• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Gifting Concept

• Thread starter DeletedUser6939
  • Start date

Amy Steele

General
The fact that an ideas thread is in 'popular' is an indication of its popularity among players. While ideas from any part of the ideas forum may be forwarded to the developers for consideration, being in 'popular' increases the likelihood of this happening, provided the idea meets other criteria (primarily that it is well thought out/well presented).

As the ideas section was effectively abandoned for over a year, it has taken a lot of hard work by the mods to get to where we are at last able to see the wood for the trees so to speak and the Co-Community Managers have now started to sift through the ideas threads and forward the best of the ideas to the developers. Those ideas already in 'forwarded' (which were found when tidying up the section to have been marked by former mods for forwarding to the developers) will be forwarded, and at the same time any ideas from the rest of the ideas section that meet the criteria for forwarding will also be forwarded.

Please note that being forwarded does not mean that an idea will be implemented in the game. Ultimately that decision will be down to the developers, and will likely depend on such factors as whether the idea fits with their future vision for the direction of the game, as well as how practical it is to implement. That is something which neither mods nor community managers have any control over.

Meanwhile there is still work to do on the ideas section, principally to construct an index, which will enable players, mods and co-community managers to quickly and easily locate ideas on different topics and identify all ideas on a similar theme. Please bear with us while the work is still ongoing. All ideas which are deemed by the co-community managers to be suitable to for forwarding to the developers will be forwarded, but this work will take time.

DeletedUser4799

thank you Amy,
so what should be done to make this idea forwarded ?
regards,
Dahich

DeletedUser

I think the answer to that is to be found in this part of Amy's post:

All ideas which are deemed by the co-community managers to be suitable to for forwarding to the developers will be forwarded, but this work will take time.

If the co-community managers are responsible for forwarding ideas to the developers, then they need to judge it to be suitable.

DeletedUser104843

+1 from me on this

My inventory is full to the brim with 6 pages of useless rubbish that I know others would just love to have. Please let me give these items away to those who could make use of them. I have wanted to start a quiz in my guild and it would be perfect to be able to use these items as rewards.
Ok yes, obviously restrict items to the age of the recipient. Gifting a PME Tank factory to someone in IA would be overkill, not that i know anyone in IA with 2600 spare pop to actually build such a thing lol
Gifting BP's is not an option anyway if you look in your inventory guys. Currently under every item in your inventory is an inactive Gift button but no such button appears under BP's so forget about this.
As for gifting FP packs well i dont see any problem with this at all. I mean whats the biggest issue this could cause? * Oh no that guy completed his research really quick or OMG look how fast he got his GB to level 2! * Allow it, its no different than that person winning them from Donating or in quests.

Come on Dev's, stop listening to moaners who are afraid they might loose their rank to those currently smaller than them and let me help my guildies and friends. everyone wins with this one

Pretty please :)

DeletedUser100861

This summer's event has been very kind to me - I have pretty much everything I wanted, which is great. What isn't great is that a lot of my friends didn't fare as well - for a variety of reasons: less time, less money, less luck on the wheel etc.

Having had as much luck as I did, it would be great to give something to someone who didn't. I appreciate that Inno is, first and foremost, a business, and it isn't going to want to enable that Gift tag on a permanent basis, because everyone would simply swap their duplicates and nobody would be gambling their week's wages to get a new Shrine of Knowledge :)

But... I spent a fair bit on this event, and I'm sure that many others did too. What I would really like to see is a very brief window of time, say just one 15 minute window, where that gift tag is enabled. Everyone, everywhere, gets that 15 minutes, and then it's gone. If you're asleep - tough. If you're at work - tough.

So, my request is for a one-off, 15 minute period of time, announced in advance, where the gift tag is enabled, giving us one opportunity to maybe help a friend who has much less than we have. I mean... I have something like 17 Wells of Welcome in my inventory! My buddy really, really wanted a Rogue Hideout to go with his Alcatraz, and it just hasn't happened. I have 2 in play and 4 in my inventory. That Gift tag has always been there, so why not put it to good use?

This would make me happy. It would certainly make my buddy happy. And Inno would come out of it looking like good guys too :)

DeletedUser2989

Hi bandad, Welcome to the forums.

The devs already have a plan for that "gift button", not sure exactly what it is or when they'll get around to implementing it. Given that I doubt they'd want to "enable" the button temporarily (let alone 15 minutes), the coding for it probably isn't ready or if something is ready it's not been tested (thus probably wouldn't work).

