• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Yet another neighbourhood question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Are my neighbours ever going to change substantially? I'm guessing in-actives disappear from the bottom but the usual suspects always remain at the top including one big diamond spender who is just leagues ahead of everyone else.

Seems to me it would make sense to move people in with other players their own level once they've pulled away from the crowd. Aside from being tedious for us getting our 8 hour goods nicked every single morning just before we wake up it can't be very challenging for him always facing armies an age or more below his...

DeletedUser

There are neighbourhood merges each week with those that have about the same progress, but neighbourhoods as a whole are merged, and not parts of it with other parts... so I'm afraid you'll be with them in the same neighbourhood in future.
Best thing I can recommend is to make sure that your production is ready before he can attack/plunder again and collect just ahead of him, but I realise that's not always easy :).

DeletedUser

It's impossible. I need 8 hours sleep and I can't be on this game 5 minutes before I go to sleep and then again 5 minutes after I wake up. This guy has me over a barrel unless they introduce a 10 or 12 hour production which isn't likely. Thanks anyway though.

DeletedUser

24 hour production is way too risky. I can't guarantee I can be at my computer when the production ends due to other responsibilities and priorities and if 24 hours of product got stolen I'd be furious. I'm just going to have to be content with half the production I used to have and slower progress as a result. Thanks anyway guys. :)

DeletedUser1899

I find the Wallet warriors in the game have-in us non-paying at a disadvances. I wonder how much they are paying Innogame's to stay in the neighbourhoods so they can win all the times. One neighbourhood I'm in, the wallet warriors are two ages above us, which is bulldroppings!! The Neighbourhoods are so unbalance's like in EN3: it goes Wallet's with 74.749 then 59.4 , 55.2 , 40.0 , 33.1 and in EN3 the wallet's rule with 85.9 , 72.4 , 37.0 , 22.5

DeletedUser

Well that's true Nitehawk. There is no doubt they have a huge advantage if they spend a lot of money. I don't begrudge them the opportunity to spend money and reap the benefits of faster progression, but I don't why it should have to be at such huge expense to players unfortunate enough to be placed alongside them. If anyone outstrips their neighbourhood by more than 20% or similar they should be bumped into a hood with mostly players of their level.

I might put some money into diamonds at some point myself but not while the game is in a beta state. I don't want to see something I pay real world money for be reduced to half the price later. Also the amount you have to spend to make real progress is too much right now. I'm on a low income and could probably afford to buy about a bakery and a small monument the way things are atm lol. :)

DeletedUser

I find the Wallet warriors in the game have-in us non-paying at a disadvances. I wonder how much they are paying Innogame's to stay in the neighbourhoods so they can win all the times. One neighbourhood I'm in, the wallet warriors are two ages above us, which is bulldroppings!! The Neighbourhoods are so unbalance's like in EN3: it goes Wallet's with 74.749 then 59.4 , 55.2 , 40.0 , 33.1 and in EN3 the wallet's rule with 85.9 , 72.4 , 37.0 , 22.5

I've been right up at / very close to the top of my neighborhood since I started. I'm in the HMA, some members are still in the Iron Age. I'm at 26k and some neighbors that have been there from the start are only at 2500. I've never bought a diamond yet, I've only used the ones that you get as rewards here or there. And while I don't think there are any big spenders in my neighborhood, there are a few members that have done some purchasing.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately for those in a neighbourhood with strong fighters: neighbourhoods are always merged as a whole, so you'll always have them around - it's not as if some people are taken out to be merged with some people from another neighbourhood. Some people just progress fast, whether it's because of diamond use or not, and some don't, and yes, the difference becomes bigger then and it doesn't always seem fair for the ones at the bottom of the list.

DeletedUser1899

Unfortunately for those in a neighbourhood with strong fighters: neighbourhoods are always merged as a whole, so you'll always have them around - it's not as if some people are taken out to be merged with some people from another neighbourhood. Some people just progress fast, whether it's because of diamond use or not, and some don't, and yes, the difference becomes bigger then and it doesn't always seem fair for the ones at the bottom of the list.

that way so many peeps stop playing the game, wallet warrior do use that fact to milk peeps towns. personal I feel that's cheat against non-pay peeps.

DeletedUser

I'm sorry you feel that way, but it is part of the game. I'm not sure what wallet warrior is/are, probably a guild?
Still, the best way is to try to be ahead of them and set up a good defence :).

