• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GE level 5

GE level 5

Proposal:
In a few sentences, state the general concept of your idea.

I would like to see GE level 5, I've finished GE level 4 for the week and now basically have nothing to do in the game for nearly 4 days, I see this with other players as well, use the same graphics, all scarey and fires and dark that you have for GE level 4

Reason:

People are finishing GE level 4, and would like something else to continue with, guilds can gain more power points, players can gain more rewards, its a win win situation, people who don't want to do it, can just ignore it, advanced players who want something extra to do, more challenges, more points, more rewards etc..etc...can do this.

Details:
this will look the same as GE level 4, just increase the battle attack strengths of the fights, increase the resouces needed etc..
give away rewards on an increased basis, from GE leve 4

Balance:

Guilds will need to payup more goods to unlock this, sure, but only for the guilds that want to do this,
i think it should follow on in the same spirit as GE level 4 really,

Abuse Prevention:

don' see this as any issue

DeletedUser110195

I think if they do this the defending armies should all be next age and have bonuses 100% above level 4. For Oceanic Future, maybe they could create space alien units that simply hover over your units and abduct them for **** probing.

In case it wasn't clear...I dislike this idea, only top guilds made up of people who've been playing since day 1 plow so effortlessly through level 4 that they finish it in 2 days, I don't think these guilds need extra help.

In case it wasn't clear...I dislike this idea, only top guilds made up of people who've been playing since day 1 plow so effortlessly through level 4 that they finish it in 2 days, I don't think these guilds need extra help.

been playing for over 3 years now and if the makers want to keep people playing, the long term dedicated, high level players, they need to keep them occupied in the game keep them busy and keep them interested in my opinion.

DeletedUser103370

been playing for over 3 years now and if the makers want to keep people playing, the long term dedicated, high level players, they need to keep them occupied in the game keep them busy and keep them interested in my opinion.

True, also true that you can only get many "new" dedicated players, if you keep the small players occupied, busy and interested!
So I'm not against level 5 at all, but exactly because of this we would need to give the smaller players the ability to repeat GE levels.

It's interesting to see in this discussion https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...repeat-a-ge-level-instead-of-advancing.33721/ how big players are against something which would be more beneficial for small ones, a GE level 5 is obviously only beneficial for the big ones.
You voted against that, because you knew it would not benefit you, now you come up with something which only benefits you...
How is that?

You'd get my vote here, but only if you were impartial. Now I only see is that you only interested in things which benefits your individual needs, and that's not nice imo.

You voted against that, because you knew it would not benefit you, now you come up with something which only benefits you...
How is that?

You'd get my vote here, but only if you were impartial. Now I only see is that you only interested in things which benefits your individual needs, and that's not nice imo.

Why would you assume to know my reasons and thoughts?
Because what you have said is not correct.

to quote you, that's not nice imo

repeating GE levels over and over again makes no sense at all to the overall scoring of the event
i could do GE level 1 a few times a day, then finish the week off in the last 2 or 3 days with the other levels

heck, put 10 levels to GE in, stagger them out, so the first 3 and 4 are easy, then make them progressive more difficult, I don't mind, I'm definately not against something that keeps more of the game players active and doing things,
There will then be the issue however, for less active players of having goods
for any level of more GE activity players will need more goods
so again it will still only come down to the more active players who loot and plunder goods, or produce a lot of goods

DeletedUser107476

I was intending to not comment on this thread, however I wish to reply to this.

KnightTemplar is not in an old guild or high era on o world. He is my guild there which is 1 year old and we have a few members that complete level 4 every week. They are mostly players in PME or below who do this.

DeletedUser110195

I was intending to not comment on this thread, however I wish to reply to this.

KnightTemplar is not in an old guild or high era on o world. He is my guild there which is 1 year old and we have a few members that complete level 4 every week. They are mostly players in PME or below who do this.
Well that's some impressive dedication to getting their attack bonus up to what I can only guess is somewhere around 200%....it still doesn't change that they need no help in further dominating other guilds.