Many people have leftover stuff from a few events, but without a well planned gift function the ability to gift things is far too open to abuse. So while some people would be happy about being able to get rid of stuff they won't use and others would be happy about receiving the gifts if the system isn't fair then there would be many more people that would be angry about either "missing out" (if they temporarily enable then disable the function) or about others getting gifts that make them too powerful (like buildings above the players age).

Unfortunately that means this idea can't go any further than "we'd like the gift button enabled sooner", which would be the same as the following idea:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...tion-in-the-inventory-for-in-Guild-competions

and an alternative idea that popped up relating to excess items from events:
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...ms-in-inventory-converted-into-coins-supplies

DeletedUser99588

The devs already have a plan for that "gift button", not sure exactly what it is or when they'll get around to implementing it.

made me chuckle

DeletedUser96901

My buddy really, really wanted a Rogue Hideout to go with his Alcatraz, and it just hasn't happened.
he still has 8 days left to win one on the wheel
or did he already spend his 52 spins for something he wanted more

I have 2 in play and 4 in my inventory.
maybe you simply should win less if you don't need them

I have one rogue hideout because I need one
and I am smart and don't win another one: I wait for a better wheel to try and win some Shrines

DeletedUser100861

maybe you simply should win less if you don't need them

I have one rogue hideout because I need one
and I am smart and don't win another one: I wait for a better wheel to try and win some Shrines

I was smart too, I won 14 shrines. Many of those wheels had multiple goodies on them, shrines, and Rogue Hideouts and Bazaars, which is why, when spinning for the shrines, I sometimes ended up with extra RHs. Simple. :)

DeletedUser107533

I THINK I HAVE A GOOD IDEA, what do you think about this. Rather than give out prizes like color guards, (where I now have SEVEN!!!!) INNO needs to add a "Gift" part of the game. Two players would need to get a "Gift" prize. Maybe a "Give a Gift" or a "Receive a Gift" prize. Example.... let's say I want to give another player and my friend "Shakeygrahm" a watchtower, oasis or whatever.... a higher military tank to protect his city from plunderers and help him. We are friends and I want to help him, just like other cities and other countries do. I would have to have a "Give a Gift" prize, and he would need to get the "Receive a Gift" prize in order to accept. I believe, Inno already has the gift part of the game set up but I don't think it's ever been used. I think this would be a great idea!!!!! But you guys are the experts. I think this could really add a fun aspect to this game and make a great game even better.

DeletedUser96901

will be funny if a future era player gives a future era military building (maybe heavy)
and the iron age receiver gets the building from the iron age (also the heavy version)

because an iron age player will never ever be able to get a future era building

DeletedUser2989

While this particular version of gifting is unique to other versions of the idea it unfortunately won't be able to be forwarded for the same reason:
The devs already have a plan for that "gift button", not sure exactly what it is or when they'll get around to implementing it.

I'm unsure how exactly they plan to make the feature work or what's preventing them from activating it but at this point we have to wait and see what it's like when it gets activated before any new suggestions can be considered. :(

DeletedUser107533

ok, so I can see how gifting a military building from Future/CE to someone in the Iron Age can change the game, but I have hundreds of dollars in old buildings (sitting in inventory) from last years Summer Event that I would love to donate to a new player in the Iron Age. I am halfway through CE, I have 3 Rogue Hideouts in my inventory that I will never use due to space and I already have 3 in city. Why can't I gift these to one of my guildmates in a lower level? Make one of the prizes in the event a "gift giving" prize, and another player a "gift receiving" prize. Make them rare. Also, you can only receive a prize for the era you are in. I don't think it would upset anybody and only make the game more fun with your friends. It's not like you are donating 1000's of FP's to help them speed through the game or giving them diamonds to cheat Inno out of $$. I think it would do much for this game, as I spend a lot of real $$$ on this game, and I know there are people who cannot afford to spend real $$ money on this game. In the past year that I have played, numerous good people have left this game due to real $. I few donations here and there would not change a thing, and it would probably keep players around longer.

Vesiger

Monarch
I don't see why it shouldn't work as an event prize - both players have to win the appropriate 'award' and then match up with each other, which makes it more difficult to get than simply winning the special building in question (which is already a possibility during the event). And it's a more interesting and original form of prize than a lot of the others introduced recently.
But if Tankovy says the devs already have something else planned, then that's that.