• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

A nice Friday evening rant...

DeletedUser9614

I have to be critical about the initial post.

Let me put the changes that have been done in a larger perspective.

I have joined this game 2 years ago because this game did not required 10 hours a day. There are games were you have to be online all the time or you lose big e.g. Tribal Wars -- the most life eating game that I know. Well, I think that slowing down the pace of this game is going back to the old principles. I really like the fact that I can log in for a few minutes here and there, and still do well instead of doing 16h/day shifts to watch for attacks with all ghosts and jumpers. Because of GvG, this game speed up too much, but now, it appears it is slowing down again, which is a step in a right direction. This might turn away a short term players, but will attract a long term players like me.

Give a credit to developers for opening higher levels of GBs. Its better to start easier like with GBs rather than make a start like with HOF. Then, players will complain they have been nerfed, and that is true. While if GBs bonuses are lower, they always can be raised. It is better this way rather than cutting the overpowered building down. Some GBs might be worth investing Castel del Monte for extra FPs+Attack, Chateau that improves diamonds from quests, or Cape that give 1 more FPs per level. Even buildings with bonuses like St. Marks, Lighthouse, Royal Albert are somehow worth it. Well, if you want your bonuses to continue exponentially, it will not happen because this will rig the game and turn Forge of Empires into Donation to Great Buildings.

DeletedUser100956

I get the impression that you think it’s a good idea to slow the game down so much that people only need to logon for a few minutes. I’m going to explain how that affects Guild Wars and how the 7-day guild lock added to the problem of stalling GvG. If you’re not logged on and are attacked in Guild Wars right now you will probably lose the sector. Without the 7-day guild lock, you have a chance to keep hold of it because your allied guilds can fight for you. With the 7-day guild lock, you’re on your own. Obviously, people can’t be logged on 24/7 and it’s silly to propose that people would do that, which is why alliances are so crucial to GvG. Half the Iron Age map in Brisgard got demolished by one guild because other guilds couldn’t help their alliances. The game without the guild lock suited both types of players. Forging alliances was an integral part to surviving in Guild Wars. Without alliances, most guilds would fail as they don’t have the stamina, power, knowledge or fighters to go it alone.

Secondly, I don’t think credit is due to the developers for increasing the GB levels. They already know it’s a bad idea as they’ve nerfed the percentage increase. GBs should finish at level 10, they can’t keep growing and growing or they become too big and powerful and will need nerfing again. How anyone could say giving 1% bonus for 1000+ FPs and 18BPs deserves credit is beyond me. It’s such a small reward for so much time, effort and probably expense.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
The game has slowed down in more ways than one... I can only do one battle now before I need to refresh, to say it gets painfully slow is an understatement :)

DeletedUser15432

I agree with most of the points raised in this thread, however, I am still not having problems with regards to refreshing, as stated before, do not spend all the time on one world, migrate between worlds and this negates the crash problems

DeletedUser100956

Empire = Singular
Empires = Plural
Forge = The coming together or joining.

Forge of Empires = The joining together of multiple empires and the forging of alliances (That's in the advert too, i think). Certainly the implication I'm getting :D

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Yes it does..to forge an alliance means to join or come together.

It all depends if the word forge is used as a noun or a verb.

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
That is not what forge means. It means a furnace or workshop where metals are heated and wrought. What did you think was in the game logo? So, Forge of Empires literally means a workshop where empires are built.

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
As I have said before, it depends if the word forge is used as a noun or a verb...

verb: forge; 3rd person present: forges; past tense: forged; past participle: forged; gerund or present participle: forging

1. make or shape (a metal object) by heating it in a fire or furnace and hammering it.
"he forged a great suit of black armour"
2. create (something) strong, enduring, or successful.
"the two women forged a close bond"
3. produce a fraudulent copy or imitation of (a document, signature, banknote, or work of art).
"the signature on the cheque was forged"

noun: forge; plural noun: forges

1. a blacksmith's workshop; a smithy.

DeletedUser100956

That is not what forge means. It means a furnace or workshop where metals are heated and wrought. What did you think was in the game logo? So, Forge of Empires literally means a workshop where empires are built.

Technically 'Forge' has three different meanings.
From the dictionary - to form or make, especially by concentrated effort: to forge a friendship through mutual trust.

Arguing over the meaning of 'Forge' is not the direction I wanted this thread to take. The founding arguments of the thread are all valid as many of you agree. A reply from a developer or manager to explain or comment on the complaints is all I'm looking for :D

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
It has 4 meanings actually hehehe.. read my post

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, which was?

DeletedUser100956

:p I suggest you 'forge' a library. None of them match your definition. :p

This is my last reply to you as you seem to have had a bang on the head.

This is from the dictionary... 'Forge = to form or make, especially by concentrated effort. This is 'Forge' used in a sentence, also from the dictionary. 'To forge a friendship through mutual trust.'

DeletedUser65431

This is 'Forge' used in a sentence, also from the dictionary. 'To forge a friendship through mutual trust.'

The game is not called 'Forge an Alliance of Empires' or 'Forge a Friendship of Empires'. Possible alternative meaning could be 'establishment'. But even then, 'Establishment of Empires' does not really fit with your original alliance, fighting and defending implication. Anyway, that's my last word.