• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Gifting Concept

• Thread starter DeletedUser6939
  • Start date

DeletedUser4799

I would give +1
although we all know it is not new idea, option was in game long time, but it was not activated why ? because it could decrease the flow of $. How ? since players can give a gift of last BP (which is usually is very hard for any player).
So, if that is the reason why devs do not activate this future, guess we can ask for gifting permission to gift special items like, victory tower, or decorations, or HoF-s , or SoKs or rogues hideout or champions retreat (special items) which are age specific, means independent which age HoF you give present, if it goes to iron age player it will provide power for iron age, or champions will be iron age champions. Sure you can gift also premium items, question is that they will become premium building of the age of player that will receive.
Thus again I give +1. You devs have to open it, and for your $ fill free to block gifting of blueprints and things that from your math give you $.

DeletedUser99445

I would give +1
although we all know it is not new idea, option was in game long time, but it was not activated why ? because it could decrease the flow of $. How ? since players can give a gift of last BP (which is usually is very hard for any player).
So, if that is the reason why devs do not activate this future, guess we can ask for gifting permission to gift special items like, victory tower, or decorations, or HoF-s , or SoKs or rogues hideout or champions retreat (special items) which are age specific, means independent which age HoF you give present, if it goes to iron age player it will provide power for iron age, or champions will be iron age champions. Sure you can gift also premium items, question is that they will become premium building of the age of player that will receive.
Thus again I give +1. You devs have to open it, and for your $ fill free to block gifting of blueprints and things that from your math give you $.

Well there you go. Money. So often comes down to money and I think your spot on.

DeletedUser101925

There's a lot more limits that would be needed as well IMO. Will add later when I get the time

Even with limitations what is it exactly what people want to gift others?
The only thing i can think of is gifting FP packages (without it becoming abusable) but even then i don't think adding the gift option is a good idea. I would most certainly not want people to be able gift troops, nor (event) buildings, nor blueprints. So what is there left to handout?

Im not giving a plus nor a minus to this idea as I dont believe this will add much positive to the game.

Edit: I was just thinking. What if there is a rich guildie that decides to push my account by gifting me tons of buildings and FP packages during events?
Do you think that that kind of behavior should be implemented?

Edit2: Maybe decorations only. But that's as far as i'd go.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99445

Some of us would like to gift buildings and Blue prints etc that we wont be using and are just sat in our inventory's.

DeletedUser99588

I'm against gifting of blue prints and fp's. I am for the gifting of buildings but only those that are the receivers age or less.

DeletedUser4799

Some players do not read, just replay, READ before replaying!

DeletedUser99588

Some players do not read, just replay, READ before replaying!

Well Dahich I was responding to Gate2 and actually in agreement with you over not gifting blueprints. So maybe you would like to take some time to read before complaining about others comments. This isn't SoH everyone here is allowed a voice.

DeletedUser276

I doubt this will happen. The gifting setup was meant for powerups later on. As eventually cards were intentioned to be gained that would give battle bonus's at a cost if you wanted to trade it to another player.

Gifting of any form within the game is hard to police since people could potentially create multi accounts to "gift" to their main account.

DeletedUser1081

The gifting setup was meant for powerups later on. As eventually cards were intentioned to be gained that would give battle bonus's at a cost if you wanted to trade it to another player.

... That's incomprehensible - could you try again?

DeletedUser100341

My inventory is getting cluttered with items I will never use. They are outdated. And reno kits are hard to come by. With the summer event coming I can imagine more stuff adding to inventory. Since the prizes are random. I think gifting to guild members of the same age as the gift is a good idea. It puts the item to good use and rewards or recognizes guild members who are at or below your level for their participation and contributions to the guild.

DeletedUser4799

Any hope that devs will implement at least gifting items from our inventory (for sure, gift will become the age of player that he/she will receive) like decorations or things like that, they can block gifting blueprints and FP-packs.
I have tons of things that I do not need, while others desperately need them.
I see this thread has many stars, so Mods what will happen ?

DeletedUser98465

Some of us would like to gift buildings and Blue prints etc that we wont be using and are just sat in our inventory's.

Yes, but you could or should only be able to gift to an equivalent age, so it doesn't completely get around the issues seemingly trying to be addressed by the OP. You will still have many players with items just sat there.

If for example I'm in ME, any awards which are gained etc are at the age i'm in, so even if i could gift to lower ages a) it would be useless and b) would provide an unfair advantage if allowed. Can you imagine the requirement to translate an ME building/item to that of say, and IA spec item? You would need to code this for every possible scenario. The alternative is to only allow certain items, but then the question is raise over it's validity.

+1 for the idea only. Practically it would require some real consideration on behalf of inno (and knowing they kind of just "implemented" the button without any real thought, then I can't see it being soon)

DeletedUser4799

it is already coded like in summer wheel , so do not see problem of changing the age of deco or building.
only thing that brings them dimonds is blueprints, they can block it.

Yes, but you could or should only be able to gift to an equivalent age, so it doesn't completely get around the issues seemingly trying to be addressed by the OP. You will still have many players with items just sat there.

If for example I'm in ME, any awards which are gained etc are at the age i'm in, so even if i could gift to lower ages a) it would be useless and b) would provide an unfair advantage if allowed. Can you imagine the requirement to translate an ME building/item to that of say, and IA spec item? You would need to code this for every possible scenario. The alternative is to only allow certain items, but then the question is raise over it's validity.

+1 for the idea only. Practically it would require some real consideration on behalf of inno (and knowing they kind of just "implemented" the button without any real thought, then I can't see it being soon)

DeletedUser98465

it is already coded like in summer wheel , so do not see problem of changing the age of deco or building.
only thing that brings them dimonds is blueprints, they can block it.

Maybe, but If you consider that you receive the award dependent on the age you are in, whereas this is donating a reward from the age you are in to another age, then there is a subtle difference.

DeletedUser2989

Any hope that devs will implement at least gifting items from our inventory (for sure, gift will become the age of player that he/she will receive) like decorations or things like that, they can block gifting blueprints and FP-packs.
I have tons of things that I do not need, while others desperately need them.
I see this thread has many stars, so Mods what will happen ?

The number of stars a thread has doesn't impact the chances of a thread being forwarded on to the dev team. Ideas must have mostly +1's and the idea must reflect exactly what those people are actually adding a +1 for (As an example if most of the +1's here also said "provided x is changed" then the OP would need to be changed to reflect it) it to be forwarded for consideration. Currently the mod team is working hard on properly organising ideas and trying to get things in order so that the process of forwarding ideas can run smoothly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4799

Since you know all rules and tricks:
make a offer what and how to suggest, so it will go to dev-s in 1 shot.
plus i am not sure how do I give +1-s
thx for help
Dahich
The number of stars a thread has doesn't impact the chances of a thread being forwarded on to the dev team. Ideas must have mostly +1's and the idea must reflect exactly what those people are actually adding a +1 for (As an example if most of the +1's here also said "provided x is changed" then the OP would need to be changed to reflect it). Currently the mod team is working hard on properly organising ideas and trying to get things in order so that the process of forwarding ideas can run smoothly.

joesoap

Major-General
I would love to clear out my inventory, especially the happiness buildings & decs I seem to have loads of, without wasting the items so +1 from me

DeletedUser4799

stutz788
Create new Idea
where u put only things that give u plus 1 in this thread.
so we +1 in new one and see if mods will muve it to dev-s

DeletedUser6065

Anybody need a couple of cannon camps or trees of Love? +1 . . . . . mk