• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

FPs for Goods buying and selling option

DeletedUser113423

was discussing this with a couple people who thought it might be a good idea to have in the game ....just wondering what you people thought of the idea???

DeletedUser

Include us in the general idea of the discussion held.
I have really not any clue what this is about right now.
I guess we had to be there :)

Emberguard

Legend
Well I'm wondering if they mean
> market (don't show friends/neighbours)

> ignore button (already exists)

> stop GB contributions (although this one wouldn't make much sense)

DeletedUser

Well I'm wondering if they mean
> market (don't show friends/neighbours)

> ignore button (already exists)

> stop GB contributions (although this one wouldn't make much sense)

Those were my guessings too ;)

DeletedUser

I think he might want a heads up if he is to spend fp on the market.
A sort of block function or popup just as we can enable for spending diamonds.
But hey my guess is as good as yours this Christmas day,.. Merry Christmas All :)

DeletedUser108359

My wild guess its stop swapping fp's for goods, as many people do.
But i dont see why anyone would want that, as its often the only way many players can get the goods for higher level GB's and if it is, i cant see anyone being in favor of it.

Emberguard

Legend
My wild guess its stop swapping fp's for goods, as many people do.
But i dont see why anyone would want that, as its often the only way many players can get the goods for higher level GB's and if it is, i cant see anyone being in favor of it.
Yeah that thought crossed my mind as well, and the only way to control that on a individual level is to stop GB contributions.
If the idea is to stop swapping FPs for goods then he's probably really asking to stop having GBs above our age. Which changes everything enormously. No point in begrudging others advancing in the game with higher GBs as you'd just be preventing yourself from getting ahead as well. Unless this isn't about GBs but rather map progression and getting advanced troops to plunder with?

Regardless of why he doesn't want whatever it is he doesn't want, off the top of my head if we were to try to prevent FPs to Goods trades being made between players the most likely options to accomplish that on a game wide scale would be (all really inconvenient and makes the game remarkably slower to progress):
  • Stop GB contributions altogether
    • No more BP hunting. It's already slow enough at the start to get your first GBs. Take away GB contributions and a lot of players would either be grossly disadvantaged in obtaining BPs or quit before they even get anywhere.
    • Loses a massive FP income. After 1 year of playing without a Arc my FP inventory had more then 2k FPs saved that I'm now using to speed up my GB lvl'ing. I had been using some of the FPs throughout the year but very rarely
  • Scrap the entire goods market
    • Good luck getting anything you need to advance
  • Change the goods market to only up/down by a single age in either direction
    • Good bye all GBs well above your age without spending a lot of real world money. This would put all new players (or players that haven't obtained advanced GBs yet) at a massive disadvantage. It would have been fine to implement this prior to the game getting a Arc which is what enables players to get as far ahead in lvling GBs as they do, preferably much earlier then when that age was first introduced
If they are trying to prevent players from selling goods in exchange for FPs placed on their GBs then regardless of whether they;re wanting others to not have access to advanced GBs or advance through the continent map, there is still a way for players to do this without buying Goods from other players. Diamonds.

I think he might want a heads up if he is to spend fp on the market.
A sort of block function or popup just as we can enable for spending diamonds.
But hey my guess is as good as yours this Christmas day,.. Merry Christmas All :)
If that is all he means. Then I have good news - there already is one :D
upload_2018-12-25_17-7-30.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser113901

I think he means
P1 gives 300FP to P2 wich gives 1800 goods in exchange.
Then P2 creates a trade wich he locks and attaches, 300 FP must be given to unlock.
Or something like that

DeletedUser113423

Actually quite thw
Yeah that thought crossed my mind as well, and the only way to control that on a individual level is to stop GB contributions.
If the idea is to stop swapping FPs for goods then he's probably really asking to stop having GBs above our age. Which changes everything enormously. No point in begrudging others advancing in the game with higher GBs as you'd just be preventing yourself from getting ahead as well. Unless this isn't about GBs but rather map progression and getting advanced troops to plunder with?

