• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Closed Week #66 2018-08-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy Steele

General

Emberguard

Legend
I dont understand the allure of plundering. You just make others upset and dont really get much you couldn't make in multitudes yourself..
Houndsmoor is my best city by far, and it's a city that early on I used plundering during Bronze Age. (because back then you could plunder as soon as you got troops)

When I opened other cities without plundering to see what it was like there was a painfully noticeable difference getting through the tech tree. Without a top guild to give you a head start through a few high end goods traded down, and without plundering you're more likely to find yourself getting stuck a lot more often.

Oh and plundering doesn't cost me coins or supplies. There's a surrender button for a reason and the coins gained from a couple event buildings far outweigh the surrendered battles

So I'd say the earlier on you can plunder the greater you'll notice the benefit. (because you won't have set up a foundation properly yet)

I didnt realize youd been playing so long Ember.. how long do you think it's been? So are you saying it's better to plunder early in the game but not later? I can understand that..but I still only mostly find 10-30 goods if I'm lucky from about 2 or 3 hoodies and obviously only from my own era. The rest are simply coins or supplies if anything. Somehow feels like its rarely worth the time and effort..

Emberguard

Legend
yeah but 10-30 goods is a big deal without a guild giving you high end goods to trade down when you're starting to run low.

I can't speak for late game because I've never been late game. At best I've reached middle game. (15 ages, on the 7th age) But certainly when you've just entered a new age that's when you'll need those goods from the hoodies the most.

AussieAlex

Overlord
I didnt realize youd been playing so long Ember.. how long do you think it's been? So are you saying it's better to plunder early in the game but not later? I can understand that..but I still only mostly find 10-30 goods if I'm lucky from about 2 or 3 hoodies and obviously only from my own era. The rest are simply coins or supplies if anything. Somehow feels like its rarely worth the time and effort..
I don’t attack and plunder every day. I’m playing in Industrial and look mainly for event buildings with FPs and goods I don’t have a lot of through my GBs. When a new neighbourhood opens up, and especially if an event is about to start, I attack neighbours in the first day or two and see where the easy wins are for the “win xx battles without losing” or “defeat xx troops” quests. Sometimes those quests work out to do in GE, but sometimes they don’t. Also, I’ve often got my RQ set on “collect coins”, so plundering bundles of coins is helpful too (with a CF 100% bonus). Only high end people in my neighbourhood ever attack me. This last two weeks I had 3 attacks by 2 neighbours (one defeat/plunder).

vikingraider

Emperor

I've found most attacking and plundering goes on early in the game eras. I think it becomes less attractive late due to M.A.D. I mainly do it on my early worlds to give me a threat of retribution. It gives me more incentive to collect on time

Status
Not open for further replies.