• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Update 1.40

Supermum1

Private
thanks for pointing that out akbhoy67 , glad to see I am not the only one, but I definitely did not sit and read 26 pages of posts :(

DeletedUser105176

the quicker the people understand the better:
it is for people who didn't do anything in the past
not for people who already did something to do something better with one simple click

Tell that to the masses of people who usually visit who have now 'aided' leaving several buildings I want tended to left alone because the priority system doesn't favour special buildings (other than shrines/oasis)

DeletedUser98529

How can this be called AID! Aid to give help or assistance . Aid here means polishing everthing before any motivation even when population is enthusiastic.

DeletedUser105078

IMO the AID button is a great idea poorly designed. It should be easy to fix; the program already sets certain priorities, therefore it should be simple to leave decorations until last, after all special buildings, cultural buildings, supply buildings, and houses have been polivated.

The usefulness of the button completely makes up for the randomness of the polivations, but it does not make up for the useless polivation of decorations.

Because, to be sure, it doesn't force anybody to remove decorations, but it's a powerful incentive to do so.

Why have decorations at all, some people might ask. Well, I imagine they are there for aesthetic reasons, to provide players with the ability to beautify their cities if they so wish.

Actually, I like to keep flowers and other small decos not only for aesthetic reasons, but also to help players who need BPs from earlier ages. Yet, while I'm happy for players to polish my decorations for BPs, random deco polishing is a waste for everyone - and so my decorations will have to go... But I am far from happy about it.

All that said, there is another side to the issue. In one of my worlds where I'm not particularly active, I went through and used the Aid button to polivate everyone in the hood. It took no time at all, but it felt I was missing something. Looking at another player's city and trying to find the things they want polivated gives the game a human dimension. You look at what they have built, and you put a bit of care into helping them, and sometimes they will help you in return. Just pressing a button does not compare.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6974

can someone answer what is happening when the Aid button is available but when you go to the Actions both Motivate and Polish is greyed out indicating nothing is open to a polivate.
i can still hit the Aid button and get the 20 coins but what has happened in the players city?
nothing or is there a polivate waiting to be applied when something opens up?

Cuthwolf

Captain
I am at 120% without any polishing so have messages in my narrative and city title requesting motivating instead. Imagine my surprise when I logged on today - all 7 cultural buildings polished, 14 decorations polished, 4 buildings motivated. Yes, I will get rid of the decorations but I paid diamonds for them and wanted to keep them for much longer.

DeletedUser5180

can someone answer what is happening when the aid button is available but when you go to the actions both motivate and polish is greyed out indicating nothing is open to a polivate.
I can still hit the aid button and get the 20 coins but what has happened in the players city?
Nothing or is there a polivate waiting to be applied when something opens up?

'bug'

DeletedUser99588

Yes, I will get rid of the decorations but I paid diamonds for them and wanted to keep them for much longer.

Well there you go. Don't spend diamonds on buildings either because as soon as you move up an age they are no longer seen as a priority even though they are probably still better than new age standard buildings.

DeletedUser105177

I wanted to give you my input about the “Aid” button or as I and others have called it “The Lazy Button”. A big part of what makes this game so enticing and addictive is the fact that it’s so challenging. I’ve said many times to others that “there nothing easy about this game and that’s what makes it so much fun”!
It doesn’t take all that long to go through and give each player that personal touch. Besides isn’t that part of the game to have people spend time playing it? I, like some others, keep track of who Mot/Pol me and how often and if they are doing it to things that truly help. I don’t want to have 1x1 things Mot/Pol all the time. After all what’s the sense in having the status text in your profile that shows what you want done in what order? I realize that some people ignore that anyway but once again that’s another challenge, finding friends and guild players that are going to do the best for you. I reward the most helpful players by doing the same for them and don’t go out of my way to help those that just randomly pick something to Mot/Pol because it was fast and easy. Let’s face it, if you put a monkey or even a chicken in front of a slot machine their going to have the same results as if it were a human, it doesn’t take any brains to push the button.
Also why isn’t it a random occurrence. It always starts out the same with 1x1 polish, then houses, next if your, lucky supplies. And who knows if it ever gets to large cultural buildings before you do a sweep and it starts all over again.
So I guess what I’m saying is please don’t dummy down this fantastic game and please discontinue the Aid (Lazy) button. Then we all can confront the many challenges that this game creates for us and reap the rewards of overcoming its many twist and turns. That’s what makes this a truly fun game to play.

DeletedUser105548

can someone answer what is happening when the Aid button is available but when you go to the Actions both Motivate and Polish is greyed out indicating nothing is open to a polivate.
i can still hit the Aid button and get the 20 coins but what has happened in the players city?

nothing or is there a polivate waiting to be applied when something opens up?