It also has no bearing on when those people started playing, only when your guild was formed. O world is the newest, so of course it isn't going to have cities that are 5 years old, but the players may have been around that long.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser103370

Why would you assume to know my reasons and thoughts?
Because what you have said is not correct.

to quote you, that's not nice imo

repeating GE levels over and over again makes no sense at all to the overall scoring of the event
i could do GE level 1 a few times a day, then finish the week off in the last 2 or 3 days with the other levels

heck, put 10 levels to GE in, stagger them out, so the first 3 and 4 are easy, then make them progressive more difficult, I don't mind, I'm definately not against something that keeps more of the game players active and doing things,
There will then be the issue however, for less active players of having goods
for any level of more GE activity players will need more goods
so again it will still only come down to the more active players who loot and plunder goods, or produce a lot of goods

So tell me then, how do you mean that "it makes no sense to repeat a GE level"?
You see you're talking about level 5 for gods sake. You think everyone is capable of reaching even level 3?
Obviously not... There are players, who can only do level 1. And there are players who can only reach level 2, and so on...
So then how does it "make no sense" for those people to be able to play a little bit longer? You started this topic by explaining that - and I quote - "I've finished GE level 4 for the week and now basically have nothing to do in the game for nearly 4 days". Then what do you think how players feel, who finishes level 1, then have to wait 6 days?

And this is why it's completely irrelevant
if he is a PME level or below or above... Not all players equal, and being capable of doing more levels depends on your bonuses not your age.

The point is simple. You said you want level 5 because you got nothing to do after you breeze through 4 levels in 2-3 days.
I say give repeat possibility because other people got nothing to do after they reach their top level either!

We're talking about the same thing, only difference is that only a portion of people would be able to benefit from level 5, adding even more advantage to them, while everyone could utilize repeating levels...

vikingraider

Emperor
Neutral-- Some good ideas in both.
I have been playing only 9 months and I usually complete level 4. After encounter 35 ish, negotiate using the tavern extra turn.

DeletedUser110195

Neutral-- Some good ideas in both.
I have been playing only 9 months and I usually complete level 4. After encounter 35 ish, negotiate using the tavern extra turn.
Negotiation has no challenge, it is fast and makes completing levels a breeze, especially if you have extra turn activated and a quantity of diamonds in reserve for when you miss more than 4 times.

I've been at this for 8 months, I can fight to the end of 3 in PE depending on defending army compositions, this week was rougher than previous and highlighted that I need to work on my attacker GBs a bit. If people are fighting through to a level 4 finish in 2 days, they are already set to faceroll the entire game and need no more help.

DeletedUser110195

If there's a choice to fight or negotiate, you can't berate people for doing some or all of either.
Who was berating them? I negotiate GE on my alt worlds precisely because it is faster and easier and thus I can wrap up my business there quickly and get back to carefully tending my main world. The fact is negotiating GE is very simple, with enough diamonds it is impossible to fail, the same cannot be said for fighting through GE, and if someone can fight through to the end of 4 effortlessly, then a level 5 will be for them and their peers only. People at my level have a very hard time fighting level 4....I've done it in the past and my army was bled dry from the effort.

joesoap

Major-General
if he is a PME level or below or above... Not all players equal, and being capable of doing more levels depends on your bonuses not your age.
not necessarily true, sometimes the ability to complete higher levels depends more on your age than your bonus, a CE player with 90% bonus (all 3 attack gbs at level 10) will get further than an OF player with the same bonus

The point is simple. You said you want level 5 because you got nothing to do after you breeze through 4 levels in 2-3 days.
I say give repeat possibility because other people got nothing to do after they reach their top level either!

We're talking about the same thing, only difference is that only a portion of people would be able to benefit from level 5, adding even more advantage to them, while everyone could utilize repeating levels...
last i read on the repeating levels idea was to limit the number of encounters to 64, so some1 who finishes level 4 would still have nothing to do

vikingraider

Emperor
Who was berating them? I negotiate GE on my alt worlds precisely because it is faster and easier and thus I can wrap up my business there quickly and get back to carefully tending my main world. The fact is negotiating GE is very simple, with enough diamonds it is impossible to fail, the same cannot be said for fighting through GE, and if someone can fight through to the end of 4 effortlessly, then a level 5 will be for them and their peers only. People at my level have a very hard time fighting level 4....I've done it in the past and my army was bled dry from the effort.

Ok, maybe berate was the wrong word. The choice is there to do either though. The op didn't say you must fight through them, so maybe that's a different avenue.

DeletedUser110195

Ok, maybe berate was the wrong word. The choice is there to do either though. The op didn't say you must fight through them, so maybe that's a different avenue.
Then it simply shifts from those who have impossibly good attack bonuses to favoring people who fill their city with goods production, effectively cutting fighters out, who may not have the mountain of goods you would surely need to negotiate a level 5.

