• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

[DISCUSSION] FoE Soccer Cup

DeletedUser1081

Update on what happens to shot packages when the event ends:

Shot packages will be transformed into FP packages, this will take place once the event is over (on the next login of each user).

Thank you for that information

DeletedUser

I kinda regret using the shots packages now cause I rather have FP... The lure of the golden chest was too strong!

DeletedUser

personal opinion...this is possibly the worst event package FoE has come up with. The luck is too random, the ability to gain desired prizes almost impossible. When I go over 40 shots w/out hitting anything, and then watch someone else snag the prize, the fun goes right out of it.
At least you have control over the easter eggs...this is a farce.

DeletedUser

I don't think it's fair to judge an event just based on your personal luck with it. I've missed the shots countless time but I've also gotten some decent rewards. I think it's just a fun little mini game.

DeletedUser13082

personal opinion...this is possibly the worst event package FoE has come up with. The luck is too random, the ability to gain desired prizes almost impossible. When I go over 40 shots w/out hitting anything, and then watch someone else snag the prize, the fun goes right out of it.
At least you have control over the easter eggs...this is a farce.

I don't think it's fair to judge an event just based on your personal luck with it. I've missed the shots countless time but I've also gotten some decent rewards. I think it's just a fun little mini game.

Personally I think devs should stop focussing on bad events and focus more on fixing the problems with the game. I appreciate the events as it offers a small change in the game for a while to keep players interested, but seriously, with all the issues the game has at the minute, a football event should be the least on their minds. Need to learn to prioritise.

DeletedUser8813

Personally I think devs should stop focussing on bad events and focus more on fixing the problems with the game. I appreciate the events as it offers a small change in the game for a while to keep players interested, but seriously, with all the issues the game has at the minute, a football event should be the least on their minds. Need to learn to prioritise.

with this i agree...
I never knew how buggy FOE really was till my primary computer fried its motherboard..and had to resort to my backup..this is a couple of years old and not a top of the range computer but is by no means obsolete .
i cant even play the game on it ..i can collect..and do the simple stuff..but load a continent map or gvg and i can make a coffee and a sandwich..go for a wander around the farm..and still sit waiting for it to load..and to fight a battle well each battle takes around 1 to 2 mins to load ..if at all.
foe really do need to stop jamming buggy code upon buggy code .and take the time to optimise it ..

DeletedUser

Consider the impact that this "fun little mini game" has had on the efforts of so many guilds in GvG. One Hall of Fame can provide more crowns, translating to ranking, than several sectors in GvG. When a player can gain 5 or 6 of these, along with a few other members gaining them, then suddenly the efforts of those guilds that actually WORKED for those points are almost wasted effort....you've got to wonder what the devs were thinking. Whoever drew up the Fan Shop needs to take some art classes. It's hideous and doesn't fit with any of the buildings of any Age. Who needs to worry about medals when you can load up on 10+ Victory Towers and start raking in medals...who needs to work for 'em when they're giving 'em away for free?
Liquid is absolutely correct. FoE needs to concentrate on issues within the game. It's great to have events that offer additional items, but when the entire outcome is pure luck and that luck can have this large of an impact on the game, then it's no longer a benefit...it's a detriment.
I sincerely hope FoE does something to correct this faux pas and return the game back to it's roots. This one is a bust, a perfect example of a "ready, fire, aim" thought process.

This game should be based on the skill level and the decision making ability of the individual players, not some random spin of the wheel that can determine such a huge outcome.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5514

Ive been lucky in some moments while shooting but i also think this event sucks big time. Its not fun how the luck factor is being used on FOE.

DeletedUser15432

Well, only been using the golden chests apart from the time when the medals were available (which enabled me to get expansion on a couple of worlds) currently I have the following

9 Hall of Fame (3 worlds do not have any, 2 worlds have 3)
15 Victory Towers
21 Fan shops
1 Shrine of Knowledge
Unknown quantity of shot packages, forge points and blue prints
5 Renovation kits

woody432

Private
Does any think that the soccer quest is boring...for example the goods on offer in the first box changes every 6 hours and some of the amounts you have to pay are ridiculous, the 20% increase your chance one in the middle, waste of time unless you want to throw away your cups ,which brings me on to the CHEST, absolute waste of time, it has been the same goods since day one and its boring. how many times do you want to win a fan store or blue prints, they should have changed some if not all the goods every 24hrs to make it more interesting and the quests...you only win balls doing some of the tasks that you would do normally any way..I honestly think this one was pointless

DeletedUser99588

Well I find this event less stressful than the Easter event where I was constantly worrying about whether I could keep up with returning eggs to those that had placed them in my city. Also the the Easter egg counter being just 6 was ridiculous.

