• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: (Great Buildings) Flame & Tower GB's

• Thread starter DeletedUser111907
  • Start date

Do you support this Idea

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser111907

Idea does not take into account the fast majority of players that are at the end of the game and building up their GB's in recordtime. Medals they have plenty, so no victory towers there. So they will bring up the Flame in record time, stuff it full with watchfires and flames and become invincible.

Sorry to disagree but as I stated previously they are not intended to just be dumping grounds as each level will have to be paid for and will only open up a certain amount of spaces per level, the thoughts behind my idea is more from an aesthetic point of view and one of game life while at the same time creating a space saving for those higher up as space is a premium product in this game. Instead of having them dotted around here and there in nooks and crannies or in big blocks that don't look great they will be able to be added to one building, the additional bonus is just that an additional bonus just like many other GB's we build say Cathedral of Aachen, who builds it for the coins it produces? not many i'm sure its all about the attack % provided and the coins are just an aside.

These GB's are more for people who have completed a few Era's and been playing a while who have gained several flames or towers and that the footprint of the buildings would eventually be space saving, as 10 flames and 5 watch fires cover a 5 x 5 area (medium sized GB on current sizes) so after this point having the new GB for flames is going to save space and allow EVERYONE the opportunity to use all of their flames or towers and yes more established players will probably level them quicker and so gain the benefits quicker but that is going to be the same with any GB going forward I think, but the only people affected by that is players of the same age since the new neighbourhood rankings were introduced so I don't see anyone getting much advantage over anyone else from these GB's.

Agent327

Overlord
Sorry to disagree but as I stated previously they are not intended to just be dumping grounds as each level will have to be paid for and will only open up a certain amount of spaces per level, the thoughts behind my idea is more from an aesthetic point of view and one of game life while at the same time creating a space saving for those higher up as space is a premium product in this game. Instead of having them dotted around here and there in nooks and crannies or in big blocks that don't look great they will be able to be added to one building, the additional bonus is just that an additional bonus just like many other GB's we build say Cathedral of Aachen, who builds it for the coins it produces? not many i'm sure its all about the attack % provided and the coins are just an aside.

You mean to say that YOU do not intend them to use that way, but others will. That each level has to be paid for will be no problem for a lot of players. Just look at the GB ranking. I assure you those players will have the Flame up to a high level in no time and they will have plenty of watchfires in their inventory to build a defence of over 1000%. Something they are not doing now, cause they do not have the free space to put them.

These GB's are more for people who have completed a few Era's and been playing a while who have gained several flames or towers and that the footprint of the buildings would eventually be space saving, as 10 flames and 5 watch fires cover a 5 x 5 area (medium sized GB on current sizes) so after this point having the new GB for flames is going to save space and allow EVERYONE the opportunity to use all of their flames or towers and yes more established players will probably level them quicker and so gain the benefits quicker but that is going to be the same with any GB going forward I think, but the only people affected by that is players of the same age since the new neighbourhood rankings were introduced so I don't see anyone getting much advantage over anyone else from these GB's.

You can not decide for which players a GB is. Every GB is for all players and all players can use or abuse it.

Might I refer you to the Oracle? That was a GB for starting players, but long time players found a totally different use for it.

DeletedUser111907

You mean to say that YOU do not intend them to use that way, but others will. That each level has to be paid for will be no problem for a lot of players. Just look at the GB ranking. I assure you those players will have the Flame up to a high level in no time and they will have plenty of watchfires in their inventory to build a defence of over 1000%. Something they are not doing now, cause they do not have the free space to put them.

You can not decide for which players a GB is. Every GB is for all players and all players can use or abuse it.

Might I refer you to the Oracle? That was a GB for starting players, but long time players found a totally different use for it.

If the GB has limits then they cannot exceed those limits can they? Inno know how many things people have in their inventories and would no doubt research the defence % possible by top players, something I am not in a position to do but they are and on one server I play my city is only in Industrial Era and have come up against people with defences over 400% so if they are already in the game then its possible for players to use them, it all depends on what style you play, if your playing a military style game then you would just make the space for the flames and plunder your neighbours for goods instead of having the buildings to produce them and just as an aside doing so can produce more goods for your city than making them. On top of all of that the game is going more and more towards military with more attack and plunder GB's so why not re balance that with some new defence GB's?

