• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter DeletedUser4727
  • Start date

DeletedUser104620

Can you access the same Cultural Settlements from all worlds or do you need one on each? Also, do the rewards like the Yggdrasil copy for each world when you get them?

DeletedUser108359

Can you access the same Cultural Settlements from all worlds or do you need one on each? Also, do the rewards like the Yggdrasil copy for each world when you get them?

There is only 1 world on beta,
but I would assume you would have a different one on each world, therefore the rewards would be world specific.
Also do not expect each settlement to be the same on each different world, the chances are excellent it wont be, you would probably have to run each one differently from the other.

DeletedUser113901

The best way to play the settlements is to abort after quest 5.

DeletedUser116025

When does it start? Do I have to do something to trigger it to start?
It is already January 3 quiet a while and the Winter Event is finished by now, at least for me.

Edit: Just to clarify, I looked for the boat that is no where to be found

DeletedUser115727

When does it start? Do I have to do something to trigger it to start?
It is already January 3 quiet a while and the Winter Event is finished by now, at least for me.

Edit: Just to clarify, I looked for the boat that is no where to be found
Relax, it will start soon and we have to play it months to achieve something valuable :D

DeletedUser110401

On the beta site, I'm coming to the end of ... uh... is it the fifth Settlement? I've lost count. But I'm still underwhelmed by it. Since it's beta, I expect teething problems, but still.

Building the settlement is an interesting challenge, at least the first couplathree times, but the awards don't seem worth it after all that effort

At the moment I have an emissary that gives one whole fp a day in an ME city, plus the option of paying 800 diamonds to buy another slot for an emissary that gives 110 medals. Whoopee.

The Yggdrasil at level 2 is useful, but not the Greater Runestone--maybe that will go back into Inventory for a while. If I continue on the beta, of course.

That idea of just playing up to the 20fp award, then abandoning the settlement and starting again a day later sounds interesting--20 fp in about 2 days, for minimal gameplay.

DeletedUser113901

Relax, it will start soon and we have to play it months to achieve something valuable :D
Tonight you'll already have 25 FP!
On the beta site, I'm coming to the end of ... uh... is it the fifth Settlement? I've lost count. But I'm still underwhelmed by it. Since it's beta, I expect teething problems, but still.

Building the settlement is an interesting challenge, at least the first couplathree times, but the awards don't seem worth it after all that effort

At the moment I have an emissary that gives one whole fp a day in an ME city, plus the option of paying 800 diamonds to buy another slot for an emissary that gives 110 medals. Whoopee.

The Yggdrasil at level 2 is useful, but not the Greater Runestone--maybe that will go back into Inventory for a while. If I continue on the beta, of course.

That idea of just playing up to the 20fp award, then abandoning the settlement and starting again a day later sounds interesting--20 fp in about 2 days, for minimal gameplay.
Actually 25 FP in 1,5 days.

DeletedUser110401

Tonight you'll already have 25 FP!

Actually 25 FP in 1,5 days.

Have I mis-read it? I thought 20 fp.... with 25 goods after the next 5 steps, which would take longer. And maybe up to 2 days if you take it leisurely.

Edit, after looking again: duh.... 5 + 20? Even better! thanks for correctng me!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

it is here
after 2 minutes: done.
now wait. collect, wait, collect, wait, collect, wait, collect,wait, collect,wait, collect,wait, collect,wait, collect,wait, collect,..

great new feature

dimondus

Captain
Will try it out – but from the information and beta material available it appears as a somewhat re introduction of the game itself – and that might be good for newer players but for the old FoE folks not so much. If at least the tideous Tavern pop up window could be reduced to a single click like AID then some repetition time/click would be a bit balanced when having to manage yet another "city" – which apparently also needs some planning – like the game it self used to aquire. Honestly I am not to excited about this long term Quest addition to the game but ltes see. Overall it brings InnoGames back to the historical narrative which they prefer and after Vikiings there will be plenty of pre historic themes to add. With this addition I am for sure happy to have only two cities to manage and not 12.
For me its a breeze of fresh air after years of futuristic ages. Also a lot of old players have 7-9 cities on different worlds while some (like me) have only 2 so 2 extra instances won't hurt :)

dimondus

Captain
Overall I think FoE took a page from Elvenar's book. The difference is Elvenar has a new race in each Era and you actually build mini settlement inside your main city. BUT Elvenar's expansions are 5x5 so you have more room to build. I'm still glad they introduced something new, the game stated being repetitive for me personally.

dimondus

Captain
And doing the Viking settlement over and over isn't repetitive?
I haven't participated in beta testing so its new and fresh for me. Of course after few months it will become repetitive but I hope by that time Inno will introduce new settlement.
Still its not as repetitive as sitting in AFE for almost a year.

DeletedUser4727

Sounds interesting, although I'd like to know more about the big red alert. When a new settlement becomes available in far future (I hope) and I decide to pursue it, will I lose everything or "just" the expansions? Since apparently the upgradable buildings will not be maxed out in one run, it is understandable that we have some sort of reset, including expansions, but what about the so-called Emissaries? Will they be gone too?

Also, in this far future with a new settlement available, why one should have everything reset just by changing the active settlement? It's not like a blizzard would bury everything in the snow, right? Well, in the Vikings case could be :p
No, you don't lose your overall progress. The rewards earned from each play through (Yggdrasil, Emissaries etc.) aren't removed when you start a new settlement. The idea will be you can select the culture you want to embark on from the selection screen. The settlements are separate entities, and reset with every play through, though, and it's important we highlight that the expansions are lost.

The "lore" idea of the reset settlement is you are building a brand new Viking settlement, and helping different people. Your quest giver stays the same, cos he's like your personal guide for the overall vikings culture.
They are unique to the world they're in, much like most other content.

Having the zoom level on my main city reset every time I visit the Cultural Settlement is going to get annoying fast.
Yes, I've passed this on. Agreed :)