I suppose it comes down to the amount of time people have or willing to put into the game,
I play 12-15 hours a day, but with GE level 4 finishing a few days ahead of the end of the event, my interest in the game is beginning to wain, as I said there is nothing for me to do, plunder my hood takes 30 mins a day, polish and motivate, 10 mins a day,

its a game where you can take it at your own pace, 10 mins a day, 10 hours a day, 10 mins a week even

more active players who want to, or can put the time in, should be given things to do in the game, that's my point really.

you progerss through the game, the more time you have to spend here.

Some people have lives, I realise that, some doin't and live in FOE, that's really just how it is.

All I am asking is that the FOE people consider the loyal players that live in their game and keep them occupied with things to do, adding more levels to GE, allowing the more active players and guilds to progress seems straight forward and rational, let the guilds level up who put the time in and be rewarded for that.

Thankfully we don't live under communism, not every player, or guild is equal.
There is always going to be stronger players, weaker players, weaker guilds, stronger guilds.

If the FOE people can come up with things to benefit the casual players, sure, go for it
if the FOE people can come up with things to benefit the stronger players, sure, go fot it.

more GE levels seems an obvious way to do this.

So tell me then, how do you mean that "it makes no sense to repeat a GE level"?...

Well, be consistant then, if you can complete GE level 1 over and over again, let us hood players over and over again,
reduce the plunder times from 24 hours down to 3 or 4 hours a day,
let me complete that "event" over and over again
the game has to be consistant, if you can repeat one thing over and over again, it opens the door for other things to be done over and over again,

You see you're talking about level 5 for gods sake. You think everyone is capable of reaching even level 3?
Obviously not... There are players, who can only do level 1. And there are players who can only reach level 2, and so on...

But why can't they complete it? see my previous message, its a time thing, if people put more time into the game, im sure they could complete the other levels, and I'm not having a go at these people, sure
people do what they can with the time they have, but lets not think that people "physically" cannot complete these levels, they are just not doing it because of a time issue,

So then how does it "make no sense" for those people to be able to play a little bit longer? You started this topic by explaining that - and I quote - "I've finished GE level 4 for the week and now basically have nothing to do in the game for nearly 4 days". Then what do you think how players feel, who finishes level 1, then have to wait 6 days?

And this is why it's completely irrelevant if he is a PME level or below or above... Not all players equal, and being capable of doing more levels depends on your bonuses not your age.

We're talking about the same thing, only difference is that only a portion of people would be able to benefit from level 5, adding even more advantage to them, while everyone could utilize repeating levels...[/QUOTE]

Well that's some impressive dedication to getting their attack bonus up to what I can only guess is somewhere around 200%....it still doesn't change that they need no help in further dominating other guilds.

It also has no bearing on when those people started playing, only when your guild was formed. O world is the newest, so of course it isn't going to have cities that are 5 years old, but the players may have been around that long.

don't quite have 200% attack bonus :)
but that would be nice, sure,
I have 31% attack bonus from a level 11 Zeus,
I do a mixture of attack and goods, level 3 and 4 are completed with goods trades.

not sure how you could assume that I dominate other guilds?

we are a small but active guild that in one year, through good team work, active players, great leadership, have managed to reach guild level 30

DeletedUser110195

You talk about blazing through level 4 like it was nothing....did you negotiate it? Because you sure didn't fight it, not with only 31%....unless perhaps you're low age, early middle ages or less, I didn't sit my fighting world at low ages long enough to have 11 attacker GB levels, but I know that wouldn't cut it at even late middle, I had 8 levels then and had issues with the bonuses those armies got at level 2(which was as high as my guild at the time opened, apart from 3, once)

GE level 4 is nothing to complete........simple as that, not bragging, just isn't difficult provided you have the goods to negotiate it. I've completed GE level 4 every week its been out, besides 1 week, from memory.

DeletedUser110195

Like I said, negotiation is simple...so of course you could, I could, if my alt-world guilds opened it, I have negotiated it(once my main world guild tortured me by opening it 3 weeks in a row...I'm a fighter...that hurt like hell)but the fact remains that it would put huge pressure on fighters to break themselves powering through 4, and then 5, to compete against guilds who also open it.