DeletedUser4089

It's not cheating to buy diamonds. And, it's possible to beat premium users, you just need to be more active.

Also, let's not forget that you don't need to spend your real life money to get diamonds. You can earn diamonds through Sponsorpay, by doing things like filling out surveys. That is a free way for you to make a lot of diamonds, and it helps support the game as Inno gets money from the sponsors.

DeletedUser

yup, i agree, its fair and even good that people buy diamonds, that way the developers get money for making the game more enjoyable to you, so i wont complain that someone stole my 24h production, i`d be sad and mad cuz i didnt get it before they did :P but its part of the game, noone expected pillaging in the old times, and noone could escape it unless they were well protected, so why should you :D

DeletedUser1899

I'm sorry you feel that way, but it is part of the game. I'm not sure what wallet warrior is/are, probably a guild?
Still, the best way is to try to be ahead of them and set up a good defence :).

wallet warriors is a term use in other games like WOT or dark orbit and must but not all wallets look down on non-pay peeps. I have seen these in EN3. I know about win diamonds I have some but money doesn't buy skills.

yup, i agree, its fair and even good that people buy diamonds, that way the developers get money for making the game more enjoyable to you, so i wont complain that someone stole my 24h production, i`d be sad and mad cuz i didnt get it before they did :P but its part of the game, noone expected pillaging in the old times, and noone could escape it unless they were well protected, so why should you :D

The game itself is running like a beta game with a few bugs here and there but that's beta testing for you. The Problem I have seen is the balance's hood; where the first place peep is like 40 -30 points over the next peep (must likely a wallet); like in EN3 (one my one worlds) 85.9 , 72.4 , 37.0 , 22.5. Maybe down the road they make a world just for the Diamond players only and a world just non-pay players.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

wallet warriors is a term use in other games like WOT or dark orbit and must but not all wallets look down on non-pay peeps. I have seen these in EN3. I know about win diamonds I have some but money doesn't buy skills.

Ah, thank you for clearing that up, so a wallet warrior is a paying player? :) I learn a new thing every day!

DeletedUser

Obviously we need the paying players. No-one wants to see Inno go out of business. It just needs to be balanced so that the benefits they receive are more passive. If it unbalances the game too much people will stop playing. This might not bother Inno if they are none paying players but IMO a great many of those non paying players are potential paying players biding their time and the need to be looked after if that potential is ever going to be realised. I think the neighbourhood blending needs a new aspect introduced whereby each neighbourhood can only have a points spread of say 10K across the hood. Anyone above or below average by more than that gets moved to a neighbourhood where they are average.

It would suck in one sense. After my first week I was top of my neighbourhood by a good margin. At the beginning of my second week I was lumped in a neighbourhood where I was 10th or so. It felt like all my hard work had been wasted. At the end of the 2nd week I was 3rd though and that's where I've been since. Like Nitehawk says, skill can have a difference and it should, more than it does really.

It can't be great for the paying player to be so far ahead either though. He could plunder more/better goods and more supplies if his neighbours were closer to him. He could reap more PVP points if his opponents had better armies. Granted there would be more competition on the ladders, but that's the game.

DeletedUser4089

Why does everyone* assume that when any player is a bit further advanced than the others, they're spending mass amounts of money? Maybe they're just active and really hard working? Maybe they won a competition and were awarded 600 diamonds? I think it's a bit rude to call someone a "wallet warrior" when you have no real clue as to how they play. Yes, money doesn't buy skills, but neither does moaning on the forums.

* everyone who moans, at least.

DeletedUser

Well in this guy's case the four amphitheatres and 6 bakeries are a bit of a give away! I might not even mind so much if it was just the odd plunder, but the name of his city which contains a rather vulgar expletive just betrays the whole attitude of it all and basically rubs it all in your face. He's sitting on 25K, after which scores quickly descend through 15K..14K.. 13K. I mean when you have fully twice the score of the guy in 4th place well...there's more than skill involved...which would be fine, except for it affecting other peoples games detrimentally.

As for being far ahead without spending diamonds...well to be honest I think people who are spending an hour on the game every day (which I think is a reasonable amount of time to spend on any game) should be able to play without facing abuse by people who have nothing better to do than play a game for hours on end.

It's just basically unpleasant...and games shouldn't be unpleasant should they? They should be fun...for everyone.

For myself I've happened upon a tactic to protect my goods which seems to be working for the time being. I don't mind losing supplies.

Status
Not open for further replies.