i need to grow ... at some point you outgrow that and you maybe move on to a place that suits you more and you continue to learn ..... and at some point you do move an age ... but you never do it if you didn't really prepare yourself for new challenge that comes with that age ... and it is more and more players with a lot more points then yourself.....

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
how do you explain that even if they do have more of gbs ...they build some that curuntly don't really help them like DC or hagia or Coloseum.... and they never thought of maybe just going online to read or even ask for advice

If they would, they would get advice ofyou or me and I think you do hardly know more of the game then they do, so how should that help them?

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
If they would, they would get advice ofyou or me and I think you do hardly know more of the game then they do, so how should that help them?
I don't know how could you know do i know or not ... maybe my city can serve as an example that i do ... and the fact how much i have achived in 1 year since i play the game ... also the fact that i also achieved lvl80 on my arc and lvl 10 on many of my gb ... or that in modern era my daily collection is 170 ish fps ... or maybe that i have made and prepared enough of colonial,industrial and Progressive era goods that i can comfortably play the game without the need to worry ...or that i achieved to buy all possible medal expansions .. ...

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (2).jpg Webp.net-resizeimage (3).jpg

And in one year it could be done even more ... i am on the edge of 7M points ... maybe i would be even higher if i would fight more ...but that curuntly isn't the prio for me ... i want to make as much as i can ...

vikingraider

Emperor
Today I had a DC to win 8 battles. GE is finished and we're surrounded by 'friendlies' in my Eras of GvG. So the hood it was. I attacked the 8 closest to me points wise. As you are sent directly to their city, only 2 of the 8 had anything to plunder. Chances are, I won't check again on the other 6 for anything to plunder. So if you collect on time, you're just about certain not to be plundered by the majority of players

DeletedUser108359

In this way why then inno would need to give any of us any special treatment??? I was at some point a low level player ... but i asked and learned... i also joined a guild that i was confident that will give me knowledge i need to grow ... at some point you outgrow that and you maybe move on to a place that suits you more and you continue to learn ..... and at some point you do move an age ... but you never do it if you didn't really prepare yourself for new challenge that comes with that age ... and it is more and more players with a lot more points then yourself.....

i must agree with what you say, for most of us the game is constantly changing, we move forward, then slow down as we upgrade and grow, then we move forward into new territories.
As you say there is plenty of information that we can use to learn from, some is fact, some is opinion but we take what we need and use that to improve our own game.
Sometimes we make mistakes, ( at least i sure do ), but we learn and move on.
I believe if we didnt really like the game we would just quit and find something new.
Obviously people will always want things to be better, faster, slower, more of, less of etc etc, thats human nature.

Agent327

Overlord
I don't know how could you know do i know or not ... maybe my city can serve as an example that i do ... and the fact how much i have achived in 1 year since i play the game ... also the fact that i also achieved lvl80 on my arc and lvl 10 on many of my gb ... or that in modern era my daily collection is 170 ish fps ... or maybe that i have made and prepared enough of colonial,industrial and Progressive era goods that i can comfortably play the game without the need to worry ...or that i achieved to buy all possible medal expansions .. ...

And in one year it could be done even more ... i am on the edge of 7M points ... maybe i would be even higher if i would fight more ...but that curuntly isn't the prio for me ... i want to make as much as i can ...

Wow, 7M points lvl 80 on your Arc and lvl 10 in many of your GB's!. That is amazing!!! Great achievementt!!!!

Only problem is that you are in Modern and totally clueless about the era's to come, other than you know what they are called. According to you, Hagia is of no help. Look at the players at the top of the ranking of your world. I bet you will find high level Hagia's. Now are they all wrong or are you and is your advise just very bad?

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Wow, 7M points lvl 80 on your Arc and lvl 10 in many of your GB's!. That is amazing!!! Great achievementt!!!!

Only problem is that you are in Modern and totally clueless about the era's to come, other than you know what they are called. According to you, Hagia is of no help. Look at the players at the top of the ranking of your world. I bet you will find high level Hagia's. Now are they all wrong or are you and is your advise just very bad?
Agent i really would love you to go and read what i wrote ... if you want details i will give you detailed explanation: Hagia has its good sides too ... the fact is that in modern era as it is doesn't have much sence if you don't have a very good and allready established city where all your fps and attack buildings aren't on highi lvl including arc as well to level 80 .... it only make sense to build it and realy power level it to at least lvl70 or 90 and only if other gbs you have came to levels where the cost of self leveling is to high .... the same applies to arc .. when you are in guild that has a strong and active 1.9 thread and you dont have anything else to do you level it to lvl 100 so you still get somehting back from 1.9 investment....

