• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Gifting Concept

• Thread starter DeletedUser6939
  • Start date

DeletedUser3707

Quests. It would make a great Christmas quest if you have have to gift X amount of Diamonds to someone random.

DeletedUser7719

It's like the better version of sending coins and supplies which is not a good idea when considering multiaccounting

DeletedUser3707

http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?10214-Scammers-Ingame&goto=newpost

it also promotes this. So sorry. Until a block gets put in place by devs this idea cannot happen.

So, some people are using stolen money to buy in game items? That should be going on in EVERY game that allows players to purchase in game items, right?

WHAT ABOUT
Two Diamonds pools. Diamonds earned from in game quests, and Diamonds earned from shops? Players will only be able to aid Diamonds earned from Quests. Would that solve the problem of players using stolen money to buy Diamonds, and then gifting it to other players?

DeletedUser7719

A problem in this is when you gift it to another player, they'll be very happy, but when their diamonds are taken away because the other person got it illegaly...

DeletedUser

It seems your idea of gifting diamonds ain't gonna fly but how about a Bank building where the diamonds are kept and they can be plundered Heee Heee Heee (evil laugh).

Stutz788

Private
Proposal:
To enable the "gifting" of items to other Guild members.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Yes/No

Reason:
To encourage Guild members to enter competitions to foster Guild activity.

Details:
As one of the Leaders of a Guild, I have amassed many items in my Inventory (from earlier ages) that I will never use and it seems a shame to just delete them.

My proposal is that the "Gift" tab in the Inventory be enabled to allow Guild Founders/Leaders the ability to gift other Guild members items from the Guild Founders/Leaders Inventories.

It is my idea that Guilds could be able to run "competitions" to encourage low activity users to become more active in the game; the inducement of a building "above their age" could be an incentive to improve their City and be more active in the game.

Visual Aids:
None.

Balance:
As this proposal would involve the "gifting" of unwanted items, presumably from an early to middle age, I do not envisage late age players gaining any advantage from this proposal.

Abuse Prevention:
The only abuse that I can see; is if a cabal sets themselves up, to set up competitions that only they can win and then "swap" prizes!
I have proposed that only Guild Founders/Leaders be granted this right; to prevent wholesale swapping of the gifted items.

Summary:
I think that this will encourage early age Guild members to be more active by entering Guild competitions to gain buildings/items.

DeletedUser99445

+1 from me though I would like it enabled for all players, not just founders and leaders who are mostly quite full of themselves already.
Let everyone have this function so friends can help each other and players can trade between each other.

Stutz788

Private
I understand where you're coming from, but if you open the right to everyone, then the big "heavy hitters" will gain another big advantage; by being able to swap items to their advantage.

Mayhap, if the "open gifting" was age limited...

If you were above the Modern Age, you could not gift unless you were a Founder/Leader....

Your thoughts are welcome.

DeletedUser15432

I quite like this idea as well and would like to give it a +1 also and I know that this would be helpful to a lot of players and guilds

DeletedUser99588

+1 to enabling gift option but you should only be able to receive gifts of your own age or below otherwise balance issues will arise.

so

-1 to being able to gift higher age items to lower age players.

DeletedUser99445

I understand where you're coming from, but if you open the right to everyone, then the big "heavy hitters" will gain another big advantage; by being able to swap items to their advantage.

Mayhap, if the "open gifting" was age limited...

If you were above the Modern Age, you could not gift unless you were a Founder/Leader....

Your thoughts are welcome.

Can't see how Heavy Hitters would gain....they already have the best of what's out there usually.
I would love to be able to help my friends out and give some or all the old age stuff away and it would be great to swap that "top Left BP on from my zeuss with Stutz who has the middle BP on Zeuss that I am so desperate for"
As a so called heavy hitter, I don't see how I can exploit it. Maybe I am being naïve.

DeletedUser1081

Wouldn't it be enough to make it a something only guildmates could do? As in not just leaders/founders, but anyone in a guild. That would prevent it being used to extort or bribe neighbours - what other sorts of abuses are you concerned about, Stutz?

Thanatos is right about the balance - it would need to be limited to items from the recipient's age or lower.

In case it's essential to say it explicity:
+1

Last edited by a moderator:

Stutz788

Private
It could be age limited; I'm not suggesting that a Bronze Age player could be gifted a Postmodern Era building.
It could be limited to the recipient's age +1: A player in the EMA could receive an item from the HMA, but no higher.
This could encourage a player to be more active, if the could be gifted an item from one age higher, something to aspire to!

DeletedUser99445

Some will agree and some will disagree with limiting to recipients age BUT Any Gift Ability is going to be better than NONE at all.
Can we also have some climbing roses to attach to our GB's or some vines and can we have the ability to upgrade our town halls?
There really are so many little improvements that can be made. Sadly the developers are not totally committed to this game which is the main reason why every Development takes so long. They divide their time and resources with other game creation and production.

DeletedUser1081

I don't think it would be reasonable to be able to give a guildmate who had just entered the Iron Age an EMA champion's nest, premium EMA housing, an EMA queen and premium EMA supply buildings. It would unbalance things too much. So minus one unless it's limited to the age the recipient is in. Gifts of premium and special-event structures, plus BPs, should be plenty to aspire to.

DeletedUser7719

There's a lot more limits that would be needed as well IMO. Will add later when I get the time

DeletedUser2989

+1 provided, The gift can only be given if the recipient is equal in age or less (the one age above thing I don't like).

As for who can give gifts to who, you do run the risk of cross-world gifting if it is open to all (but the rule against cross-world swapping would apply I'd expect). Given that I can't see abuses (that are not already covered by rules) I see no reason to restrict it to just guild members or to people with certain rights.

A moderator can probably confirm this, but I think "activating" the gift button is "on the way" (it was mentioned in response to a question asked in the question section of this forum).

DeletedUser

A moderator can probably confirm this, but I think "activating" the gift button is "on the way" (it was mentioned in response to a question asked in the question section of this forum).

The gift button has been in the inventory for a very long time and there have been a lot of questions about it. At present it still has no function apart from the occasional gift of artwork from Inno. Various previous threads on the subject include:

Gifts??

Gifts

and Gifts of Inventory

DeletedUser65431

It could be limited to the recipient's age +1: A player in the EMA could receive an item from the HMA, but no higher.

I just entered the Industrial Age in time for Christmas event and quickly won Breech Loader and Howitzer. Something of a game changer. Effect of those buildings at the start of Colonial Age would be pretty dramatic. -1

Any Gift Ability is going to be better than NONE at all.

Ability to give some gifts would be a good thing. +1

There's a lot more limits that would be needed as well IMO.

Abuse Prevention in original post also needs a rethink...