• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Winter Event Quest List & Guidance 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Every event we have, the same thing happens, a whole bunch of threads and in-game tickets are created asking about the quests for the events. So this time round, I will be placing all the relevant information here, however, I will update it daily with the new daily quest, reward and explanation on completion to hopefully answer the various misunderstandings.

The 1st Day of Winter
  • Make people enthusiastic.
  • Have 120 population available.
Explanation
Make people enthusiastic by selling houses and reducing excess population or building a decoration or cultural building.
Gain population by building houses or selling supply, goods or military buildings.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 2nd Day of Winter
  • Write a friendly in-game message.
  • Polish 5 buildings & motivate 5 buildings.
Explanation
Send an in-game message to another player.
Visit your friends, guild mate's or neighbours and polish or motivate their buildings. You need to perform 5 polishes and 5 motivations.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 3rd Day of Winter
  • Build 10 trees
OR
  • Build 1 cypress
OR
  • Build 3 groups of trees
OR
  • Build 1 ornamental tree
OR
  • Build 3 Urban Trees.
Explanation
If this needs explaining further then I would advise you to read this guide: Beginners Guide to FoE

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 4th Day of Winter
  • Buy 2 Forge Points.
Explanation
At the top center of your screen where the Forge Point counter is located, click the + button. You can then use coin or diamonds to purchase Forge Points.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 5th Day of Winter
  • Recruit 3 units from your current age.
OR
  • Recruit 4 units from your previous age.
Explanation
You need to recruit from your current age or your previous age. It can only be one age previous so if, for example, you are in Early Middle Ages, then you must recruit 3 from Early Middle Ages or 4 units from Iron Age.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 6th Day of Winter
  • Aquire a sector without fighting.
Explanation
Aquire a sector by negotiating using goods materials.

Reward
  • 18 Stars

The 7th Day of Winter
  • Polish 15 buildings.
Explanation
Visit your friends, guild mate's or neighbours and polish a building, repeat 15 times.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 8th Day of Winter
  • Spend 19 Forge Points.
Explanation
Spend 19 Forge Points on research or by donating to Great Buildings.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 9th Day of Winter
  • Finish a 5 minute production 16 times.
Explanation
Complete 16 of the shortest productions in your supply buildings.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 10th Day of Winter
  • Gain population and happiness (x40)
  • Gather some coins, supplies and goods (x405)
Explanation
Gain a combination of population and happiness to the value of 40. This can be achieved by building a residential building for the populatikon and a decoration for the remaining happiness.
Additional Solution:
Build a Hut (BA) and a Monument (IA) to achieve this part of the quest.
Gather a combination of 405 coin, supplies and goods. This could be any combination but must include all 3, for example, 5 goods, 50 supplies and 350 coin.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 11th Day of Winter
  • Contribute 14 Forge Points to Great Buildings
OR
  • research a technology.
Explanation
Donate 14 Forge Points to a friend's, guild mate's, neighbour's or your own Great Building or complete any research technology (including unlocking with the required goods).

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 12th Day of Winter
  • Motivate 18 buildings.
Explanation
Visit your friends, guild mates or neighbours and motivate a building, repeat 18 times.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 13th Day of Winter
  • Pay 2000 coins.
  • Pay 2000 Supplies.
Explanation
Pay 2000 coins and 2000 supplies, simple really.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 14th Day of Winter
  • Infiltrate 2 sectors.
  • Spend 5 Forge Points.
Explanation
You need to infiltrate 2sectors. That is, using the infiltrate button (at the cost of coin) to reduce 1 bar of health of each enemy unit in any 2 sectors of any province(s) on the continental map.
You also need to spend 5 Forge Points on research or by donating to Great Buildings.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 15th Day of Winter
  • Build a goods building.
  • Gather 15 goods.
Explanation
You need to build a goods building, not to be confused with a supply building. You also need to gather 15 goods; this can be done by collecting from a Great Building, collecting a completed production from a goods building or plundering a neighbour (completing a trade may also work).

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 16th Day of Winter
  • Plunder 2 buildings
OR
  • Motivate 20 buildings.
Explanation
Successfully attack 2 of your neighbours and plunder their completed coin, supply or goods buildings.
Visit your friends, guild mates or neighbours and motivate a building, repeat 18 times.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 17th Day of Winter
  • Finish a 15 minute production 2 times.
  • Finish a 4 hour production 2 times.
Explanation
Complete a 15 minute production on a supply building, do this twice on 1 building or once on 2 buildings.
Complete a 4 hour production on a supply building, do this twice on 1 building or once on 2 buildings.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 18th Day of Winter
  • Buy a Forge Point.
  • Spend 12 Forge Points.
Explanation
Purchase a Forge point by clicking the plus next to the FP counter at top center of the screen. You can purchase with coin or diamonds.
Donate 12 Forge Points to a friend's, guild mate's, neighbour's or your own Great Building or spend 12 Forge Points on research and/or trades.

Reward
  • 14 Stars

The 19th Day of Winter
  • Aquire 2 sectors.
Explanation
Aquire any 2 sectors on the continent map. This can be done through negotiation or by successfully attacking.

Reward
  • 14 Stars

The 20th Day of Winter
  • Finish an 8 hour production 3 times.
Explanation
Complete an 8 hour production on a supply building, do this three times on 1 building or once on 8 buildings.

Reward
  • 14 Stars

The 21st Day of Winter
  • Have 8 units from your current age
OR
  • Have 10 units from your previous age.
Explanation
You need to have 8 military uniots of your current age/era, they can be attached or unattached. Yoo also need to have 10 units from your previous age/era.

