• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Halloween Discussion thread

DeletedUser

I am new here and first I wanted to say thanks for all the great info here. I have a question about quest # 5 (I think), the one wanting 1 of each production time completed. Do each of these productions need to be done in the same type of building? I don't particularly want to tie up one of my better production buildings for a full day so I am wondering if I could build a blacksmith off in a corner and just let it run with the full day one.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3157

try attacking progressive age or boosted industrial age defenders with a late middle ages army and see how far you get

Maybe use HMA armies then? ;)

HMAscore.jpg

DeletedUser16026

I have a question about quest # 5 (I think), the one wanting 1 of each production time completed. Do each of these productions need to be done in the same type of building?

No, you just need the productions, doesn't matter what type of production building they're run, and you can use different production buildings to cover them all.

DeletedUser97228

I need to either build a new army for war or welfare, or use my defensive army to attack a province. Which nevermind is a terrible idea because my defensive army is all unnattached. I wish it accepted negotiations. :(

DeletedUser85536

I'm struggling on quest 9 war or welfare where I need to gain 1 sector of continent through battle I normally conquer through trade not war I have looked at my available sectors and I have 5 sectors available all with colonial soldiers I am only 1/4 of the way through hma my troops I have available are great sword warriors, heavy infantry, 2 unattached grenadiers and 1 unattached musketeer, to win a sector I would have to battle against 1) 4 rangers, 3 dragoons and 1 grenadier 2)8 dragoons 3) 2 rangers,4 dragoons and 2 grenadiers 4) 6 rangers and 2 dragoons 5) 4 rangers and 4 dragoons so can anyone advise which of the 5 sectors would be better to attack and win and what troops to use also if I do battle I normally do automatic battle so any help on strategy would be great.

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
I would suggest this one : 4) 6 rangers and 2 dragoons .. I would try to minimize the number of Dragoons you face.. Try not to use your unattached units as if you loose them they are gone. Try one first and don't be afraid to resign if it is not working as planned and then try again with a different combination of units. Try to use the terrain to your advantage.

DeletedUser12348

Another boring quest based event that the majority of players are going to finish in a couple of days then forget all about in a couple of minutes. Is it too much to ask for a bit of imagination and something different, perhaps something a bit challenging ? You are going to be judged and measured against the Easter event for all eternity. I lost sleep over that one !

Read up and there is not one single bit of constructive feedback on the actual event, just the usual "OMG I have to plunder somebody, it's the end of the world !" type of stuff. Perhaps the guys are too bored with this type of thing to bother.

Yes I like the pumpkin field and I like the graveyard non-redundancy approach but you may as well have just given them out. I would like them a lot better if I could put them back in inventory though !

Another non event. 2/10 and the 2 is for the scarecrow.

DeletedUser85536

Thank you Estipar would you suggest attacking with 4 great swords and 4 heavy infantry or a different combination x

DeletedUser7719

ask for a bit of imagination and something different, perhaps something a bit challenging?
Well, it's a challenge for some people as they come here asking how to do quest#. I bet you around half the people in this game would get stuck on one quests if they didn't get the questline beforehand, and if they didn't ask for any help ;)

DeletedUser8019

I don't know if it's because of the times I'm on or why, but I always run into a slowdown when I hit one of those 'collect x number of each good of such-and-such' age quests. There's never any offers up for those goods, and I end up getting shafted by the 10-to-1 merchant after I build a couple of good buildings of the appropriate era.

In fact, I think it almost has to be the times that I'm on, because I've never seen anyone else mention such.

DeletedUser7719

you might as well build the goods buildings yourself than use the 10:1 merchant as boosted goods only produce 5x the amount compared to nonboosted ;)

DeletedUser8019

You, emm... You have a point. I don't know how I never thought of that.

DeletedUser7719

Well, since you're using BA goods, it makes life easier, but if it asks for your current age, then you would have to factor in the time of constructing all the buildings and the cost of the building.
If it did ask for current age, I would stick to what my boosts and end up seeing if anyone would take a 2:1 ratio of the same-age goods.

DeletedUser98943

On the 'War or welfare' quest, it says it says ',,,,,,take some land or invent something military to command'

Does the latter part mean there's an alternative to conquering a sector ? Unlocking a military tech level ?

DeletedUser653

Well, since you're using BA goods, it makes life easier, but if it asks for your current age, then you would have to factor in the time of constructing all the buildings and the cost of the building.
If it did ask for current age, I would stick to what my boosts and end up seeing if anyone would take a 2:1 ratio of the same-age goods.

good advice, almost never build non boasted buildings

DeletedUser653

slight problem with last quest - details in spoiler to not ruin it for all

I have got to last quest and got the Sell or Sorrow option. but since my graveyard was in stock I cannot sell it till I build it, so i build it and then sell it but the game does not see this and is till asking me to complete the quest. I assume its a Sell OR sorrow and if you had no graveyard its only a Sell one.
anyone else with this problem?

UPDATE: Quest will only see buildings in your city at the time the quest is given. so if they are in inventory at the time the quest is given (or maybe accepted?) then they are not taken into account. Just a warning for those with buildings in inventory as this mistake is costing me is costing me a lot in coins and supplies. you have been warned.
UPDATE2: because the quest did not see that I had the building in inventory it does not give you the updated version and you get the same one as was in your inventory and had decided not to build!
Really horrible end to the quest for me.

DeletedUser98943

Sorry, first time using this forum, I'm re-posting my earlier question:

On the War or Welfare quest, it says ',,,,,,take some land or invent something military to command'

Does the latter part mean there's an alternative to conquering a sector ? Unlocking a military tech level ?

DeletedUser653

almost yes, you can build a military building or conquer.

You can only "command" a building once its built so unlocking one would not work