Regardless of why he doesn't want whatever it is he doesn't want, off the top of my head if we were to try to prevent FPs to Goods trades being made between players the most likely options to accomplish that on a game wide scale would be (all really inconvenient and makes the game remarkably slower to progress):
    • No more BP hunting. It's already slow enough at the start to get your first GBs. Take away GB contributions and a lot of players would either be grossly disadvantaged in obtaining BPs or quit before they even get anywhere.
    • Loses a massive FP income. After 1 year of playing without a Arc my FP inventory had more then 2k FPs saved that I'm now using to speed up my GB lvl'ing. I had been using some of the FPs throughout the year but very rarely
    • Good bye all GBs well above your age without spending a lot of real world money. This would put all new players (or players that haven't obtained advanced GBs yet) at a massive disadvantage. It would have been fine to implement this prior to the game getting a Arc which is what enables players to get as far ahead in lvling GBs as they do, preferably much earlier then when that age was first introduced
If they are trying to prevent players from selling goods in exchange for FPs placed on their GBs then regardless of whether they;re wanting others to not have access to advanced GBs or advance through the continent map, there is still a way for players to do this without buying Goods from other players. Diamonds.

View attachment 17342

DeletedUser113423

Actually QUITE the opposite ....the idea was to BUY GOODS for FPs ...a block that enables us to be able to buy goods from FPs ....

some thought 10 for 50 was abit much and even though 10 per 100 was abit the two i talked too said maybe ...but even 10 for 150 or 200 might not be so bad either

AND yes although im not in favor of being able to buy above AGE group ..of which i havent done as yet ...i guess its a monetary thing for the owners to feal good about maybe ??

BUt yeah i would LIKE to see a set up so one can buy goods for FPS As well as people can sell goods for FPs also it would make things better i would think

like a peer to peer direct sale option

DeletedUser113423

View attachment 17342

I REALLY WORDED THE TITLE TO THE THREAD WRONG

as to block I MEANT the block above ...see the block listed for paper and rubber BLOCK type thing up their ??? that what i mean by block

View attachment 17342

but thats in market was wondering if possible to have a direct set up to have people selling and buying goods For FPS in a DIRECT fashion to help people get GBs if they wanted and help others with and over abundance of gooods to sell to others if they so chose to do so

DeletedUser113423

I think he means
P1 gives 300FP to P2 wich gives 1800 goods in exchange.
Then P2 creates a trade wich he locks and attaches, 300 FP must be given to unlock.
Or something like that

wooohooo ...............YES thats EXactly right ... i not only did not word the thread right i did not exACtl;y fully word my thoughts down precisely as i shoula have BUT yeah thats what i DID MEAN

the like directly peer to peer only has goods tradeable but was expressly talking about a FPs for goods buying and seeling as an option

COULD someone reword that thread to state

FPS for GOODS buying and selling option discussion please ?? thank you

MY MISTAKE ..........sorry

Emberguard

Legend
Ah! So you want to sell Goods to other players in return for FPs. Great.

Well at the moment there's only one way to do it.
(1) Either have them as a friend, neighbour or guild mate
(2) Have the buyer put the FPs onto one of your Great Buildings
(3) Trade the goods.

There's no way to directly trade goods for anything that isn't goods at the moment. So usually what players do is get the buyer to send the seller all the trades at 1:2 (any:goods buying) to complete the transaction. Normally this results in a lot of bronze or iron age goods being given to the seller - goods which basically have almost no value once you've got enough for the tech tree (250~ of each) and any Iron Age GBs you want.

Emberguard

Legend
A market that allows players to trade Goods for FPs would be amazing. I'd love that.

However given in the ideas section the Do Not Suggest List includes this:
Trading of items other than Goods (this is simply too open to abuse, and is potentially a breach of our game rules).

I don't know how likely it is we'll ever see such a function. Your idea still involves Goods being traded, but it's also involving trading non-goods.

DeletedUser113423

I really dont get that ......IF one is paying one FP to trade goods for goods is that not also a BREACH of rules ...................just to be technical about it .......sorry , im not fully understanding this ....im not trying to be a pain here im just trying to see if the game can be better .......... make it more real .........one does not go to a store and trade goods for meat or produce do they thats a barter system ...was just trying to think of some way to make this game more real for people and more interesting

Emberguard

Legend
No, because the breach is talking about abuse (things like push accounting, commercial use, multi world trades). It has nothing to do with what's actually in the trade, but the nature of why the trade is taking place and whether applying certain aspects would enable an actual rule breach even if the idea itself is sound and totally within the rules.

So trading FPs for Goods is totally fine and a legit strategy. It's the possibility of abuse and keeping checks and balances in place that makes certain ideas on how trading occurs either ineligible or unlikely to be implemented

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
-1 ....
As mentioned, or better say it was illustrated with a picture ... that 1 fps per trade with a friend or neighbours is like you both had to go fiscally on some market space with your goods and owner of that space if you end up tradeing wants you to pay a fee for using his space ...

But as @Emberguard mentiond, i am not really sure they will ever make that featur...