I have to admit the soccer event has grown on me but mainly because I do not care now whether I win or lose. I have worked out some tactics that bring in a good return and have accumulated enough cups to get the things I desire from the timed event. Even won the neighbourhood cup one week.

The prizes in the gold chest are a disappointment. Maybe if you had equal chance of winning each one then it would be a little better but if you have an observatory already then the BP's are of no use (discounting opening level 11 as it is a waste of time IMO).

Extra shot packages are ok I guess and there is a limit to how many fan shops, victory towers one could want. I tried the gold chest 9 or 10 times and got 5 victory towers, 3 fan shops and some extra shot packages. I do agree that the chest prizes should also have been rotated even if it was every few days. Also not having the renovation kit in the timed prize seems an odd decision. Maybe that is meant to be what makes you keep trying for the chest and I guess it worked to an extent with me as that is what I was hoping to win.

Now I have lost interest in going for the chest as I do not want any more of those items as they just aren't that good a prize and the random nature of it isn't fun. So like many others I have just ploughed my cups into getting medals for expansions.

That being said I'm happy with what I have won so far but understand the frustration it causes many.

DeletedUser98167

I am need to build 6 buildings for the footie event. Can you verify that victory towers and watch fires DO count as buildings? Thank You

DeletedUser

I am need to build 6 buildings for the footie event. Can you verify that victory towers and watch fires DO count as buildings? Thank You

Even decorations count as buildings, however, please take note of the following information within the spoiler tags
Quest 25: Take 35 shots. Build 6 buildings from your age - 1 shots package.

In order to fulfil that requirement from the quest, you need to make sure that the buildings you build are from the age you are in.

Moving this to the soccer cup discussion thread....

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Build the free roads..they count :)

*not for age specific buildings though, only when no age is mentioned..handy too when there is a delete buildings quest.

Last edited:

DeletedUser2989

Extra shot packages are ok I guess and there is a limit to how many fan shops, victory towers one could want. I tried the gold chest 9 or 10 times and got 5 victory towers, 3 fan shops and some extra shot packages. I do agree that the chest prizes should also have been rotated even if it was every few days. Also not having the renovation kit in the timed prize seems an odd decision. Maybe that is meant to be what makes you keep trying for the chest and I guess it worked to an extent with me as that is what I was hoping to win.

It would have been good to see a weekly (or every 3-4 day) rotation or change up in the chest option. They could have not only changed what you could get from it (or the % chance of getting the things inside) but also have changed it's cost like the 3 levels of chests we have seen in the past. It would certainly make it more interesting as a prize.

DeletedUser100341

Even decorations count as buildings, however, please take note of the following information within the spoiler tags
Quest 25: Take 35 shots. Build 6 buildings from your age - 1 shots package.

In order to fulfil that requirement from the quest, you need to make sure that the buildings you build are from the age you are in.

Moving this to the soccer cup discussion thread....

OMG I've been juggling buildings and resources to try and achieve this step. It said buildings so I though they needed to be connected by roads. All I needed to do was place 6 decorations anywhere and be done with it :mad:

DeletedUser7719

Also for future reference, if any quest want you to build or have anything, it doesn't have to be connected by roads ;)

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
Hey..you maths guys..someone in my world is claiming that they have won 9000 cups today from only 12 shots. How likely is that?

DeletedUser

The event is fine. I'm a very paranoid person regarding the RNG (Random number God) but I think the chances are being displayed correctly with what I'm getting.

I only think some prizes are by far too expensive. I have a wishing well now going for 6250 cups. I can barely get 1k playing smart, so this is obviously to those people buying diamonds to get them. You would need about 2k diamonds to get so many cups, and that would cost you US$ 30,00. For a virtual wishing well.