So don't assume things .... i actually was very lucky to have good guilds and good friends to teach me things .... but when one talks things like they do and can't show any real progress then we have a problem .....

DeletedUser113901

A city defending army could have a better chance to stop the attackers if the units could act like the units we are fighting against on Continental Map,shoot the regular units first then the rogues.As a defender you can't do much thing as long as y ou can't move the units manually,even my 1333 % defense can be breached some time by a player with huge attack boost and a big level Kraken !
The campaign style is easy to beat because you get to attack with rogues, wich are the most powerful unit in PME and before. What's really needed is something smart, balanced and modulable.

Agent327

Overlord
Agent i really would love you to go and read what i wrote

This is what you wrote

they build some that curuntly don't really help them like DC or hagia or Coloseum.... and they never thought of maybe just going online to read or even ask for advice ...

You are right about Colo, but wrong about the other two.

if you want details i will give you detailed explanation: Hagia has its good sides too ... the fact is that in modern era as it is doesn't have much sence if you don't have a very good and allready established city where all your fps and attack buildings aren't on highi lvl including arc as well to level 80 .... it only make sense to build it and realy power level it to at least lvl70 or 90 and only if other gbs you have came to levels where the cost of self leveling is to high .... the same applies to arc .. when you are in guild that has a strong and active 1.9 thread and you dont have anything else to do you level it to lvl 100 so you still get somehting back from 1.9 investment....

So don't assume things .... i actually was very lucky to have good guilds and good friends to teach me things .... but when one talks things like they do and can't show any real progress then we have a problem .....

Your good guilds and good friends did not teach you anything valuable. You are in Modern and give advice as if Modern is the endstation. Newsflash, it isn't. Players taking your advice and moving on, will experience that. You think an Arc on lvl 80 is Walhalla. Dream on.

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
As an infamous plunderer of my world, I've discovered a slightly annoying trick that victims of my attacks incorporate as a way of giving me the middle finger after the 6th or 7th plunder. With those special production buildings that can be plundered and that produce one or more fp every 24 hrs, or 5-15 goods every 24 hrs, the victim of the attacks will usually change the production so that the next time I plunder, I only get 1 or two medals or guild power crowns. Pfft! I've also noticed that some of the more clever victims will have decoy goods buildings that have "plunder me" written all over them so that all I get is 1 good when I take the bait. Pffft!

The best defense against infamous plunderers like myself is, well, a good defense. Take my city, for example:

I have NO goods producing buildings in my city. I get all my goods (126 per day from my current era at the time of this writing) from GB's and buildings that CAN'T BE PLUNDERED WHEN MOTIVATED.

I get ALL my supplies from the buildings listed above. I have supply producing buildings, but only fire them up when a Daily Quest or Special Event quest calls for it. Of those production buildings, 4 are from my era and 8 are blacksmiths. I use the blacksmiths as much as possible. Why? Because only an idiot would plunder a blacksmith. Bottom line: it's tough to catch me with my pants down where supply producing buildings are concerned.

My current city defense is : +60% on attack and +407% on defense. I pretty much stop 99.999999% of all attacks upon my city dead in their tracks. Of those neighbors that manage to breach my defenses, they do so using troops from an era above mine. And, when they do breach my defenses 99.999999% of them don't come back for a second attack because: A) I spanked the attacking army pretty hard, and, B) they didn't get any booty because I have goods (and supply) producing buildings that CAN'T BE PLUNDERED. No sense losing a good attacking army (especially unattached rouges) for diddly-squat in return.

ADVICE TO THOSE WHO ARE CONSTANTLY PLUNDERED:

Build ST. Basil's and Deal Castle. Max them to level 10. Your defending army gets 60% on attack. This will help immensely in turning the tide of battle in your favor. Let me put it another way. Do those who successfully breach your defenses do so with 0% attack bonus? Of course not! So, why are you defending with an army that has 0% attack bonus when you could be defending it with a 60% attack bonus? A 60% attack bonus is better than nothing. Ignore the players who talk trash about St. Basil's & Deal Castle, they are idiots. Build them. You'll thank yourself time and again for doing so.