Ok so my wording did not exclude any players its just that these GB's are not going to be of advantage to players until they have enough flames or towers to put them into them, just like all GB's have currently been targeted at certain Era's by the goods required to build them so AGAIN no real change to what is already in the game currently. You can refer me to the Oracle and I will refer you right back to the action that Inno took to address the situation once they realised that the balance of the GB allowed it to be abused, that was a mistake Inno made on the balance of returns not on the function and purpose of the actual GB.

:-)

Agent327

Overlord
If the GB has limits then they cannot exceed those limits can they? Inno know how many things people have in their inventories and would no doubt research the defence % possible by top players

If that is the case, how come they make mistake after mistake in bringing out new items? The Hall of Fame, The Oracle, The Railgun, The Crystal Villa and many more. Have a look at the beta forum. Players warn about these mistakes all the time and Inno still bvrings them to the live servers.

son one server I play my city is only in Industrial Era and have come up against people with defences over 400% so if they are already in the game then its possible for players to use them, it all depends on what style you play, if your playing a military style game then you would just make the space for the flames and plunder your neighbours for goods instead of having the buildings to produce them and just as an aside doing so can produce more goods for your city than making them. On top of all of that the game is going more and more towards military with more attack and plunder GB's so why not re balance that with some new defence GB's?

In what way do you rebelance the game if all you do is make strong players even stronger? You mention IE. What do you think players in OE have?

Ok so my wording did not exclude any players its just that these GB's are not going to be of advantage to players until they have enough flames or towers to put them into them, just like all GB's have currently been targeted at certain Era's by the goods required to build them so AGAIN no real change to what is already in the game currently.

Except ofcourse that with your idea all those flames and towesr can be used, where right now, lack of space is keeping them in the inventory.

You can refer me to the Oracle and I will refer you right back to the action that Inno took to address the situation once they realised that the balance of the GB allowed it to be abused, that was a mistake Inno made on the balance of returns not on the function and purpose of the actual GB.

So Inno adressed the situation once they realised. Rather strange for a company that according to you knows all. Very good reason to better not introduce your GB's. Thanks for the warning.

DeletedUser111907

Agent327 can I ask why you play Foe? lol actually in fact do you play FoE?
According to you everything is wrong, Inno never do anything good and its not worth anyone playing because strong players who have been playing for years are to big and strong lol

Getting bored of addressing everything you want to pick holes in but .....
am I responsible for Inno not listening to peoples advice? errr no don't think so thats their perogative

your not making anyone any stronger if they already have the ability to use the items they already have and even if they use them all and have 20000000 % defence everyone in that Era who has accumulated the same kind of quantity over the same amount of time is going to be having a similar amount of defence, if you rushed through the game to get to OF and didn't play the game at the pace its supposed to be played who's fault is that?

choice keeps them in their inventory as they choose to put other things in their cities, personally every flame and tower I have ever gained is in every city on every server I play and will always be so as I play a military style game and at this time also require medals for expansions so they are also a priority, its all about choices

Of course Inno knows all of what you have in your inventory the information is on their servers just the same as all the information they have of when you log on and off and how long you play and what time of day and so on and so forth, data mining is pretty advanced these days and pretty simple to do when its your own servers you want to mine the information from.

But from this point forward I will just agree to disagree with you :-) you have your opinions on FoE, Inno and my idea and I have mine we are never going to agree so as I say I will agree to disagree and leave it there. Good forging to you.

Agent327

Overlord
Agent327 can I ask why you play Foe? lol actually in fact do you play FoE?

Ofcourse I do not play FoE. I just heard about it on the internet.

According to you everything is wrong, Inno never do anything good and its not worth anyone playing because strong players who have been playing for years are to big and strong lol

I am glad you understand.

Getting bored of addressing everything you want to pick holes in but .....
am I responsible for Inno not listening to peoples advice? errr no don't think so thats their perogative

You are not. Let's hope they do not listen to your advice either.

your not making anyone any stronger if they already have the ability to use the items they already have and even if they use them all and have 20000000 % defence everyone in that Era who has accumulated the same kind of quantity over the same amount of time is going to be having a similar amount of defence, if you rushed through the game to get to OF and didn't play the game at the pace its supposed to be played who's fault is that?

Now it is my time to ask if you actually play the game. What on earth makes you think that everyone in the same era has accumulated the same?

choice keeps them in their inventory as they choose to put other things in their cities, personally every flame and tower I have ever gained is in every city on every server I play and will always be so as I play a military style game and at this time also require medals for expansions so they are also a priority, its all about choices

If every tower and flame you ever gained is in all your cities you are not that big or active player. You are just hobbling along.

