• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Treasure Hunt

DeletedUser99588

that's the real problem, that it's too good, you get fantastic stuff just for clicking buttons

kinda cheapens the whole game that...

I think the game in general gives rewards for just clicking buttons. Not sure how this is any different as it is time related like other things in the game.

DeletedUser

Why is the Treasure hunt only available when playing on a PC - not android or ipad?

DeletedUser99588

Why is the Treasure hunt only available when playing on a PC - not android or ipad?

Currently the apps do not provide full functionality but allow you to do the basics. I think they will add other features to it and the treasure hunt does seem a logical one to include but when that will be is anyone's guess. I have requested in the past for dates for feature introductions in general for the game but apparently that is asking to much.

DeletedUser

Currently the apps do not provide full functionality but allow you to do the basics. I think they will add other features to it and the treasure hunt does seem a logical one to include but when that will be is anyone's guess. I have requested in the past for dates for feature introductions in general for the game but apparently that is asking to much.

Thanks for clearing that up.

bilboman

Corporal
that's the real problem, that it's too good, you get fantastic stuff just for clicking buttons

kinda cheapens the whole game that...

The rewards aren't that great if you have moved beyond the lower ages and have Alcatraz etc. Then you just want to turn it off.

DeletedUser105579

The rewards aren't that great if you have moved beyond the lower ages and have Alcatraz etc. Then you just want to turn it off.

Hmmm I disagree about that... I just moved into IndA and got 2 unattached Howitzers..... The traz and higher ages sounds nice in theory, but in reality, those unattached units are a godsend; I have not lost a defense in 3 days now (as opposed to before four days ago :p). The fp packages aren't bad either; on weekends when I have nothing to do, I sometimes reach the 8hr chest, which is not bad in terms of its gifts

DeletedUser99588

I sometimes reach the 8hr chest, which is not bad in terms of its gifts

You kind of summed it up there, its not bad but it's not 'fantastic stuff' imo. They have got it about right with the gifts for a daily play side quest. Would be nice if you got a few more medals but I guess they have to balance it with the other things that produce medals.

Supplies and coins do seem to be pop up a lot though.

DeletedUser101925

Personally I don't have any issues with the treasure hunt and I don't see why anyone should have.
The coins/supplies rewards are very little for anyone whom aged up beyond the middle ages and the fp's are also extremely rare, or atleast for me they are. BP's are always great ofcourse but you get plenty of em from aiding so I don't see the issue.

With that said I agree that having an toggle or option to exclude or include this in our game would be a welcome idea. More options is always desirable rather then (minor) game mechanics been forced on you.

Another option would be to, instead of removing it, to change it into something better:

I'd prefer if they changed the "minutes" into "days".

Also, you should have to invest supplies and gold for the expedition and then you wait a day, etc to see what you find/win.

Maybe you can also invest military units just in case the expedition comes into trouble. Maybe investing units (which you don't get back) increases the chances of success of the expedition?

I think you are on the right track with this idea.
The game is all about managing time schedules in pairs of 4hrs/8hrs so it makes little sense we have these "expeditions" for short periods of time. As if we'd be playing this game all day long and if that would be beneficial besides the expeditions themselves. In some rare cases it might, such as for big GvG players maybe, but for the common player it would be more convenient to have larger gaps between the expeditions themselves. Last I agree with sending a military convoy of some sorts perhaps to improve chances for better rewards?

DeletedUser100832

Personally I don't have any issues with the treasure hunt and I don't see why anyone should have.
The coins/supplies rewards are very little for anyone whom aged up beyond the middle ages and the fp's are also extremely rare, or atleast for me they are. BP's are always great ofcourse but you get plenty of em from aiding so I don't see the issue.

sorry, but there is no way that an average of nearly 3 fp per completed treasure hunt is 'extremely rare'.

DeletedUser

I have some cities running and although Treasure hunt can be time consuming and occasionally irritating, at least it can add to the stocks of FPs etc. I wish we could be given the choice of what we would like rather than a random issue of say coins, when you already have millions, and really need some FPs or a soldier.

DeletedUser5514

Excellent suggestion... it would make the treasure hunt more interesting.

I'd prefer if they changed the "minutes" into "days".

Also, you should have to invest supplies and gold for the expedition and then you wait a day, etc to see what you find/win.

Maybe you can also invest military units just in case the expedition comes into trouble. Maybe investing units (which you don't get back) increases the chances of success of the expedition?

DeletedUser15986

Excellent suggestion... it would make the treasure hunt more interesting.

It isn't worth the time investment right now, and changing it to days instead would only be worth it if the rewards were multiplied by 24...

If not, I'd rather see an option in the settings to turn the treasure hunt off.

DeletedUser12400

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14914

I personally have no problem with the Treasure Hunt , except now they have removed the Green Tick to let you know that the next quest / hunt is ready to collect PLEASE REINSTATE THE GREEN TICK , I for one would like to know / visibly see when the hunt is ready for collection , or else its easy to forget about it and miss it completely

DeletedUser1094

The green tick is still there... just not for the first collect.