• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.61

DeletedUser16026

-
Hello Kings and Queens,

The update to 1.61 will take place on October 1st. This update introduces a new, exciting feature: cross-platform messaging system. And a few bugfixes, too.

There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for this little inconvenience.

The full changelog can be found here!

DeletedUser9614

This update might be actually pretty good.
(+) cross-platform
(+) opt-out

DeletedUser100378

Maybe I am too set in my ways ? but think this is a menue for chaos, what was wrong with the old system ?
Would have been nice for FOE to ask its many players what they would like to see change..or not.

DeletedUser96901

what was wrong with the old system ?
it didn't work on mobile devices

Would have been nice for FOE to ask its many players what they would like to see change..or not.
why asking ?

there are many ideas how to improve the message system in the ideas section ;)

DeletedUser5180

if i currently delete a message its gone from my system until someone replies then it re-appears

is this still the case.?

i think this COULD be an improvement if (and its a big IF) it works properly, without being too negative im not 100% optimistic due to the recent updates pretty much all having bugs so i suggest guilds swap phone numbers to keep in touch

as i say, if this works as intended then this will be a good update (especially when ios gets it)

DeletedUser97018

one thing that i would really like to know is would it be released with notification that XY person left the thread?
i don't see any info about it in the anouncement

DeletedUser6395

Maybe I am too set in my ways ? but think this is a menue for chaos, what was wrong with the old system ?

My only issue is that by spending time improving FoE to work on every new tablet and phone app that comes out...they are forgetting that the game needs new content to save players leaving through boredom.
I understand that more and more players are now using these devices to play FoE but my problem is...when do we get some new content that makes existing players that have been here since day 1 interested enough to continue playing and remain with the game...when all the updates are concentrated there?
Maybe I'm just an' old fart.:))

(and I know many of you are going to agree)

DeletedUser99588

Lol, can't wait to see everyones reaction when they actually see what they are getting from this new message system. If you haven't already take a look on beta :)

Another half baked feature not ready for release but hey ho throw it out there anyway. I mean what could happen other than annoying everyone once again and diamond sales suffering.

DeletedUser16026

if i currently delete a message its gone from my system until someone replies then it re-appears

is this still the case.?
That is the case only till the new messaging system is introduced. Also, as mentioned in the announcement, if you delete a thread now and no one responds by the time the messaging system is introduced, there will be no option for that message to reappear for you. Therefore if you have any potentially important threads, do not delete them.

one thing that i would really like to know is would it be released with notification that XY person left the thread?
As far as I'm aware there will be notifications. I will double check though.

DeletedUser11899

I just expect that the "allocated some time to smaller improvements" be spent for:

...reinstating the "Delete" thread button (I notice that in the new system is missing)
...removing the messages "xxxx left the Conversation" (if not, if you're part of a large guild, when your guildies begin to click 'Leave' your inbox will be flooded continuously with those messages)

DeletedUser12153

I really dislike the conversation window
Text not being lined up (like it's now) makes it kinda annoying to read

In case it's not clear what i mean

This
. .is
What
. .I
Don't
. .Like
About
. .it

DeletedUser2989

I just expect that the "allocated some time to smaller improvements" be spent for:

...reinstating the "Delete" thread button (I notice that in the new system is missing)
...removing the messages "xxxx left the Conversation" (if not, if you're part of a large guild, when your guildies begin to click 'Leave' your inbox will be flooded continuously with those messages)

It would be nice to have the "delete but not leave" or hide conversation, when you have a lot of "conversations" it'd just make it easier to go through them all. Sometimes you just need to read a thread and once read can hide it till someone else responds. I'm not as bothered by the "left the conversation" as I can see it being important to know some times, though saying that they probably don't need to display (or cause any flashy animations) when you're browsing the inbox.

I like what I see in the update here but it still feels incomplete... hopefully it doesn't take too many more updates to complete.

GrahamMills

Master Corporal
Another half-baked 'upgrade 'that the developers forced through Beta in less than a week even though it had major features missing.
When all the complaints coming flooding in who will take the brickbats - the moderators of course.

As Judge Judy would say - Adding them all together would not get an IQ into 2 digits.

DeletedUser9168

You are releasing this new half-baked messaging system on the live servers despite promising beta players if would not go live in its current almost unusable form which has received numerous criticism across the board on the beta server?
You have to be kidding!
For the uninitiated this is a 'typical' page from my beta inbox

Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 14.43.27.png

no dates on messages, no lists of participants, no decent synopsis of what the conversation is about (because when someone leaves the convo that gets posted instead). no means of deleting messages without opening them up individually. need i go on? oh and that number '2' on the second message - dont expect it to indicate the number of messages in the thread, cos it doesnt

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser100423

please DO NOT use this new message system, as it is in beta it is a disaster you cannot delete a message you have to re-enter it a second time to remove yourself from it, if you have to keep this new stupid system at least leave the delete button where it is so messages can be deleted easily, I now have pages of messages that I cannot delete

DeletedUser2989

You are releasing this new half-baked messaging system on the live servers despite promising beta players if would not go live in its current almost unusable form which has received numerous criticism across the board on the beta server?
You have to be kidding!
For the uninitiated this is a 'typical' page from my beta inbox

no dates on messages, no lists of participants, no decent synopsis of what the conversation is about (because when someone leaves the convo that gets posted instead). no means of deleting messages without opening them up individually. need i go on? oh and that number '2' on the second message - dont expect it to indicate the number of messages in the thread, cos it doesnt

If you check the images used in the update for this server you'll notice that there are dates and times on the conversations and the addition of "group info" that will let you see the list of participants. So while the delete message part is still missing the version being applied here looks more complete than you think. Oh and the numbers on the messages is also explained in our update announcement:
If you have unread messages, there will be a number displayed (1 to 9+).

Please keep in mind that we are expecting to get what we are told in the update posted here and that it may not exactly align with what is on the beta server.

DeletedUser6974

"The first thing that you will notice is that we now use much brighter layout."

well obviously they didnt read or didnt care to listen to the players feedback as they request with page after page of complaints about the new screen being too bright and the text too small.
same attitude of....They are just our customers, why should we care about their requests and comments?
just throw it out there anyway and let them send in more worthless feedback. :( :( :(

DeletedUser99588

"The first thing that you will notice is that we now use much brighter layout."

Sheer Arrogance on Innogames part considering the feedback in beta. They think they can just throw any old rubbish out regardless of feedback and it won't matter. Maybe they can as we all keep coming back for more.