• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Summer Event 2014 Discussion Thread

DeletedUser15432

Looks interesting, there have been rumours floating around that this was coming

DeletedUser7223

Would it be too much to ask for a neighborhood tab in the Msg cntre. ?
This is badly needed for a while now . If we are going to be working together in a hood , it would be nice to have this for such occasions . Not to mention the obvious reasons .

http://prntscr.com/4a7ij7

DeletedUser

This is badly needed for a while now . If we are going to be working together in a hood , it would be nice to have this for such occasions . Not to mention the obvious reasons .

There's a neighbourhood chat that might come in useful for the summer event. I'm not sure I've ever needed to contact all my neighbours before, so don't know why a neighbourhood tab would be useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

"If you're advancing very quickly through the quest line there are also a few bonus quests which you might activate"= If you are advancing too fast through the questline, we are going to stop you with our speed bumps disguised as "hard as hell bonus quest", cause you are driving in Comunistia country, even tho the road you can gain tickets on the whole event is 100 meters/ two weeks.

DeletedUser4800

Why is FOE becoming the facebook of games? Why do these events always have to be linked to my neighbours? I don't want to play with anybody else, I don't want other players influencing my game, I don't want limitations due to the amount of "friends" I have or don't have in the game!

Can we from now on get rid of this stupid, ridiculous forced gameplay with neighbours? I mean is it too much to ask to have a decent experience on your own and not have to play with other people? When I signed up for this game it was to build my OWN city, not build a SHARED city, not have to play with other players, not have to rely on neighbours for my quests or whatever.

Is it so hard to have a decent solo game where I build my OWN city and play ALONE and not with imaginary online "friends"?

DeletedUser1081

"If you're advancing very quickly through the quest line there are also a few bonus quests which you might activate"= If you are advancing too fast through the questline, we are going to stop you with our speed bumps disguised as "hard as hell bonus quest", cause you are driving in Comunistia country, even tho the road you can gain tickets on the whole event is 100 meters/ two weeks.

Er ... no. If you get a bonus quest, it gives you extra opportunities to spin the wheel/get prizes.
Everyone on beta agreed that there weren't enough quests, so if they've added some: good!

DeletedUser99170

@ Lazlow

Where comes this news from that there are bonus quests for fast spinners? I hope we do not mislead people in spinning their few tickets in a hurry, in order to get more tickets by assumed bonus quests?

DeletedUser99170

I've ever needed to contact all my neighbours before, so don't know why a neighbourhood tab would be useful.

For several reasons I can think about, one needs or offers trading, promotes a GB. Since nobody uses the hood chat, its mission impossible to reach anyone by using it. One needs an all neighbour message to be send to get the hood into this chat in fact.

DeletedUser1081

@ Lazlow

Where comes this news from that there are bonus quests for fast spinners? I hope we do not mislead people in spinning their few tickets in a hurry, in order to get more tickets by assumed bonus quests?

Here: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?27071-Summer-Event-Announcement-2014

The bonus quests aren't for "fast spinners", they're for people who are getting through the quests very quickly. And as I noted above: If there's more to do, good!

DeletedUser

Why is FOE becoming the facebook of games? Why do these events always have to be linked to my neighbours? I don't want to play with anybody else, I don't want other players influencing my game, I don't want limitations due to the amount of "friends" I have or don't have in the game!

Can we from now on get rid of this stupid, ridiculous forced gameplay with neighbours? I mean is it too much to ask to have a decent experience on your own and not have to play with other people? When I signed up for this game it was to build my OWN city, not build a SHARED city, not have to play with other players, not have to rely on neighbours for my quests or whatever.

Is it so hard to have a decent solo game where I build my OWN city and play ALONE and not with imaginary online "friends"?

No it's not difficult - just ignore the event and play by yourself. You don't 'have' to make friends or join a guild, okay you can't get out of being in a neighbourhood but you can ignore your neighbours. I can manage to play a decent game all by myself quite well, although I do enjoy the events. However I don't really play 'with' my neighbours in the events, I just get the quests done and pick up the odd prize.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99445

Hi SlickR, I hear you and have no issues with you wanting to play alone and not speak or interact with imaginary online friends so can I ask why you are willing to do just this in the Game Forum but not the game? It's the same imaginary online friends in the forum as can be found in the game. Just asking out of curiosity.

DeletedUser

Er ... no. If you get a bonus quest, it gives you extra opportunities to spin the wheel/get prizes.
Everyone on beta agreed that there weren't enough quests, so if they've added some: good!
Listen, i don't disagree with more quests, but i don't like the fact that after 1-2 quests, i get tripped by hard bonus quest, why couldn't had been for example after you FINISH the main quests (which is viewed apparently by the designers as easy and or accessible) to start the bonus quests?

DeletedUser

And about the playing with the neighborhood i had the same feeling as SlickR at first last year, but i changed my tune afterwards. See this is the spin wheel : http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?4291-Summer-Event-2013 (This is the last year event so i'm not getting under the spoiler rules). People were unlucky and greyed out most of the circles around my target prize, so even if i missed the pin landing on the prize, i would get the prize anyway.

DeletedUser100341

Unlike the Easter event, this event and the soccer event could be played entirely by yourself. Just think of the soccer prize changing and now the wheel prize rotation as a random event. And as your neighbors as computer generated. I don't interact with my neighbors except to polivate to try and get BPs or attack for points. But I do enjoy interacting with my guildmates.

DeletedUser102854

A friend tab in the message centre as well as in the market and we shouldn't have to pay an FP to buy from our Friends.

DeletedUser914

maybe it is only me, but I already have too many items, still have the large confectionary, fan shops, a zeppelin and a bunch of graveyards in inventory: most rewards are likely to end in inventory for a long time....

DeletedUser101925

A friend tab in the message centre as well as in the market and we shouldn't have to pay an FP to buy from our Friends.

I didn't like his neighborhood messaging idea but I do like your idea regarding messaging all friends.