Of course Inno knows all of what you have in your inventory the information is on their servers just the same as all the information they have of when you log on and off and how long you play and what time of day and so on and so forth, data mining is pretty advanced these days and pretty simple to do when its your own servers you want to mine the information from.

But do they actually use that information?

But from this point forward I will just agree to disagree with you :-) you have your opinions on FoE, Inno and my idea and I have mine we are never going to agree so as I say I will agree to disagree and leave it there. Good forging to you.

Fine by me, but may I suggest you have a look at the beta and the beta forrum. See what happens with the ideas and the feedback there.

DeletedUser107476

Fine by me, but may I suggest you have a look at the beta and the beta forrum. See what happens with the ideas and the feedback there.
Several ideas from forums have been used in the game. Just because not all ideas make it to the game does not mean they are not considered. Being negative and not putting ideas forward, gets nothing accomplished. As to Beta and Beta Forums that is a separate entity to EN server. Their feedback is listened to, however getting fixes implemented does not always happen before release. We see this online and with offline games for pc and games consoles where updates are released shortly after the game is released. Anyway we are heading off topic which is 2 new GB's which allow specific buildings to be stored within them.

Agent327

Overlord
Their feedback is listened to, however getting fixes implemented does not always happen before release.

Not always? Don't you mean never?

A simple example is the Crystal Villa. That could not have been fixed before the release?

Galladhorn

Monarch
Idea does not take into account the fast majority of players that are at the end of the game and building up their GB's in recordtime. Medals they have plenty, so no victory towers there. So they will bring up the Flame in record time, stuff it full with watchfires and flames and become invincible.

Yes that is true, but it has more to do with the rather un ballanced functionality of The Arc
The subject of adjusting the Arc is being discussed in the Forums currently.

It will be hard one to fix since one could say that the Damage has already been done with the Arc - I´m sure that those players who have Arc in the very high levels would not agree much to this and frankly who can blame them. The Arc was made the way it was and the good players saw the opportunety to utilize it.

But as such I still find this idea a good one and "the Arc" should not stop such ideas regardless.

Agent327

Overlord
Yes that is true, but it has more to do with the rather un ballanced functionality of The Arc.

It's not just the Arc. There are many more aspects to this. Watchtowers were not that easy to come by, unless you bought them at an event. At the moment, GE is spitting out flames as if it is nothing. Once I can put all those in a limited space I will have a GB with a huge defence boost. The unballance comes from more than just the Arc.

DeletedUser110131

+1

The concept of a GB that incorporates other buildings in this way, is new. I like it.

I also like the idea of adding some defensive attack bonus. While it's not a coincidence that this is hard to come by, it may be just a little bit too hard. Flames and victory towers are unique building types; they're not regular buildings, and not regular decorations. Their nature as reward buildings is suited for this.

It won't make them worthless as stand-alone buildings, as utilizing those small gaps between buildings will still be profitable. It will, however, increase their worth, and thus the value of GE, quests, and events. It will be a balancing issue, but there are a lot of elements that Inno can play around with to get that right. FPs have been mentioned. Reduced effect of adding further Flames and Victory Towers may be necessary at higher levels. It'll still be worth it for high era players, though, as they'll have accumulated a lot of these buildings.

Finally, as @markp27 suggests, it would be a nice way to revive the Colosseum.

DeletedUser110131

Where exactly do you see that idea mentioned? Nothing in this idea has anything to do with a derensiveattack bonus.

That would be here:

As each level is opened it allows x amount of Flames or Towers to be added to the GB, as with most GB's these would have a secondary bonus which I think should be added defence attack bonus for the Flame as defence attack is quite hard to gain and extra medals per level with the Tower.

@Agent327, I always find it useful to read the topics I post in. The more negative I am to other positions, the more useful I find it. I believe you would find it incredibly useful, if you made the effort.

DeletedUser110131

@Agent327:

Editing has nothing to do with it. The OP was written 2nd Dec, 12:22 PM. The last edit was 38 minutes later, at 1:00 PM. Your first reply on this topic was the next day, at 12:24 PM. That means you had a whopping 23 hours and 24 minutes to spell your way through it.

Now, given that defensive attack bonus is an element in the suggestion, does that affect your view?

DeletedUser107476

Apologies I copied it over from another document I wrote it on and somehow missed the section on GB levels. :-)
The mechanics of how many fp's and how many goods to construct etc I will leave for Inno to work out if this ever gains any momentum :-)
Thanks for the response though, my first attempt at a proposal so all comments are welcomed :-)
This is where OP noticed their mistake and edited the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.