When already greyed out,
It means you have lost ;-)

or in other words: your neighbour will be mad and ask himself why you polished the small decoration instead of motivating his big production plant, happiness producing item or residential building.

the new feature is completely useless. Ok, useless, except for those people who like battles, :D

DeletedUser5180

It does prevent guilds from accurately monitoring members support for each other using the event history records though, since they will be no entry in the event history (I assume) is no actual building was aided despite the member taking the time and trouble to Aid him.

that is a point i brought up earlier and is something that should have been thought about before implementing the feature.

apart from giving the lazy gamer an opportunity to p/m a whole guild in under 2 mins there is not really much benefit to anyone else, i'm still waiting for 8 houses (that cost me a total of 4800 diamonds) to be motivated since the update yet have around 20 decs polished. What was supposed to give my city a nice look just looks an eyesore now with stars bouncing around everywhere.

and before someone tells me to delete them.........NO, why should I, just because a sensible priority list was too much trouble to code.?

DeletedUser99588

Why should you be penalised for taking the trouble to Aid them by not receiving your 20 coin?

They had no problem with you visiting a city and not being rewarded if there wasn't anything to polivate which is more effort than pressing the aid button.

The reward is for motivating or polishing a building not pressing a button or visiting. If there isn't anything to polivate then you try again later.

If they say it isn't a bug then in my mind they are just covering up for rushed or lazy programming.

DeletedUser105678

noticed the pol of several decos but houses, cultural and production went untouched. already at 120% so this is a wasted effort of the aid button

DeletedUser1081

I am right in thinking then the main issues thus far are decorations being polished before buildings, and the accidental aid of neighbours when wanting to attack?

Kimba, I think the issue is decorations being polished at all, when they should be ignored by the "aid" thingy completely, at least until absolutely everything else is mo/po'd. Another issue is that HoFs are not among the "priority" buildings. They certainly should be, perhaps instead of Tigers' Dens which seem to be prioritised for no reason.

It's so sorry-making that all the feedback on beta was once again ignored; and equally sorry-making that when 1.40 was announced here the mods & Starzaan here felt obligated to waste so much time and energy trying to argue that it was somehow okay that the same glaring flaws were being rush-delivered to the regular servers. Weren't we supposed to be in a Shining New Era of Improved Response to Player Feedback? What happened??

DeletedUser105176

Kimba, I think the issue is decorations being polished at all, rather than being given the lowest possible priority or being ignored completely. Another issue is that HoFs are not among the "priority" buildings. They certainly should be, perhaps instead of Tigers' Dens which seem to be prioritised for no reason.

I'd include all special/event buildings. Even Haunted Houses/Graveyards etc should be prioritised, especially as they don't advance as you progress through ages so right now are left behind with the aiding as well.

DeletedUser5180

unfortunately there appear to be many players who are always asking for the game to be made easier. We used to be told not to suggest any ideas that would be considered making the game easier. The designers of the game have obviously decided it is time to pander to these people. first we have the 'swap' button to really simplify rearranging your city, not to mention cutting down road access for military buildings which just need to be swapped with a house or supplies building if you find yourself needing to retrain a unit. Now we have the simplified Aid button - although a single button which "polishes or motivates all available cities in your hood, guild and friend list" would probably be considered better still.
but to all those players who have repeatedly requested the game to be made easier over the last 2 ½ years - feel happy now (assuming you are still playing) - the developers do listen and take note eventually!

you are correct, the ideas's section states not to suggest an idea if it makes the game easier but the changes you've mentioned do exactly that. (to the detriment of the game imo)

perhaps all buildings should be made just 4x4 to save some poor souls trying to fit different sizes in a certain space, auto collect everything when ready and of course we also need the "attack all hood, instantly healing troops as i go" button........ for those that struggle having to press attack, select troops and hit auto

DeletedUser914

unfortunately there appear to be many players who are always asking for the game to be made easier. We used to be told not to suggest any ideas that would be considered making the game easier. The designers of the game have obviously decided it is time to pander to these people. first we have the 'swap' button to really simplify rearranging your city, not to mention cutting down road access for military buildings which just need to be swapped with a house or supplies building if you find yourself needing to retrain a unit. Now we have the simplified Aid button - although a single button which "polishes or motivates all available cities in your hood, guild and friend list" would probably be considered better still.
but to all those players who have repeatedly requested the game to be made easier over the last 2 ½ years - feel happy now (assuming you are still playing) - the developers do listen and take note eventually!

Sorry, but the old way is very easy, just click on someones land and choose a building, what is tough about that? The only point: it cost so many time to do it. What makes hard are all these loading times and crashes. Sadly that is even better then all these decopolishings now, it starts to irritate me.

DeletedUser

this aid button is appalling, worst new feature on any game ever, i'm actually angry about it:mad::mad::mad:

DeletedUser104623

Please return option for switch off hardware acceleration. After update, game is slower and hardly distinguish between collecting production and moving screen, loading other players city is in steps (mostly in the beginning I see just stars after 5 seconds or more I see also buildings) like formerly when this option was on, switching it off solved this problems.