Reward
  • 14 Stars

The 22nd Day of Winter
  • Research a technology.
Explanation
Simples. Complete and unlock any technology i your research tree.

Reward
  • 16 Stars

The 23rd Day of Winter
  • Scout a Province.
Explanation
On the continent map, send your scout to any new, unexplored area (at the cost of coin). If you have nowhere to scout currently, you will need to secure one of the currently active provinces in order to unlock a new one. If you have completed the entire map, this quest should auto-complete.

Reward
  • 18 Stars

FAQ

Can quests be skipped?
Winter Event quests cannot be skipped.

What happens if I don't complete a quest?
You will gain an additional quest every single day and they will form a quest-line. To get to the next quest, you will need to achieve your current one, once you have completed all the quests and are "up-to-date" then you will need to wait until the following day when the next quest is activated.

What should I do if I believe the quest is not working correctly?
Contact the Support Team by submitting a ticket, a moderator will then investigate it and confirm the error or advise you what you have done wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15432

Every event we have, the same thing happens, a whole bunch of threads and in-game tickets are created asking about the quests for the events. So this time round, I will be placing all the relevant information here, however, I will update it daily with the new daily quest, reward and explanation on completion to hopefully answer the various misunderstandings.

The 1st Day of Winter

Reward
  • 12 Stars

Good idea FacetiousMike

DeletedUser

New Player Question

The 1st Day of Winter

Reward
  • 12 Stars

Hello there, I'm very new to the game and just getting to grips with it. My question is about the Winter event quests - is there a way to skip / delete / abort them to move onto a new one in a similar way to the regular quests? Thanks in advance :)

DeletedUser10967

Hello there, I'm very new to the game and just getting to grips with it. My question is about the Winter event quests - is there a way to skip / delete / abort them to move onto a new one in a similar way to the regular quests? Thanks in advance :)

No, not possible to skip. Why would you want to do that, they're not demanding?

DeletedUser15432

The quests form a continuous theme and are treated the same as storyline quests - not deleteable, however, got a beginner the quests are easier 12 seconds for a troop as opposed to 4 hours

DeletedUser9168

The 2nd Day of Winter
  • Write a friendly in-game message.
  • Polish 5 buildings and motivate 5 buildings

Reward
  • 7 Stars

The 3rd Day of Winter
  • Build 10 trees or 1 Cypress or 3 groups of trees, or 1 ornamental tree or 3 urban trees. (NB: one option only is required)

Reward
  • 12 Stars

The 4th Day of Winter
  • Buy 2 Forge Points.

Reward
  • 9 Stars

The 5th Day of Winter
  • Recruit 3 units from your current age or 4 units from the previous age.

Reward
  • 12 Stars

If you do not manage to complete the quest on the day it is set, don't worry - it will remain there until you have completed it. The next quest will then follow immediately after it (assuming it has already been released). You may find some quests take a little longer to complete than others, but you have until 2nd January to complete the whole series, so there is plenty of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser98056

If you do not manage to complete the quest on the day it is set, don't worry - it will remain there until you have completed it. The next quest will then follow immediately after it (assuming it has already been released). Y

Can anyone confirm this as if true then thats probably the end of my winter quests as im not building new military bases just to recruit for a quest

DeletedUser

Can anyone confirm this as if true then thats probably the end of my winter quests as im not building new military bases just to recruit for a quest
I presume you have at least one military building? If so, go into your "army management" and delete 3 units, then rebuild them.

DeletedUser9168

without knowing which Age/Era your city is, as Basherz says delete 3 of current units (NOT unattached ones!) or 4 of your previous era ones.

DeletedUser7719

Does anyone know if Alcatraz counts towards this quest? (I already am recruiting 3 tanks, but I'm curious to see if I needed to delete/spend coins at all)

DeletedUser

Does anyone know if Alcatraz counts towards this quest? (I already am recruiting 3 tanks, but I'm curious to see if I needed to delete/spend coins at all)

I thought this also. In theory it should, but knowing this game, I also got new troops just in case.

DeletedUser15432

I will know in about 4 hours, however, Alcatraz has counted in the past when I have had a quest saying recruit X units from your current age

DeletedUser98056

I presume you have at least one military building? If so, go into your "army management" and delete 3 units, then rebuild them.

Im currently LMA but the only military i have is IA Archers

DeletedUser

Im currently LMA but the only military i have is IA Archers

Do you mean IA archers? And nothing else??????????

Then he only thing I can suggest is to build a berserker barracks (6hrs, 3x3 and shortest time) to replace the archers and recruit 4 of these instead. That will get you around this quest and keep you inline for Christmas.

DeletedUser98056

Do you mean IA archers? And nothing else??????????

Then he only thing I can suggest is to build a berserker barracks (6hrs, 3x3 and shortest time) to replace the archers and recruit 4 of these instead. That will get you around this quest and keep you inline for Christmas.

Oh well guess thats me out of the Christmas questline then

DeletedUser5180

Surely building a berzerker barracks is not that great a hardship?

DeletedUser

It is when your as short of coins and space as i am :(
I'd love to see a picture of your town. Beserker is only 27K and 18k suppl. You are in LMA, and whilst I can understand temporary shortages, it's hardly the end of the world. What have you wasted your cash on - certainly not troops? And when you sell stuff you will get a percentage back.

Status
Not open for further replies.