Have a good, high level Temple of Relics. Blast your way through as many levels of the Guild Expedition as possible, week after week. The Temple of Relics will eventually cough up enough Ritual Flames to allow you a 407% defense bonus like my city. Of course, don't ignore the Watchfires and the Watchfire upgrades, either. Also, don't ignore worthy special buildings that give defense bonuses in addition to fp's and/or goods. Trust me, a defending army with a 60% attack and 407% defense will layeth the smacketh down on any attacker, regardless if they breach your defenses or not.

GET RID OF GOODS BUILDINGS THAT CAN BE PLUNDERED*. This includes set buildings such as the complete Cherry Blossom set, which, for me, is a hard set to part with. Get all your goods from high level GB's like Tower of Babel, Lighthouse of Alexandria, etc., as well as from special buildings that produce goods when motivated. I prefer the special buildings that produce 10 or more goods when motivated simply because you get more bang for your buck, and space is a precious commodity in this game. Just say 'NO!' to infamous plunderers like myself.

* The exception to this rule is setting up decoy/sucker move goods producing buildings that produce 1 good or 1-2 medals/guild power crowns in order to lure unsuspecting plunderers into making a bad plunder. (Don't be afraid to give that attacker the middle finger in your own special way!)

If you can't part with those plunderable goods buildings, at least have the common sense to collect the goods on time. So, if your work shift is 8 hrs, with a one hour drive inbetween, don't be an idiot and set productions for 4 or 8 hours. Murphy's Law will strike thee down, guaranteed.

PACE YOURSELF THROUGH THE ERAS- but don't linger unnecessarily. If you plow your way quickly to Post Modern era with no thought to Great Buildings, Ritual flames, Watchfires and buildings that can't be plundered when motivated, then, well, you deserve the spanking from the neighborhood that you are getting. My rule of thumb, and others may disagree, is to build the GB's that you want from the era you are currently in, and level them up AT LEAST to level 5 before moving on to the next era. Then, afterwards, add AT LEAST 2 more levels before moving on to the era past that. That way, your Iron Age GB's (for example) are level 10 by the time you reach the Late Middle Ages. Slow the ponies down, there's no rush to get to the next era. Make sure you have a solid city as you progress through the ages.

So, if you're tired of being plundered, do something about it rather than whining about it on the forum. The game gives you plenty of tools and options to make your city a lean, mean, plunder-free machine.

QUESTION FOR MODERATORS: Does this post qualify for inclusion in the strategy guide and tips section of the forum?

It could happen, right? ;)
I was reading your suggestion and some of them could be ok ... but there is an even better way of getting 300+goods a day Arc+CF and trusty loop ... of course for that one you need a good bank ....

Offcours buildings that can't be plunderd are allways good choice ...

For StBasil and DC ... they could be beneficial if you first have enough room to build them as total amount you need 74 square (5x5 and 7x7) they both need to ba lvl10 to give total of 60%, attack boost to defending army and not taking in to account lvl0tolvl1 as that should be built by the help of your guild you need 4480 fps of self leveling to make each place optimal at 1.9 ( taking in to account you have 5 friends lvl80 arc that will take them ) ...

Agent327

Overlord
QUESTION FOR MODERATORS: Does this post qualify for inclusion in the strategy guide and tips section of the forum?

I am not a moderator, but I would say NO.

Nothing more than the ramblings of a beginner who thinks he really knows the game.

Your defense is pathetic. Everyone in VF has a defense like that and get's blown away by the bigger players.

Emberguard

Legend
I've got to question if the plunderers not coming back had anything to do with your St Basils and Deal Castle when prior to that you said there's almost nothing but blacksmiths to plunder. That's a lot of space used just to defend blacksmiths

Is there a purpose to both working on defence bonuses and having nothing to plunder in your city?

MP75

Master Corporal
The campaign style is easy to beat because you get to attack with rogues, wich are the most powerful unit in PME and before. What's really needed is something smart, balanced and modulable.
Try using 1 Unit and 7 Rogues on Virtual Future Continental Map,hit auto battle and see if it will be as easy as you say to get a sector :lol:

DeletedUser

I do this from time to time. I figure if I can't get somthin good then why not throw off their production and muck up what ever quest they may be doing. :)

I thought I was the only weirdo devoted to screw things if nothing else ;)