• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event Hero's Tale

DeletedUser

herostalelogo.png

Beloved Audience!

It was the best of times, it was the worst of time, it was the age of barbarism, the epoch of belief.
And unto this, a child was born by the name of An-War. Neither son of a king nor a god, fate had still chosen a unique path for the child.

Let a humble chronicler tell thee of his saga....​

DeletedUser96901

isn't one week too short ?

I think a few will have a problem to reach the reward because of a bad situation on the map and not knowing which quests will come
(the players who don't get information from the beta server)

DeletedUser

I think a few will have a problem to reach the reward because of a bad situation on the map and not knowing which quests will come

Its planned to run from 10th through to 18th but I can pass on your concerns.

DeletedUser107729

Yay, my first event ^^!
I'm looking forward to it :)!

----
R.I.P Anwar..

DeletedUser100378

herostalelogo.png

Beloved Audience!

It was the best of times, it was the worst of time, it was the age of barbarism, the epoch of belief.
And unto this, a child was born by the name of An-War. Neither son of a king nor a god, fate had still chosen a unique path for the child.

Let a humble chronicler tell thee of his saga....​

Like ships passing on the ocean of life, a growing light and a shout in the darkness a harty hello fellow traveler, - then darkness once more.

R.I.P Anwar.

DeletedUser11899

The Speaker's Corner is one of the best special buildings I've ever seen in all my years here.
A building for warriors as Anwar was.

DeletedUser3707

7 days? As long as there are no artificial limits on how many quests you can do per day, it should be fine.

DeletedUser12400

Another building to help the stronger attack?
It is small, and it gives same attack boost as some military buildings.

The Speaker's Corner is one of the best special buildings I've ever seen in all my years here.
A building for warriors as Anwar was.
I actually agree with you.

7 days? As long as there are no artificial limits on how many quests you can do per day, it should be fine.
The event will last 7 days and there are no limits.

DeletedUser96844

Just a small point...

As it is a special building which gives attack boost to armies..
maybe suggest to devs to make it supply the same amount of defence boost too...

perhaps this would stop anyone complaining that their cities are getting attacked by players getting extra boost from this building...

then again.. perhaps it would not stop people complaining at all..

DeletedUser

Cheers!! I love that you guys took the time to honor your employee this way and the building is quite suitable.. RIP Anwar.

DeletedUser15986

Even with the details of the event, and planning for the quests, I can foresee myself having a problem on at least one world due to the following;
One early quest requires that I infiltrate 3 sectors - No Problem here.

A subsequent quest requires that I acquire two sectors - Hard, but not impossible. (I've been stuck on the final Contemporary province for over a month now. The sectors have a fair whack of a bonus, and are multi-wave, so my units are having a hard time taking sectors - even with a 70%/30% Att/Def boost from my buildings.)

Subsequently I have to scout a province - This is just time, and I expect it to take 3-4 days. (A fair delay, because I have to scout a new map and *then* a province, but it's not terminal.)

Finally I then have to conquer a province. - This is where I'll have a problem. Currently (as noted above) I'm on the final Province of the Contemporary Map, and will have to conquer the entire first Tomorrow province with contemporary units. Now I suspect this will eventually be doable, but I have my doubts I'll be able to do the whole lot within 2-3 days.

When it's possible to have two province paths on the go at the same time then it's not much of an issue, but given that some players will be down to 1 path (and especially as it's a time sensitive quest) then ideally I think the "Conquer Province" and "Scout Province" quests should be reversed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser107724

If conquering/scouting provinces is true, then this is another event down the drain for me :/ I really hate those quests. BTW, same here, I am stuck on the last contemporary province, but I made the bad decision to infiltrate all the sectors.

DeletedUser106685

Then be quick and conquer that last province NOW, and scout the new continent before the event hits.
At the beginning of the Tomorrow map you'll be fighting against Modern Era units, so you'll have no trouble doing those quests for the event when you're there.

DeletedUser

The following post was deleted by the post owner:
The attitude around this event is a bit disturbing. First and foremost we need to decide whether his death is to benefit the game. If so, then sure, create a tacky Avatar and make up a story about a fictional hero to promote the game and profit off his death with some kind of sympathy vote.

I really question whether the portrayal of Anwar as a cartoon character or elaborated story as part of game would be in any way fitting.

Would Anwar as a serious developer just want all the bugs fixed, or to be able to have time to fix the bugs ?

When industry deaths happen, its usual for employees to work extra hard on a project and put in overtime to make the project as good as it could possibly be in tribute e.g. "I hope Anwar would approve".

But if this game were a car restoration show, the solution is to paint a cartoon figure of Anwar on the hood and sell it to the lowest bidder.

Disturbing and a little disgusting.

If I were to pass on & my comrades & friends created a Special Event within the company that we worked together in as a remembrance of me, I would be a grateful spirit. :o

Because the bottomline is, it's a gesture of love, respect and appreciation of the hard work and good times had together whilst living.

Personally, I find your cynicism to be disruptive.

DeletedUser15986

Then be quick and conquer that last province NOW, and scout the new continent before the event hits.
At the beginning of the Tomorrow map you'll be fighting against Modern Era units, so you'll have no trouble doing those quests for the event when you're there.

Does that also count for the second province, as I'll need to scout a province before conquering one - so I'll have to take two provinces on the new map.

DeletedUser7990

I assume if you've got to the end of the Tomorrow Map you just get this automatically, or is it impossible to get this?

DeletedUser96901

I assume if you've got to the end of the Tomorrow Map you just get this automatically, or is it impossible to get this?
as always:
if map is finished the quest part with scout/acquire/.. is already completed when you get the quest