• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Do Not Suggest: Gifting Concept

• Thread starter DeletedUser6939
  • Start date

Andrew420

Major
They have no intention of letting us use the gift box for that purpose
It already has been used in the past when they gave us the portraits I still have mine stored in the gift box
So if they ever do anything with the gift function again
I would be willing to bet it will be when they decide to gift us and it would be something useless like those pictures

DeletedUser107533

so they would rather us collect numerous color guards, ferbergie shops, and worthless drummers than do something cool like I am suggesting… I think my idea sounds really fun and builds friendships. I would think they (developers) should at least something entertain an idea like this unless they can really demonstrate to me how this would be a bad idea. Better than collecting 1/3/5 eggs, coins, or EIGHT COLOR GUARDS. Maybe time to leave this game, it sucks as I have spent over $1000 playing though. I love FoE, but maybe time to find something new… maybe go back to Sid Meyers Colonization again from 1993, which is still to this day A CLASSIC and doesn't cost $. Thanks for the input guys, -Dr.P

DeletedUser100832

Proposal:
People want to reduce ghost-guilding and improve gifting, so perhaps an idea that connects both?

I would say we allow gifting of inventory items between any two guildmembers provided these have continuously been members of their guild for the past 6-12 months (the number can be argued over)

Reason:

The reason is to provide a powerful incentive for people to not leave their guild. You want to help newer members progress? Well you will just have to stay put then. Want to receive help in form of buildings others don't need? Great, but then no ghost-guilding for you.

Details:

Any pair members who have been in a guild for the last x months can freely gift items in their inventory. Items which are age-specific cannot be gifted to a city that is in a lower age. Special items can, but will decrease to the age of the receiving city should they happen to be of a higher age.

A limit of one gift per week will be placed on any pair of users. This means one gift from A to B and one gift from B to A in a 7-day period.

Balance:

I don't think the balance issues would be huge. Most of the items people have in their inventories that they do not need are not of a useful variety to a city in _any_ age. Ok, drummers and colour guards are an exception, but hardly a game-breaking effect.

Abuse Prevention:

??

Summary:

only question I have is whether the 'receiving' city should pay a small charge, like an fp or some coins/supplies for the gift. I am undecided on that tbh.

DeletedUser100065

I don't think the balance issues would be huge. Most of the items people have in their inventories that they do not need are not of a useful variety to a city in _any_ age.
So why would anyone want them as a gift?

What about this: Same player gifting inventory buildings to himself/herself in other worlds?
Hmmm. Might be a possibility; something to think about.

DeletedUser15432

A score of -1, as stated by Overtype, there are already plans for the gift button, also, what you have suggested is a form of pushing and would therefore breach game rules

DeletedUser109863

I have been reading through and see that the developers have no intention of adding gift as an option. How about instead between guild members you can trade or sell. The two ideas I have are this:

Sell: Player A has something that Player B wants. Player B has pay for the item in coins supplies or goods to player A. This transaction cost ONE of the players diamonds. This is not really in the sense that Player A is trying to "make" something off of Player B this is just so they have to earn it. Plus as long as either one pays some diamonds FOE is getting their cut. I am assuming this is why the gifting idea is being removed.

Trade: Players in the same guild be able to trade blueprints. I think this option should just be a straight trade. However if FOE still wants a cut it should be just one of the players who has to pay and not both. This helps the guild and players and FOE.

Thanks

Wolfer

DeletedUser96901

Trade: Players in the same guild be able to trade blueprints. I think this option should just be a straight trade. However if FOE still wants a cut it should be just one of the players who has to pay and not both. This helps the guild and players and FOE.
that would be a trade better than the current bp trade (random 2 for 1 in the same building)

that is on the not to suggest-list and it will not be implemented

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser108240

What we find in a great many online games is that such 'free' trading turns into coersion ("Sell me that or we will continue stealing all your goods") or just plain bullying.
So sorry: -1