• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[Bug Feedback] GvG: Enough is Enough

DeletedUser99438

+1 for sure... There are several other problems unmentioned for that... And I mean...

I was stuck in AA sector after a reload and being on the PME map... It couldn't fix itself for half a day... I just got a nice message that support is consistent of GvG players and they know the frustration, welp that was like 6 months ago.

It'd be useful to hear what those other issues are Ivan so we have a complete picture of what is going on across the worlds

DeletedUser99438

@electricrainbows if you wish to update your OP I've compiled a table of the reports so it'd be easier for anyone viewing the thread to go straight to the relevant posts (I've inserted them with newest up the top)

Code for adding a new row to the table:
Code:
[tr][td]Username[/td][td]Bug Report[/td][td]Date/Time[/td][/tr]

Code:
[tr] [/tr]
// New row - surrounds the code for each column //

[td] [/td]
// columns //

[URL=' '] [/URL]
// Link to post //

Full table code for your convenience:
Code:
[table]
[tr][td]Username[/td][td]Bug Report[/td][td]Date/Time[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]LadySnowBlood[/td][td][URL='https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/enough-is-enough.36168/page-8#post-286568']Wrong Siege Displayed
Troop loadout not saving / Missing troops in battle
Game Freezes[/URL][/td][td]28th Aug 2018[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]D colquhuon[/td][td][URL='https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/enough-is-enough.36168/page-8#post-286564']Wrong Siege Displayed
Game Freeze
Siege Not Logging[/URL][/td][td]28th Aug 2018[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]mithrander[/td][td][URL='https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/enough-is-enough.36168/page-8#post-286563']Wrong Siege Displayed (Multi Siege)
Game Freezes[/URL][/td][td]28th Aug 2018[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]electricrainbows[/td][td][URL='https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/enough-is-enough.36168/page-8#post-286562']Wrong Siege Displayed (Multi Siege)
Auto Battles Cease Registering
Game Freezes[/URL]
[/td][td]28th Aug 2018[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Schatziecap[/td][td][URL='https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/enough-is-enough.36168/page-4#post-286030']Compilation of bugs encountered[/URL][/td][td]Unknown[/td][/tr]
[/table]

Fantastic, thanks Emberguard :)

DeletedUser99438

Thanks to Emberguard we now have a nice table to note all these faults in one place, makes it easier for both sides too. So please let us know what issues you are experiencing and we'll add accordingly.

I know many of us are frustrated and blue in the face from saying these things for so long ... but silence is getting us nowhere and this time we're going to work at this non stop til it's sorted. And hopefully ... this is the last stop!

DeletedUser99438

game froze while opening a new DA slot on AA , Lost 4 champs & 4 rogues I had ready to place , troop panel went back to original 8 hover tanks , checked champ count & the troops never went back to storage .

Thanks a million for your input Pbajoyce :) Added to the table.

Also buddy, after a refresh, it's possible the troops may have reappeared, this sometimes happens for me too, and a reload see them reappear. And if not (or you are not sure) support should be able to assist on that one :) Worth sending in a ticket.

DeletedUser99277

I would just like to say, having been a GvG player from the very start, all of the issues mentioned beforehand are real
issues that are slowly driving long term players away from the game, in the two guilds where I am most
active, we have lost so many players of years, most saying as GvG has become almost unplayable, I hope Inno realize just how
important GvG is to the game, I have found in worlds where I have been in many guilds, the guilds
that do GvG are more active, GvG brings real team spirit, in turn helps new players develop their
cities, non GvG guilds tend to be more FP swapping guilds with no real interaction, I honestly feel that
if GvG dies, this game will slowly follow, all the events etc, may get new players playing & maybe spending
diamonds to start, but I think they will soon get bored with that repetitive part of the game, one can only
win so many " special " items etc.
I feel the frustration stems from years of being told, " yes we know there are issues, we are working on them"
only to see no improvement in the game, same with bots/ scripts, I have been told in tickets for both
GvG issues & cheating, the same thing time & time again, things never seem to improve, I
would like to know, if GvG is too much of a problem to sort out?, does GvG have a future?, I
for one would rather have GvG sorted than all the events, side games, selfish, maybe, but once
GvG is working, then I feel bring in new things like GE etc, fix the part of the game that is
broken first, before adding more & more, get the part working first that makes & made this game great,
GvG.
( Just to add, tablet players have as much fun in our GvG guilds as PC players, from a social
aspect, they join in chatting at reset etc, even if not fighting )

DeletedUser99438

I would just like to say, having been a GvG player from the very start, all of the issues mentioned beforehand are real
issues that are slowly driving long term players away from the game, in the two guilds where I am most
active, we have lost so many players of years, most saying as GvG has become almost unplayable, I hope Inno realize just how
important GvG is to the game, I have found in worlds where I have been in many guilds, the guilds
that do GvG are more active, GvG brings real team spirit, in turn helps new players develop their
cities, non GvG guilds tend to be more FP swapping guilds with no real interaction, I honestly feel that
if GvG dies, this game will slowly follow, all the events etc, may get new players playing & maybe spending
diamonds to start, but I think they will soon get bored with that repetitive part of the game, one can only
win so many " special " items etc.
I feel the frustration stems from years of being told, " yes we know there are issues, we are working on them"
only to see no improvement in the game, same with bots/ scripts, I have been told in tickets for both
GvG issues & cheating, the same thing time & time again, things never seem to improve, I
would like to know, if GvG is too much of a problem to sort out?, does GvG have a future?, I
for one would rather have GvG sorted than all the events, side games, selfish, maybe, but once
GvG is working, then I feel bring in new things like GE etc, fix the part of the game that is
broken first, before adding more & more, get the part working first that makes & made this game great,
GvG.
( Just to add, tablet players have as much fun in our GvG guilds as PC players, from a social
aspect, they join in chatting at reset etc, even if not fighting )

