• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.61

DeletedUser653

they might be trying to fix it before we get the problems from the update - WOW just seen a flying pink pig go past my window!!!

DeletedUser99588

I guess they just wanted to wait until home time to update so they can read all the fabulous feedback without interrupting their work.

So if this new messaging system was introduced in such a rush for the benefit of mobile users to have access to messaging system how come it hasn't been implemented for mobile users?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100341

I like the looks of the new message system but it leaves a lot to be desired. 1st I read top to bottom not the other way around. If I open an email the latest reply is at the bottom. 2nd the group everyone is referring to is before if the email was sent to several individuals their names would appear if you hoovered over the subject line. I don't see that. You don't know what the distribution list is. 3rd I also liked the outbox to see messages I had sent. I'm sure I'll find more as I explore the new message system.

DeletedUser98639

We had to implement the new system prior to the update to the app which will happen next week. The messaging system will be available on the app on Wed.

I guess they just wanted to wait until home time to update so they can read all the fabulous feedback without interrupting their work.

So if this new messaging system was introduced in such a rush for the benefit of mobile users to have access to messaging system how come it hasn't been implemented for mobile users?

DeletedUser99588

Thanks, there doesn't seem to be an announcement for it or doesn't mobile app updates receive an announcement prior to change?

DeletedUser100341

I like the looks of the new message system but it leaves a lot to be desired. 1st I read top to bottom not the other way around. If I open an email the latest reply is at the bottom. 2nd the group everyone is referring to is before if the email was sent to several individuals their names would appear if you hoovered over the subject line. I don't see that. You don't know what the distribution list is. 3rd I also liked the outbox to see messages I had sent. I'm sure I'll find more as I explore the new message system.

Okay, so I found a little menu in the upper left hand corner that shows the group. But I know its not right because there should have been 6 names of a GB club but only 3 showup.

DeletedUser96901

Okay, so I found a little menu in the upper left hand corner that shows the group. But I know its not right because there should have been 6 names of a GB club but only 3 showup.
then the 3 have deleted it :rolleyes:
(and you don't know that because at that time no message that they have left the conversation)

deleted a message before the new message center was activated --> left forever and not in the conversation anymore

DeletedUser4571

-
Hello Kings and Queens,

The update to 1.61 will take place on October 1st. This update introduces a new, exciting feature: cross-platform messaging system. And a few bugfixes, too.

There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for this little inconvenience.

The full changelog can be found here!

The new message system... this is what you call new and exciting???? It is a bad system.
On beta a lot is said against it and a lot is suggested to improve it and all asked please do not implement this....
I am not going to repeat all suggestions here, since they can all be found on beta.
Pity you ignored all those very USEFUL comments before you implemented. And not only didn't you listen to your CUSTOMERS but you also managed to put back OLD messages that were a long time ago alreadt deleted.

Shafted again by Inno devs I think.

DeletedUser98639

There is no announcement to app users, only a prompt to download the new version. We are bound by the app stores as to the exact time the updates are released and for that reason, we say the messaging system will be available cross-platform on Wed for everyone.

Thanks, there doesn't seem to be an announcement for it or doesn't mobile app updates receive an announcement prior to change?

DeletedUser99588

There is no announcement to app users, only a prompt to download the new version. We are bound by the app stores as to the exact time the updates are released and for that reason, we say the messaging system will be available cross-platform on Wed for everyone.

Thanks, I'm new to using the app so haven't had an update yet and just assumed it worked the same way as the browser. Not sure why you cannot announce here prior to an update that and update is due on Wednesday the same as you would for the browser. I understand the day you can do it is stipulated by the app stores but surely your allowed to notify customers a new update is coming and it will include......

joesoap

Major-General
do we now need to go & find all the old idea threads that suggested titles on messages & start supporting them again?

DeletedUser105078

It looks good to me so far... after sending my first few messages, LOL!

I love how the number of unread messages flashes when you open the message board. I found the thread recipient list in the top left menu and assume it will be used eventually for thread initiators to add/delete recipients... and I'm really looking forward to that, so I don't have to re-create threads every time somebody joins the guild!

I know in Beta there were complaints about getting swamped with messages about people leaving threads, were there any other criticisms? Anyway, in my main-world guild, we were advised by a Beta player to delete all old messages before the update, and so far, I don't have any messages about anybody having left a conversation.

In my second-world guild, I do have some "left message" messages. I think a viable solution is to ask people to only leave a conversation for which they really don't want to get updates, like if they leave the guild and want to get rid of ongoing guild-wide threads. There really isn't any need to delete old threads that aren't being updated anyway. They can happily sit in the message board for however long the board will keep them - they will eventually expire from old age, lol.

Maybe it will take a bit of getting used to on our part, and a bit of bug-fixing on the devs' part, but I think it's a step in the right direction, and I would like to thank the developers for their efforts :)

DeletedUser102427

This is by far the stupidest thing that Inno Games have done recently. Ok that everyone can leave conversations,but now my message inbox is filled with notification that someone left conversation.
And why leave out Delete button,that is more stupid that other thing.
Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!!!

DeletedUser99692

This is by far the stupidest thing that Inno Games have done recently. Ok that everyone can leave conversations,but now my message inbox is filled with notification that someone left conversation.
And why leave out Delete button,that is more stupid that other thing.
Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!!!

Couldn't agree more where as before you just clicked delete now you have to open click then click again. Dear god if it ain't broke please don't fix it. Can you spend some time sorting a new age out and before Xmas Please.

DeletedUser100123

Messaging

Why is it important to see who left a thread?
Why is is so difficult (2 clicks and a selection) to 'delete' the thread?

I can see that in some recuring threads you are disinterested in, leaving has an advantage, but all the 'has lefts' and the removal of the players avatar next to the messgage is not helpful.

There has been much moaning and gnashing of teeth.

Another victory for form over function.

DeletedUser102241

I do not want to be too negative. A new message system that works cross platform is great! Not being able to message has been a huge limitation on the app.

BUT... "soandso left the Conversation" is a huge issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.

There are several other issues that should be improved too, but are a bit less disruptive:
- no delete button (or hide button)
- too many clicks to see who is in a thread
- background too bright
- person's name too small and discrete
- "group name" is confusing when "subject" was clear
There are probably more, but this list looks like a good start already.

DeletedUser106696

Being able to pick up messages cross platform is great... but the way this was implemented feels about as bad as it gets:
Fair enough to allow players to step out of a conversation, but PLEASE do not make this headline news for everybody else... imagine you're in a guild with 70 players where half the players try to delete a message and can only do this by stepping out of a conversation ... utter chaos...

I'm sure we all have some messages that are of interest only for minutes (say an FP request for a muddy GB), and we have other messages we'd like to go back to for a longer time... how on earth can any sane person design a messaging system where you cannot delete unimportant messages without telling the world and its mother all about it ?????

Surely basic messaging technology is over 30 years old by now? Any attempt to re-invent the wheel is bound to end up with something less functional.

Even if you leave the ugly interface, PLEASE give us a (quiet) Delete button for messages we have dealt with and do not need any longer.... pretty please...

DeletedUser

I'm sorry but I find this new message system messy, confusing and unintuitive in the extreme, not to mention a blight on my eyesight due to the bright as the midday sun background.

"XYZ has left the conversation" - what does this mean? Does it mean someone was in the thread reading it and left without leaving a message?

I think this is a step backwards; the previous message system had its faults but at least I knew what on earth was going on.

DeletedUser97883

I... must admit I'm amazed. The old message system was so awful, it takes true talent to create an even worse system.