• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.61

DeletedUser102541

Please, Oh Please, remove the response that someone has left the thread. That just generates a lot of SPAM. If we want to know who is left in the group we can look at the group list!
Other than that, I like the new message system.

DeletedUser15471

What can I say?
One world, ONE player decided to clear the inbox. Result: SEVEN pages of "X left the conversation.
So,14 worlds, 50 guild members could decide to do the same. Result: 5,000 pages.
The first "improvement" that has me seriously thinking the game is no longer worth bothering with.

DeletedUser96745

system just needed a bandage and they have cut off whole hand...

DeletedUser101726

OMG what have Inno done now, just when you thought it was safe to play FoE again they provide another calamity in the form of an update to 'improve' the game! I logged in this morning to find 56 pages YES 56 pages of messages telling me that two guild members had decided to leave discussions. This is ridiculous even by INNO's standards, what level of testing does this company actually do?
PLEASE STOP SENDING A MESSAGE WHEN SOMEONE LEAVES THE DISCUSSION!

DeletedUser3200

I... must admit I'm amazed. The old message system was so awful, it takes true talent to create an even worse system.

Says it all...
Why won't INNO just listen to the people who matter, just for once?

DeletedUser105360

Players are using the leave conversation option as a surrogate for the old delete button. Please bring back the delete button and/or get rid of the message advising when someone leaves a thread.

DeletedUser99588

Says it all...
Why won't INNO just listen to the people who matter, just for once?

Because they have deadlines to meet and would rather make us suffer poorly implemented and unfinished features than miss the deadline. They lack any real project management and a true understanding of the game otherwise we wouldn't be experiencing these amateurish offerings so often. A messaging system for the mobile app is important but it is really time they actually learnt how to test, fix and improve new features in beta before going live.

Currently there is an underlying arrogance that they can throw any old rubbish onto the live server and it doesn't matter. Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling knowing how much they value their customers and the feedback given in beta and from live servers.

It really is water of a ducks back for them. They just couldn't care less and this latest feature debacle once again highlights it. I mean they have had numerous complaints about the new quest background causing discomfort to many players eyes when reading so what do they do? They make the new messaging system the same and try telling you it is a wonderful thing to behold.

Their arrogance holds no bounds and they have no consideration of the accessibility for many who have reported eye strain because of it. Yes I happen to be one of those effected which is why I keep raising it. Virtually everyone commenting on it in beta was in agreement it is way to bright and needs toning down.

Innogames response. Nil, nada, nothing. They responded for once to some other concerns raised but totally ignored this which was raised by many. I have no idea what they think they gain by constantly antagonising their customer base because all it has done for me personally is save me a few pounds as I haven't bought any diamonds since Christmas.

The new messaging can be better than the old one given time but that time should have been spent in beta not on the live servers. Get it right first and listen to your customers. If it is causing eye strain for many fix it!!!!

DeletedUser97349

My feedback: this message system is intolerable and dangerous to people with high blood pressure. Messages sent a few hours ago are already 5 pages back and nigh impossible to find thanks to every Tom, D ick and Harry leaving every conversation from a month ago they don't want to be in.

Highly tempting to log out and not log back in again until its functional.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15501

This is ridiculous, how can they bring this message system live with all of its problems that was clear from the feedback they got on the beta server? If at least they could have fixed the 'player X has left the conversation' messages bumping old threads I would have given props to the devs for at least fixing one of the problems with this new message system, but no they can't even do that. I'm very disappointed.

DeletedUser4571

Well after one day with this new system you have managed to kill ANY nice guild conversations we had with this horrible mailsystem.
The only thing you managed to do is to get rid of the archaic pigeon.
But maybe that was the plan all along.
Make us pay more and play less so you do not have to buy more server time to get rid of all the still existing BUGS that are not fixed.

DeletedUser2989

As per the update announcement:
We hope that you like the new, cross-platform communication system . It will be available on mobile about a week after the browser update.

And a little bit on why:
We had to implement the new system prior to the update to the app which will happen next week. The messaging system will be available on the app on Wed.
There is no announcement to app users, only a prompt to download the new version. We are bound by the app stores as to the exact time the updates are released and for that reason, we say the messaging system will be available cross-platform on Wed for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser105360

This new message system is not just an annoyance, its serious! I am in seven guilds and some of them are being torn apart. Some players wont stop leaving conversations which causes spam and missed messages. This upsets the ones that are not leaving conversations because they are the ones getting the spam. They could leave the conversation also but this compounds the problem. Its no longer guild vs guild its guildmate vs guildmate! I know players that have been playing for years and are saying enough is enough, they are thinking about giving the game away. I've only been playing for one year but this is certainly the low point for me.

DeletedUser108251

Well if the intention was to make the message system confusing then I must congratulate you all on a great success ! However if this was not the intention, may I suggest looking at this and fix the bugs ...
For a start stop the messages on each thread that tell you someone has left the conversation ... it really is not needed and clogs up peoples mailboxes so we struggle to find anything ... also how about bringing back the delete button ... its a simple idea, that generaly works well ... you do not wish to look at a message, one click and the message is gone without telling everyone else that it is deleted or you have left ... often the simple solutions work best as I think you have tried fix something that was not broken by making it over complicated ... I think if you can do those 2 simple fixes it will make the new system useable ... just a thought for the developers ... if you ever read this that is ...

DeletedUser653

Sorry guys, I play in Beta and we hated it there and begged them to make changes and when we got nothing back we begged them not to bring it over to the main servers and I am sure you can guess what reply we got from INNO:-

..................................................................................................................

:mad:

DeletedUser

i am very suspicious that this whole messaging system debacle is due to making it app friendly.

DeletedUser98483

I run Guilds in 2 worlds - trying to help Guildies is now a complete nightmare. After sifting through 56 pages of Inbox in one of them, most of which are "xxx left the conversation", I have lost the will to continue. On page 57 I have just come across a message left by a Guildie who has had enough & has left the game.

It is beyond comprehension in this day & age where communication is key, that Inno has rolled out a tool which kills conversation.

Until/unless the "xxx has left the conversation" is removed, I see many more leaving the game. It takes too long to manage Messages leaving no time to play the game or help Guildmates. There seems little point in continuing to persevere with something where enjoyment in playing the game is dwindling fast.

The only way to avoid the mess is to go 'lone wolf' or close the city until (if ever?) someone with an iota of commonsense at Inno reacts to the negative feedback on this. Surely there was enough feedback on the Beta Forum without the same being voiced here?

DeletedUser

Inno seems to have a huge problem with using beta as beta should be used. beta should be used as a test and fix the problems systems, debug and resolve large customer complaints. how inno uses beta, release get feedback, release anyway. i honestly have no idea why inno even has a beta world when it feels like this game is in a constant state of beta.

DeletedUser102241

Some parts of the new messaging system could be good.
Other parts are a nuisance.
But the absolute killer is "xyz left the Conversation"
It is pure spam. Pages and pages of messages just saying who left the conversation. Who cares!
Having effective guild messages is impossible until this problem is corrected.
xyz left the Conversation will soon be replaced by xyz left the Game unless this is corrected ASAP.