Very well said mate, got to the heart of what is going through many of our minds

DeletedUser109087

I was keen on GvG, but have given up bothering much. I appreciate the effort here, and good luck with it. however ...

The games market is totally focussed on mobile. Inno has had big investment recently, and need to deliver returns to the shareholders. that means no effort on fixing gvg. they need to keep the browser version alive, so any budget is being spent on "HTML5". we might see a few improvements as a result, but thats by accident rather than any commercial decision.

I'd rather that Inno be open and say "we dont care much about gvg", so everyone can decide what they will do. I think their silence on any committment to fixing gvg is evidence enough. and it will be too late when all the fighters go find other games to play

DeletedUser15468

It is my opinion that GvG suffers most from the clock change problem. Most of my problems with attack and defence occur around clock change where key sectors are swamped with players, either in attack of defence making the battles slow and probably the cause of many of the crashing issues.
I find the resetting of the armies frustrating but try to remember to open the GvG screen with no soldiers selected so that the default is an empty army rather than a half army of troops I don't want.
I think an answer to shake up GVG would be for the sectors to be changed on a regular basis. For instance all the landing zones moved to the safe squares. It would be like an earthquake that changes the shape of the land and moves rivers and mountains and landing zones. This could occur weekly in a different era so that the land would be stable for several weeks before suddenly safe sectors become landing zones. It may also help if when this happens the CC for that era advanced so that CC was at different times for different eras.
Just ideas.
Pedant

DeletedUser114563

(debj29) had several screen freeze moments when trying to place sieges
Had a similar problem when I played GVG many moons ago, just that my screen would freeze for a longer period of time.
I did report it then.
I did leave that big guild short after that to start my own so I never followed it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103054

Usual screen freeze problems after laying siege. Damaged troops showing back in troop selection after having been removed. Sector still showing it was under siege even though it had been taken. That was just tonights problems, seems to be a lottery as to what will be faulty each night.
Inno needs to realize that GvG is by far the greatest and most important part of a very successful game. Far too much effort going into constant events and the bore that is GE :(

Agent327

Overlord
if there was no GvG in the game, FoE would have been dead, and all playing grepolis or elvenar. So I really hope that once and for all Inno takes the complaints serious, and get the game running smoothly.

Do you really believe that?

Majority of players play on the app and can't even play GvG, so can you in any way prove that statement?

DeletedUser112892

if there was no GvG in the game, FoE would have been dead, and all playing grepolis or elvenar. So I really hope that once and for all Inno takes the complaints serious, and get the game running smoothly.
Well, that fact is quite relative. Majority of FoE players are playing on Android and iOS, so they don't have GvG feature. Also, taking world I play in (Langendorn) as an example, Only some guilds from top 10 play GvG, others don't care.

DeletedUser108047

As a moderate GvG player on a few worlds over four years I echo the concerns raised by @electricrainbows and @Mithrander

All of the problems listed have occured to me on a number of occasions even as recently as yesterday.

Yesterday at a quiet time on the server ( no active sieges on the map and with no defence from the enemy and no other players from my guild getting in the way ):
  • sectors did not show as taken so I kept trying to fight
  • battle result screens failed to refresh
  • troops jumped in and out of the army by themselves
  • troops removed as damaged restored themselves to the army
  • auto battles stopped registering
  • battles didn't seem to register (ie the flag going up was adhoc and sometimes showed 2 flags or none)
  • the display order for finished battle, points, etc got out of whack
  • the screen froze and I had to reboot several times
  • there was lag between action and completion on most clicks
This was highly frustrating even though there was no obvious competion for bandwidth or server resources

Broadly speaking the problem seems to be one of communication with the server - the server is not processing the action quickly enough to keep up with the visual display such that (and I am not a technician) the browser (ie my end) is getting ahead of the server and it gets confused.

I have had far worse experiences when in a real time battle with another guild (particularly one with very fast machines and connections) where the screen freezes, the connection is lost, etc making it impossible to compete.

Our guild includes app and pc users. Many of us use both; app for convenience when collecting, on public transport etc, and pc for fighting etc. Our app users participate in GvG by building Obs, Atom, Arc, donating to treasury, researching other guilds, building Basil and Deal to contribute to defence. Those with Puffin browsers can contribute to adding DAs, scouting and lookout duties etc. When at war, app players can scout enemy players for goods intel, barracks etc; pvp plunder to reduce resources as well as share the guild load for goods production

GvG was a core premise of the game from its beginnings and is one of the major attractions to my guild members who are a mix of fremium and premium players who enjoy playing as a team. Making it work is important to us as players.

Just because doing something might be difficult doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

Please fix GvG